Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Could Nuno come back?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, West Ham fans would riot because he isn't Guardiola. As for Nuno, it was during his era that I fell in love with this club but we should let the past be as it is.

I think GON should and will get a new deal. Deserves a pay rise and a good transfer budget this summer for what he has done. He's got me dreaming of a Conference or Europa League run in the next few seasons.

I dont think he should get a new deal. I'd be the same if it was a player. We shouldnt jump the gun based on one season, wait and see how we get on next season, if its looking promising by January, give him the upgrade.

I know i'll get the usual suspects giving me greif over this, but at the moment, he's getting us in the position we should be in. We are a mid table team that will finish mid table. What he has done and should be given credit for is doing that in a really entertaining way which shouldnt be underestimated. I still say though while he has exceeded my expectations of him, the team itself hasnt exceeded my expectations. We are where i thought we would be under JL.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I dont think he should get a new deal. I'd be the same if it was a player. We shouldnt jump the gun based on one season, wait and see how we get on next season, if its looking promising by January, give him the upgrade.

I know i'll get the usual suspects giving me greif over this, but at the moment, he's getting us in the position we should be in. We are a mid table team that will finish mid table. What he has done and should be given credit for is doing that in a really entertaining way which shouldnt be underestimated. I still say though while he has exceeded my expectations of him, the team itself hasnt exceeded my expectations. We are where i thought we would be under JL.
Fair and level headed take, certainly no grief from me on this! Fair play mate, I like the January angle.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like getting back with an ex girlfriend. It never works out well.

I also hope O’Neil is here for a long time to come. He’s been absolutely brilliant for us so far and I think he could genuinely go on to achieve something very special and bigger than what Nuno did with us, if he’s given time and the required financial backing.
Particularly when you've seen them shamelessly flaunting their new partner in public as if you never existed.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Particularly when you've seen them shamelessly flaunting their new partner in public as if you never existed.
Agreed. When he was with us, he acted like we were special and it felt like it. He has since prostitutes himself to Spurs and a grotty club in Nottingham. It would be like taking a gorgeous girl back after you know she's turned into the town bike....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Agreed. When he was with us, he acted like we were special and it felt like it. He has since prostitutes himself to Spurs and a grotty club in Nottingham. It would be like taking a gorgeous girl back after you know she's turned into the town bike....
Not to mention Saudi :)

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno. If you asked me the biggest Wolves legend in my lifetime (I’m 38), I’d say him.

But I think that moment has been and gone. I wouldn’t be at all disappointed if for any reason he became our manager again, I just can’t see it.

Now I can see Neves making a return…….. one day.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I hope O Neill stays, but if he leaves I'd love it if he came back and had many years of success with us. I still believe in the romance of sport, and that some people and some clubs are meant for each other! Steve Bull, Billy Wright, Stan Cullis, Reuben Neves......and the one, the only, Nuno Espirito Santo.......come back with the dream, the theme, the team....take us into Europe.....

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If West Ham come sniffing GON will be gone
I've already said this Summer is massive. Hopefully Fosun pull their fingers out and back their man, but if Gary ends up in the -2 / +2 region to his senior squad size (and still no striker), I can see him agitating to leave - especially if Moyes gets the heave-ho. If the worst does happen and the ownership contrives to drive out two successive managers in the space of a calendar year over transfer funds, then I think we will come to be regarded from the outside as a bit of a basket case club. It may have to be Nuno in that case - or some obscure pick on the cheap.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno like he’s my dad (sorry dad) but the way he plays football is only great, with the right players. Otherwise, it will always end up being square pegs/round holes and becomes a turgid, immobile, defend for 88 minutes, mess.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno like he’s my dad (sorry dad) but the way he plays football is only great, with the right players. Otherwise, it will always end up being square pegs/round holes and becomes a turgid, immobile, defend for 88 minutes, mess.
Like they was against us the other week then? For all that money they spent they was awful and sloppy

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies but there is no point to this thread - all conjecture and Nuno's return has been discussed many times before
'All conjecture' - as opposed to all the other threads on here?

I give you 4,000 pages on Stadium Plans, when there is no, and never had been, a stadium plan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom