Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Conference play-off final

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kick off is at 3.

Will Luton prevail or will the minstermen earn promotion to the football league?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate Nick Owen after having an altercation with him in the Billy Wright (of all places) back in the 90's when we played Luton. York for me all the way. What a place to have a weekend away.

M

Mister Rabbit

Tell us more, Burton ;)

Luton is one of those clubs I have an irrational dislike for. Apart from when it won the League Cup by beating Arsenal :D

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell us more, Burton ;)

Luton is one of those clubs I have an irrational dislike for. Apart from when it won the League Cup by beating Arsenal :D

Fully agree. They beat us 3-2 (bonfire night IIRC) forget which season and in the concourse on the way out he was mouthing off. Then he met Burton........

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Luton! Their captain is a good bloke - lives round the corner from us.

D

Dewsburywolf

Slightly off topic but didn't Luton drop into the Conference mainly through having a massive points deduction for going into administration twice in two (three??) years? And yet Portsmouth got away with only 10 points deduction each time

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened to the fit bird who sang the anthem yesterday?

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton ahead...just as I was trying to put a bet on Gray scoring first.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
York should have had a penalty.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
York won 2-1. Cracking game of football!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope that smarmy $$$$ Nick Owen has a lovely evening :)

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done York and welcome back! I used to watch them occasionally when I lived there as a child-Bootham Crescent as was-believe its "Kit-Kat Crescent" nowadays (sign of the times-makes you wonder what our glorious stadium could potentially be called in similar circumstances!!?)

B

Bankswolf II

My mate is a die hard York fan and has rang me to remind me that he got to wembley before I did cheeky git

Fair play to them

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First goal for York from a free kick that shouldn't have been given. Second goal a yard offside, an easy spot for the linesman and he blew it. Know how the Luton fans must feel since we got shafted several times by officials last season.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mate is a die hard York fan and has rang me to remind me that he got to wembley before I did cheeky git

Fair play to them

They won the FA trophy at wembley last weekend too I think. 2 wembley victories in 2 weeks!

W

we8wba

good game, but joke how teams season decided down to poor refeering decisions

the bloke was 2yards offside and lino in perfect position

P

PeteWolf

Harsh on Luton to lose like that, thought both teams were a credit to themselves, but then there's some that might say it's poetic justice after the last time these two sides met in the play-offs...

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Slightly off topic but didn't Luton drop into the Conference mainly through having a massive points deduction for going into administration twice in two (three??) years? And yet Portsmouth got away with only 10 points deduction each time

Yes, I think it was like 27-30 points

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
My Director at work, a real academic, surprised me a few weeks back when she declared herself a York City shareholder. Should be in a good mood tomorrow morning.

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

B

bridgnorthwolf

Fully agree. They beat us 3-2 (bonfire night IIRC) forget which season and in the concourse on the way out he was mouthing off. Then he met Burton........

5th November 1994. Remember it well as it was the day after my 10th Birthday. I was in the John Ireland up high. We were top of the League, Albion were bottom. We were 3-0 down, but got a couple of late goals back. A young John Hartson was playing for Luton.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
One of my colleagues is a Luton fan and was bemoaning that there's a conspiracy to keep Luton out of the football league (Everyone hates us we don't care) and said on Friday that he would not be surprised if the ref gave York a last minute penalty to send them through.... perhaps he's right!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5th November 1994. Remember it well as it was the day after my 10th Birthday. I was in the John Ireland up high. We were top of the League, Albion were bottom. We were 3-0 down, but got a couple of late goals back. A young John Hartson was playing for Luton.

I was there too. Didn't Simon Osborne score both our goals?

P

PeteWolf

That was long before Osborn played for us. Paul Stewart and an own goal according to the records. I seem to remember it for being the first time we'd seen squad numbers at Molineux and it being a bit of a novelty.

[youtube]-RoPVFFn6hc[/youtube]

Edit: although watching that they don't seem to be, might have been the season before?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mister Rabbit

Think that was the week after we were 3-1 up against Millwall, Tony Daley came on, popped his knee and we got pegged back to draw.

The Luton game, the late David Preece had a stormer. Remember Nick Owen phoning WM after. An eventful and thrilling season but that's when the promotion bid started to falter.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that was the week after we were 3-1 up against Millwall, Tony Daley came on, popped his knee and we got pegged back to draw.

The Luton game, the late David Preece had a stormer. Remember Nick Owen phoning WM after. An eventful and thrilling season but that's when the promotion bid started to falter.

Did he mention meeting me :D

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was long before Osborn played for us. Paul Stewart and an own goal according to the records. I seem to remember it for being the first time we'd seen squad numbers at Molineux and it being a bit of a novelty.

[youtube]-RoPVFFn6hc[/youtube]

Edit: although watching that they don't seem to be, might have been the season before?

Interesting that Marvin Johnson scored two own goals that night. I am sure in another game v Luton he scored another own goal against us at home. The ball striking him, the post and then him again before going in. Anyone remember this?? It's on one of my old end of season tapes from the mid-nineties and the commentator can barely speak with laughter.

Must have been one of the most unlucky footballers....

Back
Top Bottom