Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Could Leicester blow it? Aka the Championship run in

Rowzed

Reaction score
The Championship is amazing, they’ve been so far ahead
12 games to go 6 points clear…and they’ve lost the last two
40:1 on to be promoted

Half hoping it will happen, and they have form for beating all the odds
though I don’t want Leeds coming up

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance,

They should have won last night and squandered chances.

Plus they've got Coady waiting in the wings should a steady hand need to steer the ship.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Not a chance,

They should have won last night and squandered chances.

Plus they've got Coady waiting in the wings should a steady hand need to steer the ship.

I think in the champ if there’s 10 games left almost anything can happen. Not having Coady in the starting 11 maybe the mistake that costs them

Reaction score
I think they have enough to still win the league.

They were easily the better side last night and would have won comfortably if taking the relatively simply chances and, of course, being denied by a clear mistake by the officials.

Think Leeds will go up with them but I just hope one of the others can beat The S**t in the play-offs!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saints wobbling, Leicester wobbling. Leeds are on a massive roll of good results with nine league wins on the spin.

Looks like Leeds will win the title with Leicester second, if momentum is your measuring stick. It looked like Leicester might beat Reading's points haul only a few weeks ago. Saints were looking really good but now look shaky. Ipswich looked like going straight up, had a big wobble, are back on the up again.

Point being that they all are capable of putting a great run together and are all capable of stumbling. It's the most entertaining Championship promotion race for a good while.

If I was to predict the finishing positions:

Leicester
Ipswich
Leeds
Saints
West Brom
Preston

Saints to beat West Brom
Preston to beat Leeds

Preston to beat Saints at Wembley.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Saints wobbling, Leicester wobbling. Leeds are on a massive roll of good results with nine league wins on the spin.

Looks like Leeds will win the title with Leicester second, if momentum is your measuring stick. It looked like Leicester might beat Reading's points haul only a few weeks ago. Saints were looking really good but now look shaky. Ipswich looked like going straight up, had a big wobble, are back on the up again.

Point being that they all are capable of putting a great run together and are all capable of stumbling. It's the most entertaining Championship promotion race for a good while.

Leicester
Ipswich
Leeds
Saints
West Brom
Preston

Saints to beat West Brom
Preston to beat Leeds

It will go to the last weekend, there’s a tasty home game for Leeds against Saints, looks less tasty now than it did a fortnight ago but I think Saints will gather momentum again.

I can remember well that awful feeling of it slipping away in the season we blew a bigger advantage than Leicester have right now. Which is why I think this will be an amazing finish. There’s is so much to play for with a maximum 36 points still available to any team that can get that magic momentum

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leicester
Ipswich
Leeds
Saints
West Brom
Preston

Saints to beat West Brom
Preston to beat Leeds

I think your predictions are based on hope as much as anything else.
I see Leicester & leeds promoted automatically with Saints promoted through the PO lottery.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were robbed last night, where’s the outcry? That the other way around the Leeds lovers are shouting about it!

Still the best team in the championship by a mile but let’s not forget referees are awfu in the championship

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Live in Loughborough so it’s all Lesta and ManUre fans around here.

I hope they go up as it’s good to have as many Midlands teams in the top division as possible (maybe not Stoke!) but the kind of form they were showing was always going to be difficult over 46 games.

I reckon it’s a blip. Even we had it when we came up with Nuno. For instance when we drew at home to QPR l’m pretty sure people thought we had not only blown the title but were going to get relegated as well.

So l think they will win the title . They might not make 100 points though, which is a really tough achievement

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leicester
Ipswich
Leeds
Saints
West Brom
Preston

Saints to beat West Brom
Preston to beat Leeds

You need to put a quid on that mate. If that’s how the **** cakes roll and you haven’t, you’ll be kicking yourself for the next 30 years…
I still remember not buying £2k of Bitcoin when it was £48…and my wife will NEVER forget. She wanted to and I said it was a load of *******s. :sob:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looked like Leicester might beat Reading's points haul only a few weeks ago.
Crazy how this side probably won't do that.

It's not the ideal time to have a wobble though with 5 games in the next two and a bit weeks, including Hull and Southampton back to back, but they've got some serious experience in that squad to match the talent and I just can't see that not shining through in the end.

