Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Could Nuno come back?

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m loving Gary O’neil and I hope he signs a new contract but I’ve got this terrible feeling that Moyes will leave West Ham and GON will be top of their list. If that were to be the case and Nuno got the bullet at Forest would we be happy to have him back?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love what Nuno achieved whilst here but doubt he'd consider working under Jeff again, move on.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty sure GON put rumours about him leaving, Man Utd coaching role etc to bed a few weeks ago.
I personally wouldn’t want Nuno back in the highly unlikely scenario GON leaves. What he achieved in his first 3 seasons was legendary but we were going backwards in the 2020/21 season and I still feel the decision to part ways was right. It was the daft appointment of Lage that was wrong.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories but no. Going back to a club rarely works. Plus it’s an almost entirely different squad and staff.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like getting back with an ex girlfriend. It never works out well.

I also hope O’Neil is here for a long time to come. He’s been absolutely brilliant for us so far and I think he could genuinely go on to achieve something very special and bigger than what Nuno did with us, if he’s given time and the required financial backing.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
No to Nuno. Since he has left us he has been a shell. Also, the way he celebrated scoring against us last week irked me.

GON and West Ham, could be possible but if I were a manager, I would look at how their fans have treated Moyes and properly be put off by it.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way. They were golden memories with a golden team (not just Nuno).

GON deserves all the credit and love from us as he has deserved this. West Ham is a poisoned chalice of a job as their fans think they are bigger than what they are. They always appoint managers, and buy players, who were in their prime about ten years ago anyway.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With due respect, your thread starting does not result in positive outcomes. Personally I want GON to have a pre-season and a transfer window without the handbrake on full as I think we could end up with something special.

I don’t need threads started by people who have a record of jinx what they are commenting on.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apologies but there is no point to this thread - all conjecture and Nuno's return has been discussed many times before
It is all conjecture but surely that’s what forums are about? The what’s ifs? It’s only a forum for gods sake!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact nearly every Forest fan wants him sacked would suggest he’s not good enough for where we currently are or where we aim to be

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Gazza O’Neil goes I’d love Nuno back here

Nuno had a dream once more

stevev53

Reaction score
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m loving Gary O’neil and I hope he signs a new contract but I’ve got this terrible feeling that Moyes will leave West Ham and GON will be top of their list. If that were to be the case and Nuno got the bullet at Forest would we be happy to have him back?
No

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno hardly set the world alight since leaving either - failed at Spurs, won the league in Saudi but then sacked the year after and now struggling at Forest.

Don't think he'll ever have it as good as he did here.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s completely lost his mojo looks a shadow of himself these days
Covid took a massive amount from him psychologically like it did so many people!

Love what he did for us, the struggles of the last season don’t reflect the magic and connection to the club he gave back to so many.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was speaking to a forest fan a few weeks ago he seems convinced that Nuno regardless of the division will be leaving the end of the season.

I don't think he should come back, GON needs the same backing Nuno had, plus why risk his legacy here, I love Nuno best manager we've had in a generation but it rarely works out coming back, I do feel GON could really build this team and achieve a similar status.

I don't think many of us warmed to Lopetegui and Lage but GON seems to have built that relationship with the fans in a way Nuno did.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s currently managing a very poor Nottingham Forest and he’s done nothing to improve them since he arrived.

Nuno’s career has hit the skids since he left us and if he gets the bullet at Forest (which may well happen) he will struggle to get a top job again in England imo.

I’ll just says thanks for all the memories, Nuno, and you are welcome back at Molineux anytime, but not as a manager/head coach. We already have a very good one in GON and we have to back him and keep him.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not if gaz goes it’s going to be hard to find someone to fit our 3 at the back system
Nuno should have had a Plan B, but struggled without one, with us in the end.

He also had the Mendes help with some top signings, but his influence is disappearing and Matt Hobbs is the main man now. How would Nuno get on with Matt? How would Matt get on with Nuno?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but think he did well with what he had, especially post-Lage debacle.

Easy to forget just how much of a clown Lage was.
Lage almost had us 5/6th spot in the league at one point then it all went wrong after losing away to arsenal late on. Yeah he wasn’t great all fell apart when we cut out Coady and tried to play differently. Yet here we are still with the same back 3 formation to this day…

I think Lage always was a short fix. Football played in those first 3 games was unreal though, even though we lost. We played spurs and united off the pitch at Molineux how we didn’t score anyones guess.

Thing is he wanted more players so did Nuno so did JL and now so does Gaz. So owners are to blame. We’ve sold every manager short of what they want

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage almost had us 5/6th spot in the league at one point then it all went wrong after losing away to arsenal late on. Yeah he wasn’t great all fell apart when we cut out Coady and tried to play differently. Yet here we are still with the same back 3 formation to this day…

I think Lage always was a short fix. Football played in those first 3 games was unreal though, even though we lost. We played spurs and united off the pitch at Molineux how we didn’t score anyones guess.

Thing is he wanted more players so did Nuno so did JL and now so does Gaz. So owners are to blame. We’ve sold every manager short of what they want
Agree re ownership and Shi, they've sold 3 coaches short now.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree re ownership and Shi, they've sold 3 coaches short now.
Where could we be if they actually backed a manager. Like they did with Nuno first season up? Top 6 maybe who knows

Fosun have done well here but they could of done so much better. Really frustrating for them and us

That first window in the PL was out of this world. If Mendes could pull us any players like that again then he’s worth having around

Even though we may lose some players this summer. I’m really hopeful we can pull off a special window

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
No, West Ham fans would riot because he isn't Guardiola. As for Nuno, it was during his era that I fell in love with this club but we should let the past be as it is.

I think GON should and will get a new deal. Deserves a pay rise and a good transfer budget this summer for what he has done. He's got me dreaming of a Conference or Europa League run in the next few seasons.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If West Ham come sniffing GON will be gone

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno to bits but i would say no to him coming back. I'm still of the opinion he fell out of love with football after Rauls injury and Covid. The spark went from him and i dont think anything is getting it back tbh.

Back
Top Bottom