Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6117.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

How are we all feeling? Excited? Nervous? Both?

Say it every time but today really is a big game. A huge opportunity to turn what’s been an unexpectedly good season into a truly memorable one.

I think you have to pay massive respect to Coventry. Any Championship side that gets this far have done well, and as others have said they were a missed penalty away from being in the Premier League last season. This game today will absolutely not be easy.

I like Gary’s mind games, keeping the opponents guessing. My gut feeling is that of the injured players we may only see Cunha in the squad. I’d be going as strong as possible. No game for two weeks after this so empty the tanks lads!

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina Doyle Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Fraser

Bentley, Doherty, Santi, Bueno, Traore, Mini Lemina, Chirewa, Cunha, Chiwome.

That team is strong enough to win the game, even with not too many options on the bench.

It’s all down to attitude, if we’re focused and determined, match Coventry for energy levels and workrate, then we have the talent to get over the line.

It should be an absolute cracker. And everyone inside the ground has a job to do. Get in early to make a racket, and be the players’ lungs. When they’re tired, lift them, when they need energy, give it them. We can do this, together.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get into the semi-final lads!

COYW!

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Be inclined to play Santi. After all, he's done nothing wrong. Can only see one result today. A nervy but narrow win.

Last edited:

SuziQ

Reaction score
Haven't been this excited for a game in a while, Christ knows what I'll be like if we do win and I get to go to Wembley!

Think it'll be 2-1 Wolves.

Last edited:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Difficult game can't be underestimated a decent side with a very good manager, if we play our game we win.

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Every win in the Cup brings about the chance of a bigger disappointment ahead, so the main thing is to enjoy each game as much as you can on the way. We know the lads on the pitch will be giving their all, so let's make sure we do the same in the stands.

Last edited:

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It just shows what the FA Cup can do, from the sounds of things my local (still in business) will be very busy at lunchtime making it essential that I am there as soon as it opens .... to get a decent place to sit. A long time since that was the case on a Saturday. However, no bets on the game today, no need to make gifts to the bookies. COYW :D

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe Dawson is injured anyway, I am extremely nervous, I've had bout 3 hours sleep, could not drop off at all, Wolves what are you doing to me, Come on me babbies
Same - not had this much nervous anticipation before a match for a few years now.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think you have to pay massive respect to Coventry. Any Championship side that gets this far have done well, and as others have said they were a missed penalty away from being in the Premier League last season. This game today will absolutely not be easy.
I think it will be very difficult for us today because Coventry are a good side. Even though they're a Championship side I don't think they have had do much to get this far though. They have had probably one of the the easiest set of FA Cup draws

3rd Round - Oxford United
4th Round - Sheffield Wednesday
5th Round - Maidstone

Still, you can only beat who is in front of you and the are in very good form in the league and seem to score a lot of goals. Sometimes I have no idea how we are going to start a game, especially at home. As long as we don't concede early, as we often do, I think we'll be okay. Really interested to see the team and who is and isn't fit.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Wolves!!

We have to be careful O’Hare, Wright & Simms are their key players and can make things happen.

Up to us to take the game to them. The atmosphere rocking will be the extra man for us.

Let’s make some more history!!

Up The Wolves!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we take the chances that will inevitably come we will be fine
Just hope its not one of those days where we miss everything or their keeper has a worldy day
Ofc they will score and its how we respond to that when it happens
This team usually find a way though so ill stick with a 2-1 win today

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Proper backing the boys today, this site gets me extra raring to go for matches! Nervous but excited about what a good result could mean for our club.

2-1 to us, seems a popular score, COYW!

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
I think it will be very difficult for us today because Coventry are a good side. Even though they're a Championship side I don't think they have had do much to get this far though. They have had probably one of the the easiest set of FA Cup draws

3rd Round - Oxford United
4th Round - Sheffield Wednesday
5th Round - Maidstone

Still, you can only beat who is in front of you and the are in very good form in the league and seem to score a lot of goals. Sometimes I have no idea how we are going to start a game, especially at home. As long as we don't concede early, as we often do, I think we'll be okay. Really interested to see the team and who is and isn't fit.
Hard to think anyone has ever even got an easier draw than that to get to the QF's of the FA cup?
(Obviously there is... but not many I gather)

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With my best Parkrun since August 19th clocked, I am ready and raring to go for what will be a great FA Cup tie.

Only this competition can produce such opportunities like this one and knowing the quality of the side, I hope it’s one we take.

Coventry will be tricky customers, with them again around the Play-Offs and with them having dispatched of their Cup opponents so far.

Hope all enjoy the game and soak up the buzz of what could be another special afternoon.

Come On Mi Babbies!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me babbies, an opportunity to correct the mistakes from our last trip to Wembley. Right a few wrongs and all that.

Yep, this is a new team of heroes representing the old gold n black , on the pitch, in the stands let's show the nation what we're about.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
With my best Parkrun since August 19th clocked, I am ready and raring to go for what will be a great FA Cup tie.

Only this competition can produce such opportunities like this one and knowing the quality of the side, I hope it’s one we take.

Coventry will be tricky customers, with them again around the Play-Offs and with them having dispatched of their Cup opponents so far.

Hope all enjoy the game and soak up the buzz of what could be another special afternoon.

Come On Mi Babbies!
Lovely post mate, hope you and everyone else on MM enjoys the match today! There aren't many things in life that are more special than the magic of this Cup!

My whole street will know if we win this one!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t hold with the theory that the Sky Blues have had an easy run to the quarter finals. Every game in the cup has the potential for an upset. They are here on merit.

Quite simply, play as we can and we will win, but of course Wolves don’t do things the easy way. It will be tough, but I think we will win 2 - 0.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really nervous. Will be great if we can get to the Semi Finals. Good luck lads and have a great time all that are going. Will be cheering the lads on in Devon.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really nervous. Will be great if we can get to the Semi Finals. Good luck lads and have a great time all that are going. Will be cheering the lads on in Devon.

I will be cheering the team on from sunny Leicestershire. Knowing Wolves I will spend the last 10 minutes turning into a nervous wreck. :)

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on the boys. What a huge opportunity. Very nervous with our injuries but hopefully we can get over the line.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will have to keep an eye on Haji Wright and Ellis Simms - both strikers who like Gyokeres look like they may fulfil their early potential at Coventry and are in good form. Nakamoto a huge loss for them though

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope today the players (and the fans) recognise that we're playing a good side and give them the respect they deserve. Coventry have picked up more points in their last 15 games than Leicester.

Be loud, be proud, and stay patient. Back the lads for 90 minutes like we did in the last 20 minutes of that Brighton game. I fear it's a much tougher game than many are expecting, and that'll play into the hands of Coventry if the fans start to turn against the boys early if we start poorly.

Our entire starting front three is out injured, this is going to take an inspired performance to get to Wembley again.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if anyone thinks a home tie against Coventry is more difficult than an away tie against baggies then I am surprised
Without the crowd disruption we would have scored more, only fly in the ointment is our injuries but still feel it’s in the bag

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if anyone thinks a home tie against Coventry is more difficult than an away tie against baggies then I am surprised
Without the crowd disruption we would have scored more, only fly in the ointment is our injuries but still feel it’s in the bag
If only it was as easy as that....

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like your optimism, but hope the players don't share that "in the bag" mentality, otherwise it will go tits up !

Back
Top Bottom