Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Consecutive Relegations

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry for starting yet another doom and gloom realisation thread but I can't find this anywhere.
When was the last time I team were relegated in consecutive years?
Was it us because I can't think of it happening at all in the premier league era

P

PeteWolf

From the Prem straight down to League One it was Swindon.

Us and Notts County in the same seasons after that.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we must have a hell of a good chance to go down again next season.
We've done it before and everybody at the time said we wouldn't go down to the 4th division,but we did.

If Morgan is still here this time next year then I fear the worst.

P

Patient Wolf

I think we must have a hell of a good chance to go down again next season.
We've done it before and everybody at the time said we wouldn't go down to the 4th division,but we did.

It's the $$$$$$ Wolves DNA ... surely depressing..

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we go down, do we still get the parachute payments from the prem

D

Dewsburywolf

When we go down, do we still get the parachute payments from the prem

This was something I was pondering & I think we still do. Wasn't it originally set up to help Premier League clubs offset the wages issue (still got high earners but a smaller revenue stream??) & surely we'll still have "some" still on the payroll even if we go down. I think it's if you go back up within the (four year???) time span that payments stop

306NOTOUT

We will have lost 90% of our revenue within two seasons if we go down.

Yet we are run as a business but name me another business where if they lost 90% if their revenue the CEO would remain in charge?

P

PeteWolf

We will still get parachute payments regardless. Only promotion back to the Prem or owing football creditors sees them stopped (and they're still paid in the latter case, just what's left over after the football debts are paid).

O

Oaky65

Its normally clubs in financial trouble that drop like a stone (leeds, pompey) not well run clubs like us
The club is run by clowns
This mess is way deeper than just the team

O

Oaky65

Weve got a premier stadium and fans and all the rest is Blue square

J

JR's Boots

The CEO should have cleared his desk this morning. To be in charge of a supposedly financially sound club that bombs two leagues in two seasons in unprecedented.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the PL 20 team era, no-one has done it. All of the clubs who have gone into financial armageddon and none of them have got relegated again at the first time of asking.

Even Blues who all the pro Morgan/Moxey used as an example of a club who would go into financial meltdown managed a Europa League campaign and the play-offs in their first season down.

B

braywwfc

The CEO should have cleared his desk this morning. To be in charge of a supposedly financially sound club that bombs two leagues in two seasons in unprecedented.

It's different though, in the sense that here the CEO is less responsible over the most significant part of the business.

He's not in charge of the football side of things, yet that is where the issues have been.

The fact we are financially sound surely makes him the right man for the job?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's different though, in the sense that here the CEO is less responsible over the most significant part of the business.

He's not in charge of the football side of things, yet that is where the issues have been.

The fact we are financially sound surely makes him the right man for the job?

In recent interviews MOxey himself admitted that he acts as Morgan's adviser on football matters, and trumpeted his 25 years' experience in the game.

The financially sound idea also really needs to be questioned. Moxey has just done what he has been told with regard to budgets. He spent money when Hayward made it available under Jones, then he spent money again when Hayward's gifting of the club made it available to Morgan. Overall Wolves are heading into greatly reduced financial circumstances now, which can hardly be claimed as a brilliant success either. Where Moxey has had control, in terms of PR and ticketing policy, these are both disaster areas with rapidly falling crowds and growing anger, so again it is hard to see why anyone would defend his record.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the feeling League 1 is a tough league.

I don't know much about it but not many teams go down and then bounce straight back.

Sheffield United, Leeds, Forest all did not bounce back at the first attempt.

A

ArnoldWolf

I went to Stevenage v Notts County a couple of weeks ago. Both teams would have beaten us on the showing of the last few weeks. I fear for The Wolves if we fall into League One.

COMB.

Back
Top Bottom