Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Comedy half time team talk

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is more than rumour on that website. It is an open secret in the game United wanted him for a role.

Man Utd are a leaky ship for info getting out. The amount of this I get told about them that appears in the press and happens is mind boggling in comparison to wolves.

The guy is very good at his job and unlike sellers is good enough for a role like this, but he is learning some elements on the job like many do when getting a promotion.
Not disbelieving you at all, but why didn't he go to United then?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know, I just know there was interest in him.

It may not have gone further than a coffee….. but it could be for many reasons that only he and the peeps at UTD would know.

Andi130

Reaction score
I don’t know, I just know there was interest in him.

It may not have gone further than a coffee….. but it could be for many reasons that only he and the peeps at UTD would know.
I understood there was interest from Chelsea and Man United. However, it was in the role of Head of Scouting. I assume he was very well thought of in that context. Not a DOF type role though. He's done nothing yet to show he can operate at that level yet, in my opinion.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understood there was interest from Chelsea and Man United. However, it was in the role of Head of Scouting. I assume he was very well thought of in that context. Not a DOF type role though. He's done nothing yet to show he can operate at that level yet, in my opinion.
Maybe he saw himself and aspired to be a DOF.

He has many skills that match it well, but it is his first post of its type. But from what I have heard about him, he has all the skills and knowledge in key areas to be a success.

He has already improved our comunication with other clubs who hated dealing with us when sellers was in post

Gasman

Reaction score
I said on Twitter, I am saying this all of the time. It's about instilling the players full of confidence. Giving them tellings off, or stern words of advice. Even though well intentioned. It doesn't work. The style of a good coach, and a good manager, is to instil the player with confidence. And you do this by working with their strengths. Not focusing so much on their weaknesses. This is the style of a good manager. I know Brighton are everything we want to be. Yet you have to look at the big teams. With their style of management. You can tell their coach, he doesn't give them tellings off. He persuades them, rather than shouting at them. I did hear Gary shouting at them during the first half. This style of management doesn't work. I think Gary has to adopt an empathetic style of coaching really.
What about pep telling Haaland off on the pitch at half time!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's worth noting that the only ones who don't think we are relegation fodder, are Wolves fans, just the outside looking in, we are a mess and nailed on.
This is true. I've had mates telling me that we are going down this season since the summer, now it's nailed on in their eyes since we allowed Lopetegui to walk. I'm guilty of it as much as everybody else but we overrate our own players and what we see. Talent wise we are good enough to stay up but these players are as flakey as **** and we got rid of most of the former squad who weren't.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about pep telling Haaland off on the pitch at half time!
Pep has know Haaland for one year, knows with a good degree of certainty how it will be received by the player and the response.

Also Pep is Pep, so he will have more of Haalands respect for his playing and managerial excellence.

GON on the other hand, not a great career length in prem, mostly champ and below. 8 months of managerial experience and sacked with a public reasoning that he wasn’t good enough to manage a team with lesser players.

Certain manager and player dynamics can allow for “*******ings” and hair dryer treatment.

7 days together isn’t long enough to do anything too dramatic while relationships and boundaries are being built with a new manager and an existing and very tight knit squad

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well some truth, think he gets credit for João Gomes though, who I still hope might be the best value signing for a long time.

Just to say though we are not bottom (quite) and we are 4th favourites for relegation at 11/4. Just that if Lopetegui was still here it would be much longer. Still he isn't and we move on, just pushing back against some re-writing of history by people who seem to think he didn't achieve much last season.
We are seen as the most likely to drop since GON was announced outside Shef Utd and Luton by nearly everyone I speak to.

Those opinions weren’t changed by the Utd game as many think Utd are over rated and had a poor pre-season.

I thought with JL we would sit in the 16th-12th grouping. Losing JL and his experience I think we drop if GON stays too long.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have a direct line to Matt Hobbs lol

I only know so much, the fact talks happened is all I was told.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are seen as the most likely to drop since GON was announced outside Shef Utd and Luton by nearly everyone I speak to.

Those opinions weren’t changed by the Utd game as many think Utd are over rated and had a poor pre-season.

I thought with JL we would sit in the 16th-12th grouping. Losing JL and his experience I think we drop if GON stays too long.
Sadly l agree your last para.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said on Twitter, I am saying this all of the time. It's about instilling the players full of confidence. Giving them tellings off, or stern words of advice. Even though well intentioned. It doesn't work. The style of a good coach, and a good manager, is to instil the player with confidence. And you do this by working with their strengths. Not focusing so much on their weaknesses. This is the style of a good manager. I know Brighton are everything we want to be. Yet you have to look at the big teams. With their style of management. You can tell their coach, he doesn't give them tellings off. He persuades them, rather than shouting at them. I did hear Gary shouting at them during the first half. This style of management doesn't work. I think Gary has to adopt an empathetic style of coaching really.
Easily achieved though when you're starting from a point of strength.
Brighton are on a crest of the wave and for the coach it must be a stroll in the park without a care in the world.

I would also add that the so called "big teams" are unlikely to be in a battle for relegation and their focus is more likely going to be on a European placing. For a coach that must be a different type of challenge which I suggest is the more pleasurable and less confrontational, in or out of the dressing room.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too early to say in my view, although I would agree with your comment re JL.

We need to give Gary O'Neill a fair crack of the whip. We're only a couple of games in and with Everton and Palace coming up this would be the ideal opportunity to get points on the board.
I shall keep my powder dry and hope that by eight games in things are more favourable towards the present incumbent and his staff.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we need to brush up on our empathy as supporters and stop demanding that the try to win or even compete in a game of football, poor things.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct, folk can say modern day players are coddled too much and that may be true but this is the reality. It's partly why Mourinho's career has took a downward trajectory from the peak of his success a decade or so and more ago, because football has evolved and so have the players.

Back
Top Bottom