Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry Verdict

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8 hours later. Finally calming down.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has got plenty of credit this season, and rightly so but despite the injuries i think this defeat came about because of our tactics today so i think a fair bit of the blame should be on him. Lemina on the left is just ridiculous. Its not Neves at center half ridiculous, but its pretty bad.

I think sometimes we try to be to clever for our own good. Yes we have plenty of forwards out, but stick with basically what works. I know it would mean players out of position because of our lack of options up front, but the rest of the team shouldnt be moved around.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Tough to take today.
On the plus side it's fewer games for our squad and more focus on the league.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Cov don’t go up, I hope we’re all over that Haji Wright. Did very well today and the winner was his 15th of the season.
I thought he was pretty anonymous (bar a couple of crosses) until he scored.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm..... I'm sure that Pep and Klippetty never get things wrong on occasion.... Oh, wait....
Yes I’m reminded of all those games where Pep played Rodri left wing and those teams had 4xg against Champ opposition. But really the simpler argument is that GON is neither Pep or Klopp is he.

It is possible to be a decent tactician without being a tactical genius.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What annoyed me was we’d won the game (how I’m not sure) then we had the ball both before the equaliser (twice) and the 3rd. We didn’t ‘manage’ the game at that pin t and that cost us
We did it so well against Fulham last week. Surprised Ait Nouri didn't take it to the corner instead of shot we seemed to lose control after that.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got home from the Mol. Well RAN and Sa the better players but everyone else was off it. They played well and Simms is a premier league player dossing in the championship for a bit lol. I am too gutted to analyse anything other than that gut wrenching inability to think straight after seeing those 2 goals go in late on.

Ruined the weekend so bought loads of beer to sit and watch the evening game. FFS Wolves.

I thought Simms looked dreadful. Missed from a yard, bundled one in with his arm from half a yard

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has got plenty of credit this season, and rightly so but despite the injuries i think this defeat came about because of our tactics today so i think a fair bit of the blame should be on him. Lemina on the left is just ridiculous. Its not Neves at center half ridiculous, but its pretty bad.

I think sometimes we try to be to clever for our own good. Yes we have plenty of forwards out, but stick with basically what works. I know it would mean players out of position because of our lack of options up front, but the rest of the team shouldnt be moved around.
But we know you dislike GON Mug. That's fine, but let's be real here.

Today was ****e. There's no getting away from that. And some of that falls on Gary, just like the plaudits fall on him when we win. The problem today though surely is us having NOTHING up front.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we know you dislike GON Mug. That's fine, but let's be real here.

Today was ****e. There's no getting away from that. And some of that falls on Gary, just like the plaudits fall on him when we win. The problem today though surely is us having NOTHING up front.

What a load of bull****. Not rating him when he came here and not liking him are two different things. You idiots dont half make up some **** in your heads. I just have to shake my head sometimes.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of bull****. Not rating him when he came here and not liking him are two different things. You idiots dont half make up some **** in your heads. I just have to shake my head sometimes.
Calm down lad, ****ing hell! Shake your saft head then eh.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
Gutted, but Coventry were the better team over 90 minutes and deserved the win. Tbh the scoreline flattered us and it could have been a lot worse than 3-2, but it feels like a kick in the teeth because we threw away our lead with 4-5 minutes to go.

I hope this game sends a message to Shi and Fosun that we need reinforcements, the players look knackered. We should not be going into an FA Cup quarter final having to use an 18 year old academy player as our main striker.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calm down lad, ****ing hell! Shake your saft head then eh.
Dont talk such nonsense then. Deary me, i dont get how some of you people cant differentiate between not liking somebody and not rating somebody. I wasnt a fan of his appointment, but he's won me over, nothing wrong with being wrong and changing your mind.

Funny how when i make positive comments about him nobody brings up that i apparently hate him, but when he gets something wrong and we lose and i say i think he got something wrong i get this.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont talk such nonsense then. Deary me, i dont get how some of you people cant differentiate between not liking somebody and not rating somebody. I wasnt a fan of his appointment, but he's won me over, nothing wrong with being wrong and changing your mind.

Funny how when i make positive comments about him nobody brings up that i apparently hate him, but when he gets something wrong and we lose and i say i think he got something wrong i get this.
I think you're lumping me in with some other posters here? So you don't necessarily 'like' him (or didn't originally, which is is your perogative) but you now rate him. That's fine kidda, this shouldn't be some cult... the lad hasn't proven himself yet, he's merely shown he's not the dosser some had him down as at the start of the season.

I said you disliked GON. I thought that was a given tbh, given the general tone of your posts, as I'd understood them. But you've put me right. Fair enough lad... let's call it quits eh??

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The main player we missed was Dawson. No way he’d have let Simms bully him like he did Bueno. Dawson plays we win that game
Fair play Coventry and good luck at Wembley

Dawson was a big miss today. A number of Wolves players were poor defensively but Santi Bueno, in particular, won’t want to watch back any of those three goals.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s like if somebody gave you £500 but punched you in the face the next day, you’re not allowed to mention the punch in the face.

But really, you’re grateful for the £500 but annoyed about being punched in the face.

Actually this is too nuanced a scenario for many (@ Darvo eg) to assimilate.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had sneaked the win today, this forum would have been full of praise about how we battled to a win. With our star players out, and a small knackered squad, it just didnt work out. Get some perspective
Perspective? We should've lost that game 4 or 5. I think it's you that needs to get some perspective. Scoreline flattered us big time.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s like if somebody gave you £500 but punched you in the face the next day, you’re not allowed to mention the punch in the face.

But really, you’re grateful for the £500 but annoyed about being punched in the face.

That's a **** analogy. Actually, it's £500 for just having a dialogue, without any face punching.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell... I'm not sure that was all on Doc?! He was ****e but Jesus it was bad before that and after it wasn't all him?! Maybe not having an organised central defense and no 'out' had something to do with the ****ty performance?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How not to stop a cross by Nelson Semedo. Stay at least two yards from your opponent and dangle out the wrong leg.

View attachment 41227

Semedo is a dreadful defender, that hasn't changed. Dreadful in the final third as well, as we saw today when three yards from the keeper and failing to pass it to anyone or indeed shoot.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is no-one going to comment on the fact that they out sang us all game?

They've got their Sky Blue Song, bless em. But they've also got their Coventry homes song (in our Coventry homes, we speak with an accent exceeding rare etc...), and apparently some other good'uns.

Let's be honest here, we were ****e until we went one up. I think we forget we've got loads of songs??

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did it so well against Fulham last week. Surprised Ait Nouri didn't take it to the corner instead of shot we seemed to lose control after that.

I thought we were similarly bad in the first half against Fulham as we were today. We created nothing while Fulham missed a couple of sitters, too. And we were hanging on at the end, couldn't close the match out, all just like today.

Scraped through narrow wins against Sheff U as well, punished by Newcastle with their sharper finishers. This was not out of the blue, results always catch up with performances and we've not been performing well since Cunha's injury.

The warnings have been there.The injuries are unfortunate, but I think GON has to find a different way to play in the meantime as I'm not convinced by all this tinkering around. Defensive organisation has gone awry, midfield is too open because Lemina is up front. For weeks, we have been relying on opponents to miss the numerous chances we offer them and used up our luck.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is no-one going to comment on the fact that they out sang us all game?

They've got their Sky Blue Song, bless em. But they've also got their Coventry homes song (in our Coventry homes, we speak with an accent exceeding rare etc...), and apparently some other good'uns.

Let's be honest here, we were ****e until we went one up. I think we forget we've got loads of songs??
Football isn't about singing,it's about performance and scoring goals,once that happens the singing comes along as a by-product, the sooner people on here realise this the better.

Singing doesn't equal goals and results, what happens on the pitch does. We scored 2 goals today,then we really started singing,Coventry scored another 2 and then they started singing,see the correlation?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football isn't about singing,it's about performance and scoring goals,once that happens the singing comes along as a by-product, the sooner people on here realise this the better.

Singing doesn't equal goals and results, what happens on the pitch does. We scored 2 goals today,then we really started singing,Coventry scored another 2 and then they started singing,see the correlation?
I see it. But they were on it more than we were from the off. You're right, it's mostly a reactive thing in England, hence the face we were loud when we went ahead. But we could've been better when we weren't winning. Like I said before, we sang a few good songs but they out-sang us at 0-0.

We need to get back to singing some of the classics: come on you Wolves; we are wolves; oh when the wolves; and it's Wolverhampton etc.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok what I’m saying is that in that analogy Fosun are the providers of the money and punch, and we are the recipients.

The point I’m making is that whilst we are of course grateful for things they’ve done, particularly in the past, we should still be able to express our unhappiness with them when they are unreasonable.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think generating noise and support can have a very positive effect on performance and help intimidate the opposition too.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think generating noise and support can have a very positive effect on performance and help intimidate the opposition too.
I can understand the thinking behind that,but essentially noise and singing is aesthetic. I remember going to Old Trafford in 2003 and outsinging the home crowd,we lost 1-0. I remember the intimidating atmosphere we created against Crystal Palace in the play offs in 1997,we still lost on aggregate.

The truth of the matter is whilst singing and creating a good atmosphere is great,if the performance on the pitch isn't up to scratch then all the singing in the world won't make a scrap of difference.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had sneaked the win today, this forum would have been full of praise about how we battled to a win. With our star players out, and a small knackered squad, it just didnt work out. Get some perspective
I don't think it would. It would have been full of people grateful we'd progressed after being so comprehensively outplayed and talking about luck being needed to win the cup

When you've got out of jail and are ahead in the 96th minute, there's no perspective to get from losing the game from that position and it doesn't matter that we had no fit forwards. You dig in and you see out the final few minutes, there are no excuses for how abysmally we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory

Stingray II

Reaction score
A terrible disappointment. Rightly, we should all be hurt. I understand that the vast majority of us will be angry and throwing around insults and unfair criticism. That's human nature. The wound will heal and we'll forget the silly, but expected, things that we say in these threads at these times.
We have a young, inexperienced manager with great potential, who is learning. I doubt that he'll ever forget today's lesson. I hope, and suspect, he'll achieve the levels that the media and many fans believe he already has achieved (he hasn't yet, please don't set him up for a fall). I hope we all stick with him during the bad run(s) of form that will happen.

Remember that Championship team "Wolves" who knocked Klopp's Liverpool out of the FA cup in 2017. Upsets happen. This was not a "Watford". I was able to watch back the highlights of the Coventry game. I have never, and never will, re-watch "Watford".

Let's lick our wounds and remember where we were last August and where we thought we would be on St. Patrick's day 2024..

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I honestly dont care if people pull me up about about not wanting GON and getting it wrong about him. Thats fair game. Its the rubbish about me hating him that annoys me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We only have ourselves to blame. Let the occasion get to us

Kilman cacked his pants with a few others.

The highlights show really poor goals to concede. Looks like we was second best for most of it

No Dawson no leadership on that pitch. Lemina can’t do it all

Big summer rebuild ahead

Back
Top Bottom