Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Comedy half time team talk

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a captain who has a shred of motivational leadership skills might help eradicate such situations, but hey ho,...
Only reason I dont want him sold is because Fosun wont reinvest and we'll be stuck with Alfie & Toti as our CBs. Otherwise 30m for Kilman is a godsend.

Struggling to think of a worse Wolves captain in the past 40 years. Wasn't O'Hara captain for a bit? Roger Johnson?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto looks like he’s had a *******ing and has come out sulking, Sa tapping him on the shoulder almost confirms that.

Regardless of what the manager has said at half time they look like a sulky bunch who clearly don’t react well to adversity.

Can you imagine them walking out like that if Coady was around the place?
Can you imagine Coady passively accepting one of the team getting a *******ing of that type?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't get the thinking on some of this. Assuming they've been told a load of stuff they think is rubbish at half time and generally ripped into, what is Kilman supposed to say on the way out of the tunnel?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we had money, any decent player would be mad to come here at the moment.

Absolute car crash of a club.
No chance you want to join a team managed by Gary O'Neill with Shaun Derry as his assistant.

Laughably sad how such a combination wouldn't look out of place in League 1, let alone the Prem.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Management's job is to inspire the players. If the team come out like that then they've failed to prepare them properly.

Seeing some here (on another thread) blame the players is backwards. The job isn't to shout at players then blame them for not being able to take it (if that indeed happened). As fans of course we may feel like they should take it or get out but that's 100% unrealistic and gross bad management.

We don't know what happened but we do know they came out heads down, neto especially, and put in ten horrific minutes after a reasonable first half. They also didn't warm up iirc.

I'm sorry but thats just terrible management and I'm really concerned.

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it's a duck. O'Neill showed he is exactly what he looks like - way, way out of his depth. Doesn't make it unfixable with the right approach and people around him but he got saturday as wrong as any new manager I've ever seen.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Management's job is to inspire the players. If the team come out like that then they've failed to prepare them properly.

Seeing some here (on another thread) blame the players is backwards. The job isn't to shout at players then blame them for not being able to take it (if that indeed happened). As fans of course we may feel like they should take it or get out but that's 100% unrealistic and gross bad management.

We don't know what happened but we do know they came out heads down, neto especially, and put in ten horrific minutes after a reasonable first half. They also didn't warm up iirc.

I'm sorry but thats just terrible management and I'm really concerned.

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it's a duck. O'Neill showed he is exactly what he looks like - way, way out of his depth. Doesn't make it unfixable with the right approach and people around him but he got saturday as wrong as any new manager I've ever seen.
I was about to write something similar but not as erudite! There was nothing funny to laugh about yesterday that's why I take offence at the thread title. We know we have a team capable of holding its own in the Prem and certainly being able to match a very good BHA side. We could actually have been up at HT yesterday so the disastrous period after 45 minutes was disgraceful. That we have so many talented players managed by a man who is palpably so out of his depth can only end one way. We all know how this will end (I expect Hobbs deep down knows how this will end), what we don't know is when.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance you want to join a team managed by Gary O'Neill with Shaun Derry as his assistant.

Laughably sad how such a combination wouldn't look out of place in League 1, let alone the Prem.
Thinking back it's quite incredible in our recent history, bar Nuno and JL, how ready we are to appoint managers who as you say would not look out of place in Lg 1.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was about to write something similar but not as erudite! There was nothing funny to laugh about yesterday that's why I take offence at the thread title. We know we have a team capable of holding its own in the Prem and certainly being able to match a very good BHA side.
Yes, though that does require that team putting in the proverbial 110%. Everybody working and fighting for the cause together. That's what saved us last season, it was not any transformation to silky football. We were more up for it than the likes of Southampton and Everton when we played them.

And as we have almost an identical squad, I don't see how it can be any different this season. If we relax for one moment - or 10 minutes, as yesterday - then we will be either lost or lucky.

The concern is that having said we are much the same side as last season, we've lost even more big characters who had a strong mentality, such as Moutinho.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm really worried about lack of leadership. It was an issue last year as it was. Who is the main character know in the squad? Saw no leadership from kilman I'm afraid.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How we came out at HT and played second half really worries me. It was like all the progress made since JL arrived had vanished and we had Davis back in charge. If we carry on in the same way against Everton, relegation will be looking likely after only 3 games.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the thinking on some of this. Assuming they've been told a load of stuff they think is rubbish at half time and generally ripped into, what is Kilman supposed to say on the way out of the tunnel?
"Lads, let's just down tools so we go 4-0 down in ten minutes in front of the idiot in the cap, and hopefully Dobby O'Whistle will be gone by the time we play Luton"

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
IMG_0795.jpeg
Also worth noting this at 1-0, 15 seconds into the 2nd Half.

Nunes, Gomes and Lemina all clearly gesturing to Cunha & Neto to press — both of which are walking, disinterested.

It’s truly shocking so soon after what was a positive 1st half. Something is rotten

Last edited:

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very simple explanation. It's the first time, since Nuno first started, that wolves first team haven't had a half-time warm-up session, when they've come out for the second half.
Nuno did it, Bruno did it, JLo did it, GaryO didn't do it and they were flat footed.

