Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Could you ever welcome Davies back to Wolves?

Would you, could you, welcome Davies back to Wolves?

• Yes

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • No way

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Not too sure

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I want to put this Davies thing to rest but I just want to know how people feel about the idea of the prodigal son returning! Say we get into the Premier League and we've got an option on buying him back when he leaves Bolton. Who would be happy to see him play for Wolves again?

M

markb

We don't know why he went. As things stand if he was the player we needed I'd have him back.

C

cooper_J

No, he buggered off because we weren't in the Premiership and couldn't be bothered to put the work in to get there - so jumped ship the first chance he got.

He had the opportunity to help the team 'he supports' achieve something special and would rather swap that for a quick buck and a relegation battle. Not the attitude that I would like any player at the club to have.

H

Hatch End Wolf

He's a class above anyone in our midfield. I'm a Big Mick fan but he drove Davies away from the club because he ( presumably ) didn't regard him as ready to play for our first team.

Now it's just possible that Davies has a secret injury, only known to Wolves doctors and we've pulled a fast one over ****ing Bolton.
Otherwise, dress it up how you like, it's a bad decision.

C

cooper_J

It's all speculation as to why he really went!

Well, it wasn't to live somwhere prettier that's for sure.

It also wasn't to join a team who play good football.

It wasn't to join a team who will challenge for honours.

Edit: In fairness to Davies (and I say this having been really irritated by the way he behaved after we'd paid his wages for two bloody years while he got fit) he did start yesterday - would he have started for us? Doubtful.

I certainly didn't expect him to (and didn't realise that he would) go straight into the team at Bolton. To be honest, perhaps that does vindicate his decision somewhat.

He's still a $$$$ for shafting us by buggering off the second he got fit mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rocky_Balllboa

I'd support him if he ever played for England but do not want him back at Wolves

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems to me that had he stayed Davies would have gone back on loan again. Davies is well aware of his ability and to his credit he is now playing PL football, and maybe the move to Bolton was just seen as a stepping stone? Nobody knows what was discussed between him and Wolves! I'm a fan of Mick too, but i'm not too sure that under another manager Davies might just have stayed.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Based purely on my opinion as to what happened and I don't seem to have the facts that Hatch has at his disposal for instance, I wouldn't want him back

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don't know why he went. As things stand if he was the player we needed I'd have him back.

Could be right - but then again it might be pertinant. We wanted to keep the Rat but he came straight out and said that he didn't want to bury himself in the Championship etc etc. That gave us all a viewpoint from which to base our "opinions" of him. We didn't like it one bit but you could at least say he was being honest.

Now I wasn't intending to make any comparism between MD to the Rat and I'm sure I have no right to know exactly why MD wanted to leave - but I sure as hell would LIKE to know.
From the horse's mouth.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Remember Davies could have stayed until the summer and walked away for much less than we got for him, and pocketed himself a few quid too!

R

reanswolf

I know everyone rates him very highly, I still have my reservations. I have no doubt about his footballing brain and vision that is undoubtedly premiership class, but I still think he has serious flaws to his game....but he may be more suited to the Premiership game where he is allowed a little more space. I know he has started off well, lets see how well he is doing in a month or two (I may be eating my words).

His claims to be a Wolves fan were obviously untrue, but in a way as a professional he needed that fresh start elsewhere. Of course premiership wages too!

Reaction score
If we were ever in a position to resign Davies we could just get someone just as good who hadn't $$$$ed over the club in the past.

W

wolvesman

Remember Davies could have stayed until the summer and walked away for much less than we got for him, and pocketed himself a few quid too!

Exactly..his lobby fans appear to overlooked this.
I think MM wouldn't have minded him staying, but others at the club had marked his card for an exit for various reasons. His request for a transfer made it easy for them. We will have a big sell on clause so.. ta Jez. Best deal possible under the circumstances for the table toppers.
Joining BWFC makes it easier to pump up the noise when we meet Davies again.

H

Hatch End Wolf

Whatever Davies' faults he would have added a new dimension to our play.
If we go up we will have to buy someone like him, at a price considerably higher than the money we got from ****ing Bolton. Our present midfield does not impress, even in the Championship. In the Premiership they would be an embarassment.

U

UNCLE REMUS

How can we welcome him back, he was hardly ever here.

From my point of view ,injuries or no injuries, he let himself down badly (alledgedly), the club looked after him while he was injured, we put him on loan to get his fitness back, we offered him a new three and a half year contract.He's gone.

Will reserve my opinion for after ten games and see what happens when he's found out by oposition players.

Still wish him the best of luck

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll happily join in the boos. Deserves no respect from wolves fans.

H

haden-wolf

Hopefully if Davies is worthy of the adoration he had from merse and shearer it will only be a matter of time before he leaves NOTLOB for Citeh for mad money and we can spend his sell on clause on somebody who want's to be at wolves and is not injured for years on end.
Good player but gone, will support him in an england shirt but it's time to forget about him now

D

Davebull

I have already forgotten about a player who in reality played a hand full of mediocre at best games in our midfield.

