Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Complete over-reaction on here

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Hard (and natural) not to be disappointed with that performance. I've been bigging up the players to fans of other clubs and their post-match responses have ranged from mocking to patronising ("when you selling that RAN - too good for Wolves.") Tis all a part of the supporting process I guess. Didn't deserve to get back in the game, but gutting we couldn't hold on for four minutes. Not one for the blame-game, but we definitely missed a trick in the January window.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was my thinking too, until I briefly forgot I'm Welsh and dislike rugby.
Hahaha, follow Ireland so I will be in that position just, then off to celebrations later tonight.

Feel for my brother who went to the game and messaged back with a 'I can see why you pulled back from going.'

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
I think people are ignoring the fact we had NO forwards today (apologies to young Fraser). Imagine if today, rather than forwards, we were missing Dawson, Kilman, Semedo and Toti and had no genuine replacements bar kids and players playing out of position? ALL I'm saying is imo the defeat is down to the missing forwards which slewed the game in the favour of Coventry.
Irrelevant - we were winning the game and us capitulating had nothing to do with not having our first choice forwards on the pitch.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Irrelevant - we were winning the game and us capitulating had nothing to do with not having our first choice forwards on the pitch.
True, but a lot to do without having Dawson who is our leader & main organiser at the back. As good as he is, todays game highlighted Killman’s shortcomings both as a defender & captain.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16,000 posts and a member for 12 years but everytime something bad happens you can't wait to tell people how much you don't care :D
The post was in response to a message how there are more important things in life than Wolves, a point that I've reiterated over those 12 years and 16,000 posts because it should be said.

Now go and call a teenager **** again a few times to make yourself feel a tiny bit better.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think that; fair enough. Had we had say Cunha and Hwang or certainly Cunha and Neto our play would have been a million miles from what we produced today. Who knows but I like to think that had we had our regular forwards playing I think they would have torn Coventry's very average defence apart. So then we would not have been hanging on at the end. I also think Dawson was a massive miss tbh.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The post was in response to a message how there are more important things in life than Wolves, a point that I've reiterated over those 12 years and 16,000 posts because it should be said.

Now go and call a teenager **** again a few times to make yourself feel a tiny bit better.
Why would I do it again? I've made the point. Leon Chiwome was good. I'm just talking about football on here, like most do.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve come to the realisation that I need more hobbies. Relying on Wolves to bring me joy isn’t healthy
Totally agree. Had a stressful few weeks as it is and was really looking forward to this game. Must have had every emotion possible today, even shed a tear when Bueno scored, then wham bam! Think I need a few days off work lol.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No one is hurting more than me - I've supported Wolves for 50+ years so I've suffered with this team more than most on here! I just think today some perspective is needed. V Watford we had a full team out, so considering our absentees today I'm trying to give the rest some slack, however badly some played.
We didn't have a full team out, Ruddy was in goal as I'm unfortunately reminded of every time I see their first goal back which he was at fault for.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve come to the realisation that I need more hobbies. Relying on Wolves to bring me joy isn’t healthy
From personal experience, I'd avoid matchfishing!.... it's the one thing that can wind me up as much as Wolverhampton Wanderers!!! Lol

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think that; fair enough. Had we had say Cunha and Hwang or certainly Cunha and Neto our play would have been a million miles from what we produced today. Who knows but I like to think that had we had our regular forwards playing I think they would have torn Coventry's very average defence apart. So then we would not have been hanging on at the end. I also think Dawson was a massive miss tbh.
Yep, I think most of us feel that had Dawson been on that back line, we see the game out with 2 minutes or so to go. Huge player for us even if he hasn’t been totally at his best recently. He brings so much more than just footballing ability.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree .
About an hour after the game my older brother called to say that he has to have a pre-cancerous growth laserd off his voice box and then won’t be able to speak ever again.

Edit…..he’s a very positive 79 year old and thankfully will get through this and adapt. But at certain ages our body starts to give out in one way or another, myself included.
Thanks for the well wishes.

Now if it was my Liverpool supporting brother……….;):confused::p

Last edited:

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said earlier if we played to our usual level we had more than enough against Coventry, we didn't and lost, we didn't carry an attacking threat but found ourselves in a winning position after performing badly with a few minutes left. The last few minutes was played without any professionalism to obtain a win we didn't deserve.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been out for a quiet walk on my own to get over that. Come back and scanned a few threads on here. Not surprised the world has fallen in and much vitriol on here aimed at several players. We knew it would be tough but when you saw we had no genuine striker in our line up you realised what a mountain it would be. Fraser does his best but is not anywhere near ready and Sarabia seemed to be playing a sort of fluid role all over the mf. That 1st half especially we had nowhere to go. The ball kept coming back and Sa kept us in the game. The goals we conceded were terrible but we were missing Dawson who is the calm presence back there. I've just checked and bar the top 6 and Everton we have the best defence in the Prem. So with no attack to speak of, of all games it was unfortunate but this was the match where it all fell apart but over the season so far the defence has done ok. I doubt many mid-table Prem teams with their best 4 attackers missing could have done much more (whether we should have more/better attacking options is another debate for another day). So on reflection another Watford day where the Wolves curse struck again. With a full strength side we would have won comfortably today but Coventry are no bad side and with no
Can someone check on NNW, someone's hacked into his account?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I agree .
About an hour after the game my older brother called to say that he has to have a pre-cancerous growth laserd off his voice box and then won’t be able to speak ever again.

