Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Club Buy-Back Scheme

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recently used this for reselling my Fulham ticket while on holiday.

I had an email confirming resale shortly after the kick-off but am still awaiting the refund to hit my account - can anyone tell me how long this normally takes to happen please?

TIA.

BWInc.

W

WasStefan

Heard some horror stories about this scheme, such as the system only giving 20% value instead of 80% because it was coded incorrectly. Rookie stuff

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I had an email confirming resale shortly after the kick-off but am still awaiting the refund to hit my account - can anyone tell me how long this normally takes to happen please?

TIA.

BWInc.
Within 28 days I was told, I did the same and had an email saying £24 would be returned, contacted fans support who said they had calculated the % wrong and correct amount would be paid back in, not holding my breath!!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still waiting for mine, not sure why it takes up to 28 days ?

The refunds should be automatically processed the day after the game‘s been played and hit you bank account a couple of days later, not 28 !

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So let me get this right, they sell you a seat for £29, then re-sell it for you and charge you £5 for the effort (pressing a couple of buttons on a computer by a salaried person they pay regardless), they sell it at £39 plus booking fee. Wolves make c£17.50 and the supporter loses £5.

Not sure if you get anything if they fail to resell or not, but there is currently a low risk of them ending up with a spare ticket on their hands, guessing they resell these tickets as a priority if they can.

The principle has put me off using it if I can't make it.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hows it work anyway? Do you put them up for resale and wait see if anyone buys them then if not you get nothing back? Or does the club just have the tickets refund you.

Stourwolf

Reaction score

TIA.

BWInc.
I e mailed the club asking where my refund was and they advised it could take upto 28 days.

W

WasStefan

Look at it this way, if you buy a season ticket for £1000, you cant make any games, Wolves will take them all off you for £800. You lose £200 the club sell the same ticket again on a game by game basis for £1200.

So they make £400 above what you have already paid for the season ticket, that’s already in the bank.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
80% refund is more than fair enough

100% is unfair to those on the waiting list as why would anybody ever give up their season ticket again?
Agreed. And you get it at a discount anywhere compared to buying every week. So it’s pretty fair.

Is it 80% cash back too ? I haven’t sold my back yet but good to know

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TIA.

BWInc.
So you weren't informed about the sale until after the game had kicked off?

I only ask because I've put mine up for resale. I had a look at available tickets yesterday and found one ticket in my section, it's not available today and was expecting to hear from the club that a sale had been made.

I suppose the buyer has a right to return the ticket for a refund if not leaving it too late, so perhaps that's the reason. Let's hope my ticket remains sold.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I only ask because I've put mine up for resale. I had a look at available tickets yesterday and found one ticket in my section, it's not available today and was expecting to hear from the club that a sale had been made.

I suppose the buyer has a right to return the ticket for a refund if not leaving it too late, so perhaps that's the reason. Let's hope my ticket remains sold.
I don’t believe there are refunds available once you’ve purchased a ticket. I certainly couldn’t get a refund for one last season despite not being able to attend due to Covid.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you check your account you get the option to cancel the sell back if it remains unsold.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sold mine for Fulham, and yes it was the wrong amount. Big **** up, but as long as the club know I'm sure we'll get it sorted.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you check your account you get the option to cancel the sell back if it remains unsold.
Confirmed in the app, it's been resold. Thanks for that. And thank you Wolves for the resale option.

I've no problem with them making extra revenue this way. A 20% fee is reasonable in my opinion. Well done Wolves.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirmed in the app, it's been resold. Thanks for that. And thank you Wolves for the resale option.

I've no problem with them making extra revenue this way. A 20% fee is reasonable in my opinion. Well done Wolves.
I put mine for resale for the Southampton game as I'm away. According to my account it says "per your request we are trying to sell your ticket".

Yet it's not on the Southampton ticket page.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So let me get this right, they sell you a seat for £29, then re-sell it for you and charge you £5 for the effort (pressing a couple of buttons on a computer by a salaried person they pay regardless), they sell it at £39 plus booking fee. Wolves make c£17.50 and the supporter loses £5.

Not sure if you get anything if they fail to resell or not, but there is currently a low risk of them ending up with a spare ticket on their hands, guessing they resell these tickets as a priority if they can.

It's much worse than that. They only pay you if they resell the ticket and won't even start marketing it until they have sold all of the non-ST tickets.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You should have seen the old system. This one's brilliant.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry OT but anyone at the last minute not able to make Bournemouth away next week? PM me please!

Back
Top Bottom