Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Connor Wickham

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hope not. His record is generally poor in the Championship.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we are aiming higher than this...

D

Deleted member 4456

He would be a complete waste of money. He's done nothing to justify the hype.

D

Deleted member 4309

On that forum they are convinced Bruce will be our manager aswel. Strange

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes. Better than anything we have available now, unless of course the club are willing to invest more.

R1ch

Reaction score
Considering they only have 2 strikers on the books i doubt Palace are in a rush to sell one

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Looked a real handful in the semi-final for Palace against Watford. Still only 23 with his best years ahead of him. Think he'd be a useful foil for Dicko.

Guess it depends on who our other targets are.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it always the same names? Bullcack (probably).

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing how we've gone from being linked with John Akinde to Connor Wickham yet he's still not deemed good enough by some... quite remarkable.

From a purely statistical perspective, ignoring the fact he'd be the perfect foil for Dicko and the target-man we need...

23 years of age (Yes, still only 23). 100 Premier League appearances, 16 goals. 88 Championship appearances, 22 goals. 1 in 4.

Likely a goals return now at this level would be closer to his Sheffield Wednesday spell - 8 goals in 11 starts over 3 years ago, when he was still only 20.

Absolute yes from me, although I doubt the move unless Crystal Palace have two strikers lined up (they only play one up top in a 4-2-3-1), if Sakho and Berahino end up there it could be very possible to help finance those moves.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just so people know, this rumour emanated from the same twitter parody account which linked us with Sakho the other day.

W

we8wba

Lol people say we shouldn't sign him

Last edited by a moderator:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wickham is half decent but since he's young and English, would probably command an overinflated transfer fee. I imagine his wages aren't too shabby either, therefore a loan deal may make more sense than something permanent at this stage.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Chode

Reaction score
I would take him in a heartbeat. Strong, great link up play and would shine in the championship with his experience. I think he would score plenty too. Though wish we could have gotten James Wilson, really think he is gonna score for fun this season.

D

Deleted member 4008

Wait until Monday as if it is Jackett thst remains as manager then it is a possibility. If he goes then surely a new manager will want to buy his own players with help from mendes or whoever

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing how we've gone from being linked with John Akinde to Connor Wickham yet he's still not deemed good enough by some... quite remarkable.

From a purely statistical perspective, ignoring the fact he'd be the perfect foil for Dicko and the target-man we need...

23 years of age (Yes, still only 23). 100 Premier League appearances, 16 goals. 88 Championship appearances, 22 goals. 1 in 4.

Likely a goals return now at this level would be closer to his Sheffield Wednesday spell - 8 goals in 11 starts over 3 years ago, when he was still only 20.

Absolute yes from me, although I doubt the move unless Crystal Palace have two strikers lined up (they only play one up top in a 4-2-3-1), if Sakho and Berahino end up there it could be very possible to help finance those moves.

He's more than good enough !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive yes from me

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
How anyone wouldn't want him here if baffling me somewhat. He would terrorise the Championship defences, and score a bucket load of goals. If Vokes can score 20 goals for Burnley, Wickham can get more than that for us (except under Jackett.)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How anyone wouldn't want him here if baffling me somewhat. He would terrorise the Championship defences, and score a bucket load of goals. If Vokes can score 20 goals for Burnley, Wickham can get more than that for us (except under Jackett.)

Completely agree. He is a better, more talented version of Sam Vokes (who I've always rated).

At this level, in a decent team, he would be excellent.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take him but the cost of English players is ridiculous, I just know we would pay way over the odds and that kind of thing annoys me

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be signing Mendes-linked players . . . assuming Mendes will be heavily involved in the club, which is far from certain. Maybe we'll find out more about this Monday.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be signing Mendes-linked players . . . assuming Mendes will be heavily involved in the club, which is far from certain. Maybe we'll find out more about this Monday.

Dont see why that is the case at all. Lopetegui has said he had done a huge amount of work towards the Wolves job before settling on Spain sounds to me he was going to be heavily involved in signings rather than working with what he is given.

I think a lot of the Mendes links to players coming to Wolves are just a bit of lazy journalism

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jojo1877

Dont see why that is the case at all. Lopetegui has said he had done a huge amount of work towards the Wolves job before settling on Spain sounds to me he was going to be heavily involved in signings rather than working with what he is given.

I think a lot of the Mendes links to players coming to Wolves are just a bit of lazy journalism

I thought the Mendes link was maybe down to Lopetegui. I think if we appoint Steve Bruce it is a clear statement that Mendes is not involved that much.

Back
Top Bottom