It's been remarkable from Ipswich though to keep pace with Leicester and Leeds but I can see them, unfortunately, being the ones who come third and end up feeling pretty gutted entering the play offs.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Championship is amazing, they’ve been so far ahead
12 games to go 6 points clear…and they’ve lost the last two
40:1 on to be promoted

Half hoping it will happen, and they have form for beating all the odds
though I don’t want Leeds coming up
It won’t happen, Leicester will win the league IMO

SEAwolves

Reaction score
Starting the B team in the cup today so assume Maresca still has his eyes on the league

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Freak result against Leeds, were by far the better team but just 1 of those where it went a bit crazy. I'd be shocked if they don't win the league by 10+ points

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The choke of all time is now a distinct possibility. It’ll be far worse than ours if it happens as they will have blown both automatic spots, at least we only blew the one.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They lost 1-2 to Queens Park Rangers at home this afternoon and are now only 5 points clear of 3rd placed Leeds United who got a 1-1 draw away at Huddersfield Town and 2 points ahead of 2nd place Ipswich Town who won 0-2 away at Plymouth Argyle to jump back into the Automatic Promotion places.

Enzo Marseca’s side are in some danger of blowing it!

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They lost 1-2 to Queens Park Rangers at home this afternoon and are now only 5 points clear of 3rd placed Leeds United who got a 1-1 draw away at Huddersfield Town and 2 points ahead of 2nd place Ipswich Town who won 0-2 away at Plymouth Argyle to jump back into the Automatic Promotion places.

Enjoy Marseca’s side are in some danger of blowing it!
Would be quite funny

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Enjoy Marseca’s side are in some danger of blowing it!

It is certainly getting tight at the top. From coasting towards promotion, they must now be a little nervy. They can’t afford many more slip ups, as Leeds United and Ipswich Town are waiting to take advantage if they do.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Live in Loughborough so it’s all Lesta and ManUre fans around here.

I hope they go up as it’s good to have as many Midlands teams in the top division as possible (maybe not Stoke!) but the kind of form they were showing was always going to be difficult over 46 games.

I reckon it’s a blip. Even we had it when we came up with Nuno. For instance when we drew at home to QPR l’m pretty sure people thought we had not only blown the title but were going to get relegated as well.

So l think they will win the title . They might not make 100 points though, which is a really tough achievement
Never understood the idea of "it's good to have as many Midlands teams in the top divison.." Why? Let em rot in the Champ and lower- far better bragging rights.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The choke of all time is now a distinct possibility. It’ll be far worse than ours if it happens as they will have blown both automatic spots, at least we only blew the one.
Although we did blow our auto spot to our most hated rivals so we’ve still got that over them!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never understood the idea of "it's good to have as many Midlands teams in the top divison.." Why? Let em rot in the Champ and lower- far better bragging rights.
It’s better than having London / northern teams no?

It’s more fun and easier to get to playing local teams.

Each to their own though

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently were going to break the points record.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunderland & Hull away next and they've just lost 3 on the bounce.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We get a 1 million bonus for coady if they go up. That 1 million could fund a top under 23.
Or be put towards a number signing on fee for a free transfer...

I know it's not real but when playing FIFA or Football Manager I'd always look at what free transfers were available before dropping multi millions in strengthening the squad...

It's an avenue that's barely been explored in the Fosun era, which is stupid in my opinion.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although we did blow our auto spot to our most hated rivals so we’ve still got that over them!

If by some miracle Coventry were to get promoted and Leicester failed, wouldn't be far off. Though as we saw recently, the hatred that Albion have for us must be one of the highest in UK football.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or be put towards a number signing on fee for a free transfer...

I know it's not real but when playing FIFA or Football Manager I'd always look at what free transfers were available before dropping multi millions in strengthening the squad...

It's an avenue that's barely been explored in the Fosun era, which is stupid in my opinion.
Free transfers are rarely "free". If the players are in demand they want a signing on fee and/or higher wages, a longer contract etc. See Doc's three year deal for example....

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If by some miracle Coventry were to get promoted and Leicester failed, wouldn't be far off. Though as we saw recently, the hatred that Albion have for us must be one of the highest in UK football.
True that. I worked with a Leicester fan who said that who the Fox's local rivals were depended very much on where you lived. In Leicester itself, it was Derby/Notts but if you were closer to Warwickshire, perhaps in Nuneaton for example, then often Cov were hated the most.

As for Albion, we gifted them promotion 20 years ago, you think the buggers would be grateful!

Back
Top Bottom