I’m so sorry to hear that. As frustrating and painful as football can be sometimes, something like that really puts things into perspective.

Sending you, your brother and your whole family my very best wishes.

28thmarch1962

Reaction score
Disappointing in the extreme. Lost to a team who the **** have done the double over in the EFL.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree theres been a few that have over reacted but by and large its been pretty level headed
The better team on the day won no matter what teams were put out
I mean we have got away with a fair few this season where we could and should have been 2 or 3 down before we get into gear and today we did again first half
This time though we manged somehow to retake the lead late on and still threw it away with at best schoolboy defending
We had plenty of experience out there to manage the last 5 minutes but yet again we failed to do so
No excuses just poor play,move on

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been out for a quiet walk on my own to get over that. Come back and scanned a few threads on here. Not surprised the world has fallen in and much vitriol on here aimed at several players. We knew it would be tough but when you saw we had no genuine striker in our line up you realised what a mountain it would be. Fraser does his best but is not anywhere near ready and Sarabia seemed to be playing a sort of fluid role all over the mf. That 1st half especially we had nowhere to go. The ball kept coming back and Sa kept us in the game. The goals we conceded were terrible but we were missing Dawson who is the calm presence back there. I've just checked and bar the top 6 and Everton we have the best defence in the Prem. So with no attack to speak of, of all games it was unfortunate but this was the match where it all fell apart but over the season so far the defence has done ok. I doubt many mid-table Prem teams with their best 4 attackers missing could have done much more (whether we should have more/better attacking options is another debate for another day). So on reflection another Watford day where the Wolves curse struck again. With a full strength side we would have won comfortably today but Coventry are no bad side and with no forward punch the final result was not inevitable but likely. We concentrate on the league with hopefully some players back in 2 weeks.
This 100%.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree theres been a few that have over reacted but by and large its been pretty level headed
The better team on the day won no matter what teams were put out
I mean we have got away with a fair few this season where we could and should have been 2 or 3 down before we get into gear and today we did again first half
This time though we manged somehow to retake the lead late on and still threw it away with at best schoolboy defending
We had plenty of experience out there to manage the last 5 minutes but yet again we failed to do so
No excuses just poor play,move on
This.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen a few people say we were **** (we were) but how many in the ground gave the players **** after the game? Not one.

If people want to sound off on here, let them FFS.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed NNW. I don't give much of a **** about most games, you win some lose some / you have your day etc. Unless we'm down in the bottom whatever who cares?

But the FA Cup, at this round, aw man I'm gutted. I like to think the 'over' reaction is due to that, the cup factor?
That was my thinking too, until I briefly forgot I'm Welsh and dislike rugby.
Good lad.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After all of the disappointments of watching Wolves over the years you just know that they will mess it up eventually.

Having so long in the PL is honestly a miracle with our recent history.

That doesn’t excuse it, but having seen us go close on a lot of occasions in the 90s and never succeed you kinda get used to the feeling.

It’s not nice but it is familiar and you learn that that is just how Wolves are.

So near yet so far.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen a few people say we were **** (we were) but how many in the ground gave the players **** after the game? Not one.

If people want to sound off on here, let them FFS.
No one is saying people can't sound off; good luck to them, it's a forum. I only started this thread to give some perspective to today's game and give my views on why we lost.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overreaction? We've just been battered at home to lower league opposition in the biggest game of our season to date? I'm talking performance, not result which quite frankly flattered us.

Just excuses galore. The squad available was still good enough to win that. The performance was disgraceful, we didn't even compete for long periods. 24 shots/12 on target for Cov. Injuries or not, that was appalling.
I expected to struggle to score, i didn't expect to perform so badly.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed NNW. I don't give much of a **** about most games, you win some lose some / you have your day etc. Unless we'm down in the bottom whatever who cares?

But the FA Cup, at this round, aw man I'm gutted. I like to think the 'over' reaction is due to that, the cup factor?

Good lad.
We're all gutted and the longer you've supported this Club the more days like this you have suffered. After getting the ideal draw, today with all the injuries and the terrible game management at the end it was such a Wolves thing. Wolves is one long roller-coaster ride - we draw Coventry at home, yahhhh, all our forwards get injured, boooo, we get back in the lead in the 87th minute, yahhh, we let in 2 goals in the last 3 minutes, booooo. We will bounce back, yahhhhh!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
And just how long has it taken for you to come to this realisation, can I ask :tongueclosed:
Yes, well, it's easy to be all philosophical when you've got a new cat to go home to! At least your lad didn't get the wrong impression about the realities of being a Wolves fan.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our previous two games watched together to this one were the 1-1 @ Luton and the 0-6 @ Brighton; our poor lad is under no false impressions :eek:

Very nice cats though :tongueclosed:

Back
Top Bottom