Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Connor. the real story

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
There's that idea of managers wanting a manager on the pitch.

I guess Conor became that for Nuno till it went sour at the end.

Lage didn't want that and this is how he, Sellars and Shi went about it.

Lage knew Boly and Saiss were still around.

Shabby.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Putting aside the argument over whether he should have stayed or gone it was handled very badly by people at the club. I like Conor, he was a fabulous ambassador for the club and integral in its rise from the Championship. I for one would certainly give Conor a very warm welcome should he ever return to Molineux as an opposition player.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was previous staff, get the feeling O’Neil and Hobbs are more honourable.
Yes they may be, but ultimately its the club that pays his wages and not the existing manager, and at present the head of our club is Jeff Shi and right back to the dismisal of Kenny Jacket he has said one thing and done another, we have had 2 perods of club harmony between players fans and general feel good factor and both have been manager led nothing obviously from the board room.

On the Connor Coady like all endings they are inevitable, and every member of the current squad will leave within the next 1 - 5 years, but the ending can be carried out with a degree of dignity.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes they may be, but ultimately its the club that pays his wages and not the existing manager, and at present the head of our club is Jeff Shi and right back to the dismisal of Kenny Jacket he has said one thing and done another, we have had 2 perods of club harmony between players fans and general feel good factor and both have been manager led nothing obviously from the board room.

On the Connor Coady like all endings they are inevitable, and every member of the current squad will leave within the next 1 - 5 years, but the ending can be carried out with a degree of dignity.
Yes totally. Look at Liverpool - they make difficult decisions but last day of the season they had a proper leaving presentation on the pitch last home game. It's not that difficult. You might have made the harsh decision, there might have been a fallout but can still be dignified and celebratory.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conor on the Rest Is Football podcast on Friday.
I know Lineker isn't everyone's cup of tea but I quite like him and Shearer.
I might give that a listen. They were full of praise for us the other day on that podcast apparently.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the outside, it looks pretty immoral. But not every career move will be a positive one.

He'll know 'the game' better than any one of us and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I'll have fond memories of his time here and i'm glad Lage/Sellars are no longer at the club.

That's it for me. Done.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you force a player out it's hard to do it in a way that they'll be happy with.

If you just accept an offer (as I think we did with Coady) then they'll say they want to be told. But if Lage/Sellars had gone to Coady at the start of the window and said "we want a 4atb, we don't think you're good in one, so we want to sell you", I'm sure he'd still have complained about it being too quick/brutal/not having any input or having a chance.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
It can be a very harsh and cruel world (just ask Sasa!) but a club that wants too be well-regarded by players and fans alike should behave with dignity and class. Respect is a two-way street. If you wish to be respected, you must show that respect. Treat players with respect, even when decisions are not what they want to hear. If a player then 'kicks off', the club should be mature enough to rise above it.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can be a very harsh and cruel world (just ask Sasa!) but a club that wants too be well-regarded by players and fans alike should behave with dignity and class. Respect is a two-way street. If you wish to be respected, you must show that respect. Treat players with respect, even when decisions are not what they want to hear. If a player then 'kicks off', the club should be mature enough to rise above it.
Agreed , I believe you can really judge an employer or an employee by the way they act when the employment ends
Particularly respecting the period of notice.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
7560 minutes straight and some fans don't appreciate him!

Due to break the record but for Covid.... he didn't even have it, it was when you had to isolate if you had been in contact with someone.

I won't ever begrudge Coady will always get a standing ovation from me if he ever does make an appearance at the Molineux again.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On The Rest is Football episode tomorrow! Should be a great watch!

Should be a great watch !

Back
Top Bottom