Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Congratulations Kiddy.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great stuff. Well done Kiddy. Have fond memories of living there in the 1970s.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Well done Kiddy! Pleased for them, nice club.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are their bitterest rivals?

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure. Possibly Hereford?
I'm not sure that Kiddy have any "bitter" rivals. Certainly nowhere near in the same same sense that we would regard Wolves/Albion or Villa/Blues. Their rivals seem to vary with the division they find themselves in at a particular time. Last season it would have been Hereford and Telford. Twenty-five years or so ago it might have been Bromsgrove Rovers prior to Rovers' demise and subsequent rebirth as Bromsgrove Sporting. There have been some good cup battles with Stourbridge in more recent times, while going way back to the 40s and 50s Kiddy might have seen Worcester City as a rival. In the National League next season the most local club I can think of is Solihull Moors but there is no history of any rivalry as such between the two.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sort have a soft spot for KH as my late Grandmother was from there and a cousin by marriage played for them a while back, but I also lived in Kings Lynn, have family still there and my wife is from there so i really wanted them to do well.
Its not really a football town, so it would have been good to give them something to boost the profile.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My youngest's second team so i'm pleased for him but i'm sorry they shouldn't really be going up. Kings Lynn finished second, 24 points above them.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My youngest's second team so i'm pleased for him but i'm sorry they shouldn't really be going up. Kings Lynn finished second, 24 points above them.
I'm another with a vague connection to King's Lynn as I was sent to stay with an aunt there for six months when I was very young. It was actually South Wootton if that counts as King's Lynn. Anyway, it's the perennial discussion as to whether having play-offs is a fair system. It never is when your team is the unlucky one that just missed out but I didn't have any complaints on that glorious day in Cardiff almost twenty years ago. :)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm another with a vague connection to King's Lynn as I was sent to stay with an aunt there for six months when I was very young. It was actually South Wootton if that counts as King's Lynn. Anyway, it's the perennial discussion as to whether having play-offs is a fair system. It never is when your team is the unlucky one that just missed out but I didn't have any complaints on that glorious day in Cardiff almost twenty years ago. :)
South Wooton is definitely part of Kings Lynn; my wife hails from there, and I still play golf at King's Lynn Golf Club which borders South Wooton.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Kidderminster. Though the national league will be tough, hopefully they can compete in there.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Kidderminster. Though the national league will be tough, hopefully they can compete in there.
They've done it before. They won the Conference (as it was then) by 9 points in 1999/00 and spent five seasons in League One before slipping back into non-league. The National League is a good standard though so it won't be easy.

kiddywolves26

Reaction score
biggest club in the conference north with the best facilities by far. They were averaging just short of 3k gates each game although they were mid table most of the season- still a full time outfit as well.

Odd really as far as I’m aware they are normally the team who fights for the title and then fails in play offs. This year they were the team that got in at the last minute.

Rival wise- their main rivals are Cheltenham town (Worcestershire/Gloucestershire derby) followed by Hereford. They used to have a small rivalry with Shrewsbury during the football league years also. Telford has been the local game the last few years but not really a rivalry like the teams above were. Worcester/Bromsgrove/Gloucester are none existent really- a bit like Walsall to us (small annoying neighbours). However kiddy did make the news this year for the Agro they caused at Gloucester

Hazza

Reaction score
I went to the game - I live in Brackley.

They’ve been in some run and demolished Kings Lynn in semi (who finished 2nd). Brackley had beaten Chester away so quite an unexpected final really.

On the day Kiddy bossed it.

Brackley sacked Roger Johnson about 6 weeks ago and so had caretaker manager in place (an injured centre half) - managed to keep them in play off spot but I think Harriers had too much for them yesterday.

Great occasion for Brackley, record crowd of over 3000 incl 700 away.

Lyewolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I think I'm correct in saying that Kidderminster harriers were the first West midlands team to play at the new Wembley stadium.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not forgetting the mighty Yeltz, who were promoted to tier 3. A return of the Number 9 derby.
The number 9 derby is easily the best name for a derby, love it. Been up the Yeltz quite a bit this season when they haven’t clashed with wolves, real buzz about the place again and getting some fantastic crowds. Hopefully they’ll hold their own next season.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I'm correct in saying that Kidderminster harriers were the first West midlands team to play at the new Wembley stadium.
You're quite correct. I was lucky enough to be among the 53,262 who were there on 12th May 2007 for what was the first ever final (the FA Trophy) to be played at the new Wembley. It wasn't lucky for the Harriers though as they threw away a 2-0 half-time lead to lose 3-2 to Stevenage, then known as Stevenage Borough. In midfield for Kiddy was Russ Penn, now the Harriers' manager.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing them, when they come to play my local side next season.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're quite correct. I was lucky enough to be among the 53,262 who were there on 12th May 2007 for what was the first ever final (the FA Trophy) to be played at the new Wembley. It wasn't lucky for the Harriers though as they threw away a 2-0 half-time lead to lose 3-2 to Stevenage, then known as Stevenage Borough. In midfield for Kiddy was Russ Penn, now the Harriers' manager.
It was that match that my cousin was on the bench for, I think.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased for Hemmings. Always looked a tidy player when he was in our academy.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sort have a soft spot for KH as my late Grandmother was from there and a cousin by marriage played for them a while back, but I also lived in Kings Lynn, have family still there and my wife is from there so i really wanted them to do well.
Its not really a football town, so it would have been good to give them something to boost the profile.
The Linnets were in the top two virtually all season and only lost out to bid spending Fylde on the last day. No issues with Kiddy, but would have liked my town of birth to have gone back up.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Linnets were in the top two virtually all season and only lost out to bid spending Fylde on the last day. No issues with Kiddy, but would have liked my town of birth to have gone back up.
KL also had the disruption of their manager leaving unexpectedly (for a better offer, apparently) with just a couple of months of the season to go, I think.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the fact Kidderminster is in Worcestershire not the West Midlands
But in regional terms they are. certainly not Northern or Southern - So definitely Midlands and decidedly to the West of that region. Would you say Nottingham is not East Midlands, even though they are in Nottinghamshire?

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KL also had the disruption of their manager leaving unexpectedly (for a better offer, apparently) with just a couple of months of the season to go, I think.
Yes Tommy Widdrington left to join Aldershot ( remember them and the early days of the play-offs?) I think he may have played for the Shots and they are a division higher and bigger support, but not great to just waltz out. His son is one of the dancers on Strictly though!

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
Well done Kiddy, my town of birth and all my family are born & bred. Great to see them back.

Back
Top Bottom