Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Clipboard

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the quote they put in that article from the Grenada FA
“Terry Connor is our new senior men's head coach,” Grenada’s FA said.
Boom. No messing round there. Perhaps they also appointed a Yorkshireman to do their PR.

Mick is that you?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crikey, not somewhere else !
He must have a shed load of private pension schemes.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a good move. I'm pleased for him. Guyana in their first competitive match, in Florida, June 17. They need to win this and beat the winners of Trinidad & Tobago v Guadeloupe to qualify for the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament. If they did qualify they would be in Canada's group.

Last edited:

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I think he's the one failed manager that no-one feels any malice towards because he was plainly out of his depth from day one and knew it but his dedication to the club made him accept the position even though he knew he wasn't up to it and it would end badly for him.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I can't recall when I first encountered the 'clipboard' nickname? Can someone help my memory?

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
How can anyone but you answer that question? :)
Hmmm. You make a fair point fella. Lol. I meant when was it first used, generally speaking?

As an aside. When my locals played Bohs in Europe a few years ago, many of the visiting fans were also Wolves.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if it's the old ITV company national team, the city in Spain's national team or the Island in the Caribbean's national team. :rolleyes: . Suspect it's the latter. ;)

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm. You make a fair point fella. Lol. I meant when was it first used, generally speaking?

As an aside. When my locals played Bohs in Europe a few years ago, many of the visiting fans were also Wolves.
Ah yeah I know. :)

One of the guys who set up the original Wolves supporters club in Ireland the 90s was also a Bohs fanatic and was a season ticket holder at Molineux.

Interest in League of Ireland has increased dramatically in the last couple off seasons with most games sold out. Was in Tallaght for Shamrock Rovers v St Pats last night and there was a crowd of over 6,000 at it. A record for a Monday night game.

What's the interest like in the Welsh League?

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Ah yeah I know. :)

One of the guys who set up the original Wolves supporters club in Ireland the 90s was also a Bohs fanatic and was a season ticket holder at Molineux.

Interest in League of Ireland has increased dramatically in the last couple off seasons with most games sold out. Was in Tallaght for Shamrock Rovers v St Pats last night and there was a crowd of over 6,000 at it. A record for a Monday night game.

What's the interest like in the Welsh League?
The Welsh League is absolute pants. Same group of players move from club to club for reasonable cash (considering they invariably play in front of 60 old men and the proverbial dog). TNS have dominated for years. They have the financial clout, but never venture far in Europe. Their chairman is an absolute plonker. Grade 1. Rhyl FC now play in some god forsaken sunday league. Did have an er...interesting trip to Belgrade with them. The Dublin trip was eventful too. For some vague reason there is a union between hoolies of Bohs and Wrexham? It was brilliant to walk into my local boozer and see so many Irish Wolves. One old boy was with his lads and the whole family were all Wolves mad. Happy Days.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if it's the old ITV company national team, the city in Spain's national team or the Island in the Caribbean's national team. :rolleyes: . Suspect it's the latter. ;)
Could be the Ford Cortina's bigger brothers team?

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Welsh League is absolute pants. Same group of players move from club to club for reasonable cash (considering they invariably play in front of 60 old men and the proverbial dog). TNS have dominated for years. They have the financial clout, but never venture far in Europe. Their chairman is an absolute plonker. Grade 1. Rhyl FC now play in some god forsaken sunday league. Did have an er...interesting trip to Belgrade with them. The Dublin trip was eventful too. For some vague reason there is a union between hoolies of Bohs and Wrexham? It was brilliant to walk into my local boozer and see so many Irish Wolves. One old boy was with his lads and the whole family were all Wolves mad. Happy Days.
Ah right. a lot more Wolves fans over here than you would realise.

TNS beat Bohs in the Champions League a good few years ago. Was a few days after Wolves played Bohs in Dalymount. Over 10 years ago now. The game where Doc was discovered by MM.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
all the best TC never had a problem with him while he was here,a very good and respected coach.he was one of those people who was`nt cut out to be a manager and was`nt his fault he was thrown to the wolves,so to speak

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a good move. I'm pleased for him. Guyana in their first competitive match, in Florida, June 17. They need to win this and beat the winners of Trinidad & Tobago v Guadeloupe to qualify for the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament. If they did qualify they would be in Canada's group.
I'll look forward to that.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Grenada drew 1-1 with Guyana yesterday but lost on penalties and therefore will not be in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him. There was a good interview with him in the Brighton matchday programme. That season we got promoted with McCarthy was one the most enjoyable I've had watching Wolves and Connor played an important role in it.

Yes, probably our best of the past 30 years, other than the first 3 seasons with Nuno, of course. Typical of our luck, Kightly and Ebanks-Blake were pretty much instantly injured and missed the Premier League part. As I recall, Ebanks-Blake would eventually come back, start to score a few goals, then be crocked again for a year or so. If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have none at all.

Back
Top Bottom