I actually think you're on the mark here as we looked stuck in the mud for about 10 mins there and then it clicked back into gear, they came out cold and with heavy legs after a short turnaround on Monday night and the game was over by the time they got going again. There's zero evidence it was a tactical change or the players receiving a blasting at half-time.

I do think appointing Kilman as captain was a mistake though, go straight to Cunha with Lemina and Dawson as VC's for me.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is all this absolute nonsense of O'Neil being hopelessly out of his depth??

**** me, I have read some **** in my time but this guy that managed an inferior team last season and comfortably got them to safety with games to spare is now suddenly 'hopelessly' out of his depth ffs.

He wasn't my first choice at all but folks really need to stop being so dramatic, it is truly pathetic.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
I watched the Wolves players coming out for the second half…….

……….holy cow, ….some of you are reading too much into this.

Unbelievable.

I actually disagree with this view.

The Mix is typically an absolute hyperbole haven but I actually think the images of them trudging out, the Sa comfort Pat on Neto’s shoulder, combined with the one I posted above (again 10-15 secs into the 2nd half) and the 3 goals in 10 minutes are all far too much of a coincidence.

There is more merit in these concerns. It’s there. It’s obvious and the cause/effect plain to see.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unbelievable.
So you've seen that video and think everything was all hunky dory at half time? You must be living in some kind of fantasy land. Neto looks like he's been in tears, Sa giving him a pat on the head suggests he got some (maybe over the top) stick, Lemina comes out wide eyed and blowing as if to say "wtf have I just seen", everyone's head is down, and you think that's normal for a side in the first home game of the season when trying to get back on par from a 0-1 scoreline?

Let me tell you, it's not normal. If it was normal, people wouldn't be going on about it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is all this absolute nonsense of O'Neil being hopelessly out of his depth??

**** me, I have read some **** in my time but this guy that managed an inferior team last season and comfortably got them to safety with games to spare is now suddenly 'hopelessly' out of his depth ffs.

He wasn't my first choice at all but folks really need to stop being so dramatic, it is truly pathetic.
They won’t stop being so dramatic and ott.
And why should they stop?
.Gary has had enough time, (11 days) and two games…….more than enough time. ;) :)
Hang him I say.:)

…………………………………………..

But how many games did JL take to attack as much as Wolves did in the last two games? We were starved for goals with JL……..if it wasn’t for Podence and Dawson, who both played a huge part in our PL survival, I suspect that we might not be in the PL today.

So……..how well did the great almighty JL do in his first 11 days with Wolves…..or his first two games?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually disagree with this view.

The Mix is typically an absolute hyperbole haven but I actually think the images of them trudging out, the Sa comfort Pat on Neto’s shoulder, combined with the one I posted above (again 10-15 secs into the 2nd half) and the 3 goals in 10 minutes are all far too much of a coincidence.

There is more merit in these concerns. It’s there. It’s obvious and the cause/effect plain to see.
All I said was that some are reading too much into this very, very brief video.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you've seen that video and think everything was all hunky dory at half time? You must be living in some kind of fantasy land. Neto looks like he's been in tears, Sa giving him a pat on the head suggests he got some (maybe over the top) stick, Lemina comes out wide eyed and blowing as if to say "wtf have I just seen", everyone's head is down, and you think that's normal for a side in the first home game of the season when trying to get back on par from a 0-1 scoreline?

Let me tell you, it's not normal. If it was normal, people wouldn't be going on about it
1……never said or implied that everything was hunky dory. ……silly thing to say from my post.
And you think I’m living in some fantasy land? ..hahaha….

please go back and read what I posted……..it’s easy ….all I said was many Mixers‘ posts are reading too much into that video.
Neto looks like he’s in tears…….give your head shake…….he’s nothing like that.
And Lemina is “wide eyed”……..what are you smoking?

and……I never said the players body language was normal, did I?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have just watched the clip four times. None of what you are saying is happening. Lemina isn't remotely wide eyed and dumbfounded and Sa barely nudges Neto on the shoulder which could just as easily be a 'keep going bud'.

You are talking utter ****.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
I have just watched the clip four times. None of what you are saying is happening. Lemina isn't remotely wide eyed and dumbfounded and Sa barely nudges Neto on the shoulder which could just as easily be a 'keep going bud'.

You are talking utter ****.

Agree with Lemina but I think you’ve got to acknowledge why Neto looks the most visibly upset and why he specifically gets a tap of comfort from Sa.

Interested though, what is your take on my screenshot above? Have you seen this vision of wild gesticulating from our midfield so soon after HT? They’re signalling that people aren’t doing what they are supposed to clearly.

Thoughts?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with Lemina but I think you’ve got to acknowledge why Neto looks the most visibly upset and why he specifically gets a tap of comfort from Sa.

Interested though, what is your take on my screenshot above? Have you seen this vision of wild gesticulating from our midfield so soon after HT? They’re signalling that people aren’t doing what they are supposed to clearly.

Thoughts?

