Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady. A light to a very dark season?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we're all a little sore after last night and see from the posts that in turn, we're having a pop at every single player. So much so that I've just noticed a few having a go at Coady. I wasn't a fan. In midfield, he's a ****ing calamity. However, at right back, he's been a revelation. Even last night, he was surging forward at every opportunity, tracked back immediately after busting a gut to overlap and then not being used. His crossing is a little erratic but that cross on the deck which split the keeper and defence that Dicko should have reached, was an absolute peach. The look of disbelief on his face last night spoke volumes. He knows he's playing with limited individuals but he's still giving it a go. I'm not saying he's blameless but seeing as we're lining up a firing squad, he's definitely one I would pull to one side and remove cuffs.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He started out as a defender at Liverpool, so not entirely surprised at his form. He isn't perfect by any means, but with some decent players around him could easily hold down that role in this division.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we're all a little sore after last night and see from the posts that in turn, we're having a pop at every single player. So much so that I've just noticed a few having a go at Coady. I wasn't a fan. In midfield, he's a ****ing calamity. However, at right back, he's been a revelation. Even last night, he was surging forward at every opportunity, tracked back immediately after busting a gut to overlap and then not being used. His crossing is a little erratic but that cross on the deck which split the keeper and defence that Dicko should have reached, was an absolute peach. The look of disbelief on his face last night spoke volumes. He knows he's playing with limited individuals but he's still giving it a go. I'm not saying he's blameless but seeing as we're lining up a firing squad, he's definitely one I would pull to one side and remove cuffs.

Coady was one of the few to come out of last night with a bit of credit. I was really critical of him in midfield but he looks a decent enough right back and one of the only things Lambert has got right. His attitude is always good, its hard not to like him as a person.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, his tenacity and in your face style was badly needed in midfield last night I thought.

W

we8wba

I think people getting carried away with him as right back

For me defensively he's okay nothing special

Getting forward his crosses often first man

He's done a job as stop gap but I really don't see him continuing his career there outside of Wolverhampton

That's not me moaning, he's done a job there! Just I don't think that's his position

D

Deleted member 3751

I think people getting carried away with him as right back

For me defensively he's okay nothing special

Getting forward his crosses often first man

He's done a job as stop gap but I really don't see him continuing his career there outside of Wolverhampton

That's not me moaning, he's done a job there! Just I don't think that's his position

Pretty much my view of it too, he can do a job at right back but no more than that.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it says it all if he's been one of our so called better players.
I think he's done okay at right back but nothing more.
If you want to play 4231 or whatever with our wingers coming infield then you need really good fullbacks to get in advanced positions, i think he's too slow, crossing is very poor and he picks the wrong pass in those areas.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was light years from being the worst player on the pitch last night.

In another thread we've been talking about "hard" players, and how we're short of them. I think that, given the flirt we're having with the bottom three, Coady - even given his occasional deficiencies in passing and crossing - is one of the few in the squad I'd have in the footballing trenches to battle our way out of this mess. :)

Chwolf

Reaction score
Potentially he could become a good right back gets forward well and gets in good positions to put the ball into the box but his crossing is awful and needs some serious work its either floated in and easy to defend or put in with pace and hits the first man.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady has done okay at right back but such was the low bar our defence has been this season you could put an arthritic 70 year old at full back and it would be an improvement.

It staggers me that Coady and Saville passed through the Chelsea and Liverpool academies with such limited technical ability. It really is breathtaking.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i'me sorry but him,saville,price, evans are simply not good enough, div 1 players at best, they should have been the players that lambert got rid of

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

the only player to come out with any credit last night was doherty

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
him,saville,price, evans are simply not good enough, div 1 players at best, they should have been the players that lambert got rid of

. . . but the reality is that they are still here. Given that fact, Connor Coady at least is one of the few who will figuratively run through a brick wall for the team.

It's just a pity that most of the rest were incapable of running through a **** Blues defence :mad:

T

TacticalWolf88

haha I thought this was a parody thread, then a see some posters are actually being serious. Did you guys see Nsue and Keita for Birmingham that are what fullbacks look like

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to be dropped. Offers nothing as an attacking tgreat which is causing Costa to he doubled up on so easily

Get our England under 21 in !

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady has done okay at right back but such was the low bar our defence has been this season you could put an arthritic 70 year old at full back and it would be an improvement.

It staggers me that Coady and Saville passed through the Chelsea and Liverpool academies with such limited technical ability. It really is breathtaking.

Well an 'unfit' Marshall was played there and was an unmitigated disaster!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn't good enough, much like most of his colleagues.

Just as I see it and it's painful watching him trying to cross a ball in , at least 4 or 5 times in a row last night he failed to beat the first man and shows the sorry state we are in.

For all his faults and lack of form I would still have Iorfa in for him and drop him back into centre midfield if anywhere as at least he makes the odd tackle.