Anyone would think we were losing Keane or Lescott.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Whatever people think the club wanted to keep him. We put him out on loan to get him match experience at a lower level following injury, not to put him in the shop window. As soon as the chance came he left; and for Notlob ffs. Doesn't deserve anything from Wolves fans and other than I hope we have got a good sell on clause (which I'm sure we will) I have no further interest.

B

Burlton Wolf

oh no not another davies thread ;)

Mick was trying to do the right thing IMO by sending him out on loan to get match fit, but obviously this worked against him as his performances caught the eye of other clubs and his head got turned, whether it was just a call from Chris evans (not the dj) at bolton....or things we will never know about, so in hindsight should mick have kept him in the reserves to get fit? - no I dont think so, its history now......time to move on surely??!

M

Mugwump

I`d have him back like a shot personally. He hasnt actually done anything wrong like the rat did. He hasnt bagged anyone although he hasnt said anything nice either.

A

Anglian Wolf

He went because Chris Evans got to him and his Dad. His relationship with davies and his family was bound to stronger.

I personally feel bitter towards both Davies and Evans. This is poor reward to the club that nurtured and developed him and then stood by him during two years of injury.

Of course, he had to go out on loan and regain his match fitness and sharpness after so long out. He was never going to be allowed to do that in our first team given the pressures we are under this year to stay in front. Just at the point where he becomes likely to be eligible for a return he skips off and dances around in a Bolton shirt.

What worries me is that Gleeson is likely to be next because I recall a conversation with Evans during which he reckoned Gleeson would finish up being the best of the lot of our academy crop.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

If he comes back with any other team, then I will neither boo nor cheer him. He contributed about as much to the club as Dariusz Kubicki, Jamie Clapham or Ivar Ingimarsson, so deserves a similar level of apathy.

However, if he comes back wearing a Bolton shirt I will feel inclined to try and boo him out of the stadium, along with every other Bolton player, staff member, fan and mascot.

E

Edgmond Wolf

if he comes back with any other team, then i will neither boo nor cheer him. He contributed about as much to the club as dariusz kubicki, jamie clapham or ivar ingimarsson, so deserves a similar level of apathy.

However, if he comes back wearing a bolton shirt i will feel inclined to try and boo him out of the stadium, along with every other bolton player, staff member, fan and mascot.

:d:d

A

Atlas 1951

Due to the sell-on clause, we'd get a thirty-percent discount, wouldn't we? A decent bit of business if both he and Wolves realize their potential.

Reaction score
Due to the sell-on clause, we'd get a thirty-percent discount, wouldn't we? A decent bit of business if both he and Wolves realize their potential.

True. Or we could offer more, but still pay the same as everyone else effectively, meaning Bolton would only accept our offer (as happened with Sharp).

So say everyone offers 10mill and he has a 20% sell on. I dunno if this is exactly right, but we could offer 12mill, but due to the sell on clause we only pay 10mill. Bolton then have many 10mill offers and our 12mill, so what do they accept. EXACTLY.

Not that this will ever happen IMO!

B

Burlton Wolf

i think everyone is jumping the gun expecting this large wad of cash from the sell on clause, is he really THAT good? - he had a good first game for bolton granted, but it seems everyone is trying to make themselves feel better about the situation by harping on about making money on his future transfer!! ;):p

A

Atlas 1951

i think everyone is jumping the gun expecting this large wad of cash from the sell on clause, is he really THAT good? - he had a good first game for bolton granted, but it seems everyone is trying to make themselves feel better about the situation by harping on about making money on his future transfer!! ;):p

That is precisely what the sell-on clause is for!

B

Burlton Wolf

Yes, it covers the club, but some people are already counting the cash!! :D

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's the option 'Not really bothered'?

In my opinion, whenever i saw him play for Wolves he looked like a young lad with potential but not Maradona'esque as I've seen on this site somewhere.
A lot of promising players at Wolves either get injured or lose motivation and Davies will be logged as just another one of them 'let downs'. For that reason, I really couldnt give a monkey's.

W

WaltonOnTheHillWolf

No...

The club stood by him for 2 years while he was injured...

As soon as he could he $$$$ed off - $$$$ him - spiteful little $$$$$...

A

Atlas 1951

Yes, it covers the club, but some people are already counting the cash!! :D

The point is, if he doesn't make it, nobody will be bothered about him anyway. If he does, we'll get a hefty softener. It's a win-win, unless he becomes an England star and insists on staying loyal to Bolton, like Nat Lofthouse!:D

Talking of ex players...... word has it that our Robbie is down at Spurs today !

S

Sharples

yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes. Left to play football cos our management was stupid.

K

Kenny-11

Talking of ex players...... word has it that our Robbie is down at Spurs today !

Not in the squad for the Liverpool today.

Strange way to deal with a £20m player. In and out of the team, when he does play, subbed around the 60-70 min mark. Rumours that Benitaz didn't want him but the owners signed him.

B

Burlton Wolf

yes the keane situation is odd, it was being discussed on the radio the other day and it seems the owners wanted keane and bought him when rafa couldnt sign barry from villa, its all very strange......

Back
Top Bottom