I thought that throughout the game a few players were pretty snippy, Neto more than anyone, gesticulating at every opportunity despite being easily the most wasteful when he had the ball. IF O'Neil did give Neto some **** at half time then good on him, Neto deserved it.

I agree with a few above about the warm up routine after half time being something I would like to continue seeing but as others have mentioned, we just don't have the staff right now to implement that I guess.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You earn respect you don't just get it because of a job title. I'm sure that our international players are well impressed with GON and Derry's journeymen careers.

I'm sure that lots of the players will do exactly that. Watch us sink without a ****ing trace then. Shi lost us a manager to save his face, now you want us to potentially lose a team to save their faces....
I wonder what the players would have thought of the Interpreter who didn't do a bad job.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very depressing if please players were 'bawled out' at h/t in our 1st home game of the season. I thought those days were gone. Veira dismissed Derry for this at Palace. Although none of us know exactly what happened, the way they ambled out for the 2nd half tells you something went on. If this continues GON will lose the dressing very quickly indeed.
I apologise if I'm mistaken but didn't Roy bring him back whilst avoiding relegation.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn’t keep him though did they?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unbelievable.
Yes because the first ten minutes they came out, gave their all and were competitive……

Oh wait, we got pumped for three goals and showed little fight.

What is unbelievable is how often you find a way to back the club or a clearly out of their depth person? As you defend the club/staff when there are moments like that, which are proof that something is wrong or has gone wrong.

In the time before that they were litterally in a room for 15 mins with the work experience boy and his “first team experienced coaching staff” and they came out looking sad, dejected and unmotivated…….

You dont need to poirot to work out something was said or done by the coaches that upset the players or caused that

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score

It seems the consensus on here is that 8 days is sufficient time for a manager to get results and so his time is up

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1……never said or implied that everything was hunky dory. ……silly thing to say from my post.

please go back and read what I posted……..it’s easy ….all I said was many Mixers‘ posts are reading too much into that video.

Neto looked like he'd been in tears (past tense), his eyes were reddened, now he might have accidentally picked up some of Adama's old baby oil and rubbed it in by mistake, but his face around the eyes is definitely reddened. Lemina actually looks like he says "wow" to himself as he comes out, now it is possible that he'd just been shown Game of Thrones' Red Wedding for the first time (maybe on Neto's phone, which then got confiscated and was the cause of Neto's upset), but far more plausible is he'd just seen/been part of something he didn't expect

If I had to bet on it, I'd say a jobbing ex-footballer who none of them had heard of about a week ago had read them the riot act and particularly gone in on Neto. It is of course, all speculation. But those players emerging like that and then producing the ten minutes they did, doesn't sit right, something went on and they didn't like it

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The bloke announced in a press conference last season after they got battered that they were mathematically safe….. they weren’t….

Also he was the only mananger of him and Scott Parker to take them into the relegation zone at any point and their fans weren’t sad to see him go or even disagree with the chairman who said he wasn’t good enough to kick on and continue the journey.

So if he wasn’t good enough for a small club like Bournemouth that finished behind us in the league when we’ll ahead of us going into the World Cup break and only has 8 months of experience . Then sorry he is out of his depth and not good enough for a club like wolves.

Eddie Howe left Bournemouth for Newcastle after years in the trenches, learning his trade and developing his philosophy at the club.

In 8 months there is no chance he has the needed gravitas, skills or knowledge to work with the calibre of players he needs to.

People on here are more supportive of him than lage and he won a top league in Portugal breaking records…… but a guy with 8 months where he was sacked for not being good enough is defended….. a bit of xenophobia is live and well on the mix!!!

Sorry to be harsh but the work experience lad isn’t good enough. The second half drop off and the way he played into Brighton’s well established game plan and made no tweaks or changes after the first or second rapid goals which weren’t fluke or long rangers, plus his lack of speed on subs, add to that his shifting the blame press conference lean strongly into that he is in a job years ahead of his current experience

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am sure though if they had come out smiling jumping and looking dynamic you would have your “reading too much into things” from a previous post approach as you would be using that as the core of your defence of GON.

The person you replied to is bang on the money. He or a member of his team, have gone in on Neto clearly in a way that has upset him, he is a very very very well loved not just like member of that team so doing that will cause an issue.

He doesn’t need to “give his head a shake” as it is clear neto is upset and has been upset! The fact how quickly Sa touched him, shows that the upset is raw but from a few moments earlier.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unbelievable.
You weren't at the game. You can see the whole pitch and the problems were apparent right from the start of that half. It was really odd.

I keep saying - bad results happen and brighton are a good team. It wasn't about losing, even 4-1, it was how we went from in the game to shambolic in everything we did (not just individual mistakes). A manager in their first real game in charge, first home game, new season, good preseason and unlucky first match - it's not normal.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, whatever did or didn’t happen at HT on Saturday, the change in the team’s performance as soon as they kicked off was clear even to the most optimistic of Wolves fans who watched the game. But what’s key is that it must also have been evident to GON and his assistants. So unless they are secretly working to undermine Wolves, or get a quick pay off, and assuming they have a modicum of good sense, then they will also realise they resolve this urgently. Everton is going to be an interesting game for even more reasons now.

Back
Top Bottom