Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

COVID Big Club Bias

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would imagine Brighton would have requested the game be postponed. Anyone heard anything official?

One rule for some... utter disgrace.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2.5 hours before kick-off seems crazy.

Are there going to be any time limits on postponements introduced, or could the stadium already be filling up before an announcement is made that the 22 people in the stadium with the most space around them cannot possibly play?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester are trying it on IMO.

They've got no defenders, most through injury and Rodgers is being vague about how many actually have Covid (unless I've missed something) and is grouping injured players with Covid to say 9/10 are unavailable.

The United one seems a bit generous from what we read but don't know the full details, however I've no doubt Leicester do not want to play because they've got so many centre-backs injured.

Edit: Just reported United had 19 players/staff test positive. Had to be called off really.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's seems to be injuries with Leicester though...missing 9 players. They don't say how many are covid.....if it's only 1 or 2 covid cases you can bring injuries into it ....we had podence n marcal with covid but we didn't start moaning Neto yerson , boly, Jonny, Jordao etc were out injured.....neves suspended against Burnley..did we ..

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So Spurs and Man Utd get permission from the league to call games off Leicester get refused. ****ing disgrace the people running our game.
Utter nonsense, as per usual with the conspiracy theorist victims. Leicester barely have any covid cases, mostly none covid injuries.

United literally had to close their training ground and couldn't train.

Burnley vs Watford called off. Yet more big club bias!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say all Boxing Day games are in doubt at the minute
I wouldn't say so, clubs will go into a bubble now, 10 days is the isolation period.

I do think it'll be reduced capacity.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs and United have like 300 players in their squads to pick from. I'm sure they could field a side

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no need for entire matchweeks to be called off just because certain clubs haven't managed to contain an outbreak.

Why should those clubs who are working very hard at and succeeding in preventing a squad outbreak have to contend later with a fixture pile-up as well?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Spurs and Man Utd get permission from the league to call games off Leicester get refused. ****ing disgrace the people running our game.

Spurs also asked for the Leicester game to be off so the point kind of goes straight out the window there. Not sure Burnley are part of the Big Club Elite either.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs also asked for the Leicester game to be off so the point kind of goes straight out the window there. Not sure Burnley are part of the Big Club Elite either.
Spurs only wanted it off so they could play their Rennes game. :rolleyes:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no need for entire matchweeks to be called off just because certain clubs haven't managed to contain an outbreak.

Why should those clubs who are working very hard at and succeeding in preventing a squad outbreak have to contend later with a fixture pile-up as well?

This. Postpone the ones affected if necessary. Let the rest crack on as normal.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Likelihood the season gets paused from today till at least Boxing Day.

Games are falling up and down the league, 3 in the championship and now league one is starting to get hit.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like a suspension for a few weeks may be necessary.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet my Wheatley Cup quarter final (Howden Clough FC) on Saturday against Littletown is going ahead because my players seem to be following the rule.
I though these Football clubs would have introduce the bubble system early given they are professionals, alas no use it as an excuse to have games called off to rest/recover players.

I agree with Klippy Klopp - Name these players and prove it, wouldn't be surprised if it's really half youth team and they are just not naming players with proof from Independent health visitor.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet there's millions across the country saying to themselves " thank **** for that !"

Watford matches have had loads of goals. The two teams with fewest goals in the league are us and Brighton! (could see why, other than that 15 minute spell we had).

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would say a 'firebreak' is neccessary. Its not a fair competition with some teams having bigger squads than others. `Wolves small squad policy would put us in a very precarious position if we had an outbreak. Also with the state of the nation and cases going up like crazy it just seems sensible to call a halt.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff/Derby and a few lower league games are off.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Radical suggestion, fit and healthy young professional athletes should maybe stop testing for the common cold every day and then stay at home if they feel unwell. Like they did every single Christmas period till 2020.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would say a 'firebreak' is neccessary. Its not a fair competition with some teams having bigger squads than others. `Wolves small squad policy would put us in a very precarious position if we had an outbreak. Also with the state of the nation and cases going up like crazy it just seems sensible to call a halt.
It’s also going to help the bigger clubs when they have to play 3 games a week to catch up on their games in hand

Back
Top Bottom