Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady or Dawson?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson of course. Coady can stay at everton.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really Dawson every day of the week in a back 4 .

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
In this side, in a back four, Dawson. Just does the defensive basics better and is much better in the air (which was a huge problem when we played Coady in a four).

As a distributor in a three under Nuno, would have been Coady.

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't know how to do polls. It was more of a thought I had watching the game. I loved coady. Wasn't happy when he left. But watching not only a great leader, but also an outstanding defender. I'd have Dawson all day long.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harsh thread!!!!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a defender its not even a debate lol

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Dawson has been the signing of the season. Turned us around defensively and a real warrior when we needed it most.
Yep.
Every once in a while a blind hen(our recruitment dep)find a corn.
Dawson has proved to be a vital signing for us.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what about a back 3 with Kilman and Dawson either side of Coady, and Bueno/ RAN and Semedo (?) marauding down the flanks? Good option to have.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved Coady, brilliant captain and servant to the club. He captained us in the Europa League quarter finals, promotion to the Premier league and two top 7 in the Premier League. He is and should always be remembered as a legend at Wolves and of course, played for England as a Wolves player. No need to compare him to Dawson, who has been one of the main reasons we will stay in the Premier league. Dawson, gives everything and is just the sort of player you need I'm a relegation fight.

Last edited:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i doubt there is many people have as good leadership as coady.... however Dawson is here and doing brilliant.

I can see the effect of Dawson on Kilman (who was outstanding today and MOTM)

We don't need to slate Coady at every opportunity he was fantastic for us and lead us to the best times most of us would've seen as wolves fans.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In this side, in a back four, Dawson. Just does the defensive basics better and is much better in the air (which was a huge problem when we played Coady in a four).

As a distributor in a three under Nuno, would have been Coady.

... alongside Dawson.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is ten times the defender that Coady will ever be, immense today Vs Toney.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep.
Every once in a while a blind hen(our recruitment dep)find a corn.
Dawson has proved to be a vital signing for us.
Let's be fair. In addition to Dawson today's team featured Lemina and Joao Gomes, both showing real PL quality - plus Costa who puts a shift in and is now surely worth his place, Nunes who has arguably been our best player over the last couple of games, and Cunha who is now playing better since working off a central striker.

Six decent signings IMV, all of them made this season.

Reaction score
i doubt there is many people have as good leadership as coady.... however Dawson is here and doing brilliant.

I can see the effect of Dawson on Kilman (who was outstanding today and MOTM)

We don't need to slate Coady at every opportunity he was fantastic for us and lead us to the best times most of us would've seen as wolves fans.
I'm not trying to slate Coady at all. My girlfriend called him my boyfriend at one point I liked him so much. What would this season of looked like if we got Dawson when we first tried?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady needs respect for his past endeavours, May not be the player he was but we should welcome him back next season, has a lot to offer as an excellent squad member.
No he doesn't, he's rubbish in a 4 and that's what we're going forward with.

Some people are way too sentimental when it comes to football, it's why so many clubs stagnate and ultimately go backwards.

Respect him for what he's done in the past but he's not good enough for what we need now.

Back
Top Bottom