Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Clattenburg Quits Forest....

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made a bit of money, paid to watch some football and wrote a statement. Not a bad few weeks work.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
He did more on Gladiators, and that's saying something!
He couldn't even do that properly. Always used to emphasise the wrong words.

Instead of saying:
Contender A, you will go on my FIRST whistle.
Contender B, you will go on my SECOND whistle.

He always put the emphasis on WHISTLE for both contenders. He only had one job.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very on-brand for Marinakis to hire a former ref and not actually know the role the hiring was for.
I assume he thought Clattenburg would be mates with all the rest and could grease a few wheels to get decisions to go Forest's way.

Forest, the entertaining club that keeps on giving!

dnf14

Reaction score

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"What the **** do you do, Mark?"

"Make sure my check clears, you dumb ****."

"**** you."

"**** you."

Fin.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Everton do the sensible thing and roll over tonight. You know it makes sense.

Last edited:

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With due apologies to the Mods ... I think the word some folk are looking for here is "malakas", not "malaki". Or it certainly used to be.

Note it is not necessarily an offensive word at all and all depends on context and relationships - you'd greet your mate with "Giassou malakas; ti eginai?" ["Hello me old mucker; how's things going?"]. As well as curse your worst enemy with the same term.

A related word, brilliant but not really translatable in its full glory & deliciousness, is "malakias"; "malakas" is the person, while "malakias" is the collective noun for "a load of rubbish" or translation as one wishes [a load of wink, some might say].

"Ti malakias" is one of my lifetime favourite terms - you can really make it ring. Think "What a crock of s**t" and amplify it. But again, not always directly offensive or hostile.

Greek has some top earthy rude language, let me say. This is a particular favourite of mine. Uttered with a flamboyant double-handed downwards swipe to one's "bits". A chat about say our good neighbours the Boggies would by necessity include many of these gestures, for instance, demonstrating their utter irrelevance to anyone but the terminally insane.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With due apologies to the Mods ... I think the word some folk are looking for here is "malakas", not "malaki". Or it certainly used to be.

Note it is not necessarily an offensive word at all and all depends on context and relationships - you'd greet your mate with "Giassou malakas; ti eginai?" ["Hello me old mucker; how's things going?"]. As well as curse your worst enemy with the same term.

A related word, brilliant but not really translatable in its full glory & deliciousness, is "malakias"; "malakas" is the person, while "malakias" is the collective noun for "a load of rubbish" or translation as one wishes [a load of wink, some might say].

"Ti malakias" is one of my lifetime favourite terms - you can really make it ring. Think "What a crock of s**t" and amplify it. But again, not always directly offensive or hostile.

Greek has some top earthy rude language, let me say. This is a particular favourite of mine. Uttered with a flamboyant double-handed downwards swipe to one's "bits". A chat about say our good neighbours the Boggies would by necessity include many of these gestures, for instance, demonstrating their utter irrelevance to anyone but the terminally insane.
Not sure if you’re a gamer but one of the Assassins Creed games is set in Ancient Greece and the word malaka gets used a lot.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re a gamer but one of the Assassins Creed games is set in Ancient Greece and the word malaka gets used a lot.
Malaka is one of the great insults/terms of endearment.

Back
Top Bottom