W

we8wba

Look at it this way how many teams in prem or champ would come and sign Coady as a rightback? Handful at best

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the only player to come out with any credit last night was doherty
I thought Doherty's body language was poor from the get go personally. Yeah he tried to run with it a bit and might have got his head on one or two things in the box but really he was going through the motions. He is just so slow to respond to situations sometimes.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is clearly a better RB than CM. Not of a promotion campaign quality though.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Doherty's body language was poor from the get go personally. Yeah he tried to run with it a bit and might have got his head on one or two things in the box but really he was going through the motions. He is just so slow to respond to situations sometimes.

Just to confirm what I just said, take a look at the highlights at about 6mins in. Doherty has a little run, checks back and lays it off to Costa and then just STOPS. Wanders back at walking pace while the ball gets played in, not really alive to what might come of it. Appalling. He was like that all night - 'I've done my little bit that's enough'. I have always thought better of him than that. Something somewhere is wrong.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Are we that desperate for something positive that when a rank average player who is a failed midfielder that is found a place to the detriment of our England U21 international at right back has a game where he is not totally **** we start praising him. My opinion on him has't changed nice guy in the dressing room doesn't make up for the fact that he's a **** footballer.

Monswolf

Reaction score
I started a t bread a little while back about Coady being the best right. Ack at the club and I still believe that he is.......that does not mean that I believe he is genuinely great it's just he is the best of a really bad bunch

The main difference between him and iorfa is that I don't expect coady to drop a clanger at any point during the game but vice verse to have very little belief that he will skin his opposite number and drop a wonderful cross onto the head of a wolves player in the box

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
haha I thought this was a parody thread, then a see some posters are actually being serious. Did you guys see Nsue and Keita for Birmingham that are what fullbacks look like
Nsue who passed to Costa for our goal? Dream on blues were as **** as us

T

TacticalWolf88

Nsue who passed to Costa for our goal? Dream on blues were as **** as us[/QUOTE

As an actual fullback, quick,agile an attacking threat and marked our 13m pound player quite comfortably. His whole generally game I was referring to not the one moment he misplaced a pass:confused:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he marked Costa quite comfortably why did Costa get fouled so often, set up our goal and put in the cross for Dickos saved header? Costa was the one player with any quality on that pitch last night. And that was only playing in one half as he was woeful first half.

T

TacticalWolf88

If he marked Costa quite comfortably why did Costa get fouled so often, set up our goal and put in the cross for Dickos saved header? Costa was the one player with any quality on that pitch last night. And that was only playing in one half as he was woeful first half.

All this in second half when they had ten men right?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this in second half when they had ten men right?
For 2/3 of it, but I think he was still heads above everything else on show? Or you saying not? You see Wiemann looking class against 10? Or bod? Or Edwards? Or Price? Getting the theme, and they had 2 on Costa as well

D

Deleted member 3604

Thelwell will see this and give him a new contract. Thought he was great at Anfield where he battled but his distribution and positioning is awful. We need much better. We need a new goalkeeper and a new back four.

D

Deleted member 3604

Just to confirm what I just said, take a look at the highlights at about 6mins in. Doherty has a little run, checks back and lays it off to Costa and then just STOPS. Wanders back at walking pace while the ball gets played in, not really alive to what might come of it. Appalling. He was like that all night - 'I've done my little bit that's enough'. I have always thought better of him than that. Something somewhere is wrong.

Doherty is lazy and looks overweight.

M

Mr Wolf

I think he's ****ing crap & was yesterday. Thinking he's a good player shows how far we have fallen.

Technically again he's very poor, struggles under the slightest bit of pressure like the other **** poor players around him.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Yes the light equivalent of being armed with a match while floating in the middle of the Atlantic at night in your life jacket after your boat sank trying to attract the attention of that passing ship a few miles away.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be in the minority but I think Coady is rubbish even at right back, he is OK defensively but is one of the main hoofers in the side, Doherty can't defend for **** but looks alright going forwards, 2 more positions we need new players for IMO

D

Deleted member 3604

Oh and I don't think launching unchallenged pointless crosses for people like Batth to throw himself at and fall over is great distribution/progressive football.

T

TacticalWolf88

For 2/3 of it, but I think he was still heads above everything else on show? Or you saying not? You see Wiemann looking class against 10? Or bod? Or Edwards? Or Price? Getting the theme, and they had 2 on Costa as well

Was he? I'm not saying he played badly but this is a thread titled ''light in a very dark season'', I wouldn't call a steady performer who contributes zilch going forward that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is yet another product of the club's policy to buy in bulk rather than target quality. Ok, he may be marginally better than some of his colleagues (?) but if we are to be taken seriously next season he should not be part of the equation; but I bet he will be!

Back
Top Bottom