Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Corner Kicks

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rarely start a thread but after watching that today Im going to go for it. Our corners are nothing short of a joke, Nuno simply has to stop Joao from taking them even the commentators were saying how bad they were, please please Nuno ban him from taking a corner ever again.
While i am here i noticed twice in the secong half a backroom guy beard and cap come up to Nuno i have not seen him before who is he ?.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was really annoying. If you are going to play it short play it short to someone who can cross the F’ing ball. Surely someone of Moutinho’s experience should have said this isn’t working and we’re changing the plan.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is true, it’s not Moutinho it’s whoever decides on the tactics. I guess the theory is we don’t have the height but it’s just not working.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess the same reason we struggle from defending corners is the reason we don't just put it straight in. We're rubbish at winning aerial duels.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I rarely start a thread but after watching that today Im going to go for it. Our corners are nothing short of a joke, Nuno simply has to stop Joao from taking them even the commentators were saying how bad they were, please please Nuno ban him from taking a corner ever again.
While i am here i noticed twice in the secong half a backroom guy beard and cap come up to Nuno i have not seen him before who is he ?.
To be honest I wanted them to go short today. First half corners was easily cleared by Brighton. Made common sense not to hit it straight in maybe even hard and low. Other games depending on opposition height and ability in air and also who is playing for us, yes would 100% agree.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea for short is not a bad idea but the delivery thereafter was diabolical...
I agree, however we probably should mix it up a bit? Just occasionally swing one into the box.

For me MGW should be taking the corners, Moutinho should be available for the short one.

D

Deleted member 11332

As I said on the match thread. What's the point floating corners in against a team of mutants with our midgets? Short makes sense but we should be recycling and trying to probe instead of swinging from a different angle.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Comms who said something along the lines of 'whoever does the sound effects could do groans' as another short corner ended up being cleared! I think corners at both ends today were an issue that needs sorting.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1 word......HORRENDOUS.

Seriously wtf are we doing with that **** show of a routine. Either underhit and fail to clear the first man or overhit straight out of play. Absolute joke and so frustrating to us watching at home.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why play it short OR whip it into the box?

Why not take a corner quite high up the pitch for Conor to pick up so that he can ping it out to someone accurately - just like he does from the back?

The success rate of it going to someone - and doing something productive with it would be far greater - plus it keeps an extra body around the opposition goal area.

It also baffles me why, when players take a throw in, they pass it at waist or chest height - the the player receiving the ball has to take two touches - one to bring the ball down then another to actually do something with it. Just throw it to ****ing knee or boot height so that the player can do something with it instantly.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if its put in first time or not if the delivery is a as poor as it was today.

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score
What I love about our corners is you can tell when they do it versus our defence every day in training, it works every time. They seem perplexed when they get to a game against good opposition and it doesn’t work.

Tells you everything you need to know...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Comms who said something along the lines of 'whoever does the sound effects could do groans' as another short corner ended up being cleared! I think corners at both ends today were an issue that needs sorting.

I thought the Brighton corners at our end were good quality .... Oh, you mean our "defending" (allegedly) of their corners. :D

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many of our players are small which is probably why we play a short corner but I feel we would be better playing a short corner for neves to have a shot on goal try something different

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho’s **** show of short corners, embarrassing. Are they that stupid that they think there is value in this cluster ****? Let Neto, Vitinha or RAN take them.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
This has been an issue for a while now, either short and poorly executed or into the middle but failing to get past the first man. Time and time again it happens and what is supposed to be a pressure creating situation we barely cause a panic.
Today’s showing was amateurish and frankly embarrassing, when poor commentators manage to make me chuckle with the ‘even the fake crowd groaned’ it’s bad.
Surely someone must be able to cross a ball into the box from a corner, if not they need to get on the leg weights.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s only when moutinho plays.

Don’t know if it’s him or the management but it’s bloody ridiculous

Not to mention kilman marking their shortest player when we were defending a corner

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bigger problem (as it has been for a while) was defending them. Genuinely thought they’d score from every set piece.

We’ve developed a worryingly soft centre, particularly when defending crosses.
Doesn't help when Kilman and Coady have the role to defend space and their larger than average CBs and left back are marked by our average height players...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Did I just imagine the MOTD screen that said West Ham's 2 goals from corners today moved them into top place in the Prem.... one ahead of Wolves?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I just imagine the MOTD screen that said West Ham's 2 goals from corners today moved them into top place in the Prem.... one ahead of Wolves?

There was some stat during one of the games this weekend that I watched where Wolves were joint second with a few others clubs on five goals from set pieces so far this season. So probably!

I can’t remember any apart from Kilman’s and then the Neves free kick mind so god knows how they’re calculated.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, you did not.

However, It said we had four goals from corners this season, and I believe they're (Coady and Saiss at Villa, Kilman vs Everton, OG at Watford).

I think the Coady one is slightly generous but accept the attack hadn't really ended, but Saiss' shouldn't count IMO. Neves had to play a defence-splitting pass and Podence a brilliant cross, for them to put it down as 'goal from corner'. Again, this could be wrong if I've missed one.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, you did not.

However, It said we had four goals from corners this season, and I believe they're (Coady and Saiss at Villa, Kilman vs Everton, OG at Watford).

I think the Coady one is slightly generous but accept the attack hadn't really ended, but Saiss' shouldn't count IMO. Neves had to play a defence-splitting pass and Podence a brilliant cross, for them to put it down as 'goal from corner'. Again, this could be wrong if I've missed one.
We scored against spurs with a corner too .

Ait nouri corner vs spurs
Ait nouri corner vs Everton.

His deliveries are so much better than those from moutinho

Back
Top Bottom