Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chris Froome cleared

nimrod

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started taking it as a kid and just like with most medicines at that age I didn’t take too kindly to it.
Over the years I have had less of a dependency but am still not keen .As for Froome I have no idea what advantage he has gained .

this might help
Salbutamol . Dopeology

it’s all about losing the fat without losing the power. same with the kenacort wiggo was on. even during the epo years they were using kenacort to get the weight off, going back a long way. so it would be extremely odd not to wonder how a team leader like DB could claim not to know about it.

if you check the physique changes of the sky team whilst delivering top power to weight ratios and it seems very credible they’d be running a programme using asthma drugs to help in delivering those results. nobody has to believe it of course, that’s a personal matter.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this might help
Salbutamol . Dopeology

it’s all about losing the fat without losing the power. same with the kenacort wiggo was on. even during the epo years they were using kenacort to get the weight off, going back a long way. so it would be extremely odd not to wonder how a team leader like DB could claim not to know about it.

if you check the physique changes of the sky team whilst delivering top power to weight ratios and it seems very credible they’d be running a programme using asthma drugs to help in delivering those results. nobody has to believe it of course, that’s a personal matter.

My conclusion of that is Sky money doesn’t just talk, it uses a megaphone!

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long before the usual suspects in our media try and diminish his achievement and claim foul play

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a very good point on twitter when someone asked why we're suddenly producing tour winners, the level of investment into cycling over the last decade or so has been way in excess of anything previously, and a point I think a lot of casual fans don't realise, Sky's money means they often have the best team there, there was a really good piece in one of the papers the other day talking to fans during the tour saying they don't necessarily hate team sky they just think they've made the tour boring because they're too strong and control the peloton each day

F

Fast Eddie

Watched my first Tour De France in 1991. I couldn't understand why anyone would be interested; how the heck can you call cycling a team sport and why bother racing for 19 days when the first day is a 4 1/2 hour day of racing, surely the winner of that marathon would be the best rider. Job done on day one?

How wrong could I be. Big Mig won the first of his 5 in a row. Tactics, team work, different styles and a lot of it won in the mind rather than the legs. I was in awe of them and instantly hooked. I've enjoyed folliwing pro cycling ever since, this is despite GB not having any contenders.

Then along comes Cavendish and Wiggins, then Froome. Now Thomas and now Yates! This is surely Britains hegemony. I never thought I'd see the day but am now living it!

D

Deleted member 3518

Out of this years Tour de France with suspected broken leg.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will have to support the Welsh Wizard then
Or Adam Yates, cracking rider in his own right although not as strong a squad/team to back him up as the Ineos boys!

D

Deleted member 3751

Chris Froome cleared... his handlebars?

Obviously a bad accident. Been on sky showing him just before the accident taking his hands off to put a top on and whoever was riding with him saying not to take the risk. He seems very nonchalant about it (riding no-hands).

Take a good recovery to get back from a bad injury like this. All the best Mr Froome

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back in the eighties I was an admirer of the man nicknamed " The Badger " Bernard Hinault. That admiration waned somewhat after he promised to help Greg LeMond win the 86 Tour if I recall correctly. A pack of lies as at every available opportunity he attacked Greg. In recent weeks all admiration went when Hinault said that Chris Froome should not be allowed anywhere near the Tour as he is a drugs cheat. So Bernard are you going to apologise now that Chris has proved innocent, somehow I doubt it.
I mentioned this on another thread as Lemond flew his Father in to prepare his food and drinks as he didn't trust Hinaults mates to do so.
I was a big fan of Lemond and was fuming when Lance Armstrong labelled him a cheat.
Armstrong was not only using drugs on an industrial scale, he forced team mates to use them as well to support him.
I don't listen to Hinault as it rankles the French that Brits have won the last 7 TDF.:)

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned this on another thread as Lemond flew his Father in to prepare his food and drinks as he didn't trust Hinaults mates to do so.
I was a big fan of Lemond and was fuming when Lance Armstrong labelled him a cheat.
Armstrong was not only using drugs on an industrial scale, he forced team mates to use them as well to support him.
I don't listen to Hinault as it rankles the French that Brits have won the last 7 TDF.:)

I too was a big Greg LeMond fan always came as across as a good guy. I never liked Armstrong and it was nothing to do with the " English don't like winners " BS as I am a huge admirer of Miguel Indurain and Eddie Merckx who won quite a bit ! I just felt he was full of snide remarks and had a number of digs about cyclists of his era and before. At one time I felt the French media who were like a dog with a bone were out of order attacking a bloke who had survived cancer, turns out they were right as Armstrong took cheating to a whole new level.

Because of Armstrong we have the sad thing now if a person comes along and dominates his or her sport I and others tend to think " we are they on "

As for Hinault as I mentioned I was admirer of his ( even had a La Vie Clair Hinault cycle jersey well I was 19 and slim ! ) but not after the manure he pulled he in that Tour with Greg LeMond.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, but Froome has been in the spotlight so much recently, had he been using performance enhancing drugs previously, he would no longer have been able to do so without getting caught.

Would an accident like the one he has had potentially allow him to 'dope' with a medical exemption for months, feeling the effects of any course well after all traces are out of his system and he is back on the radar of WADA?

I suppose we will know if he comes back better than ever!!

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, but Froome has been in the spotlight so much recently, had he been using performance enhancing drugs previously, he would no longer have been able to do so without getting caught.

Would an accident like the one he has had potentially allow him to 'dope' with a medical exemption for months, feeling the effects of any course well after all traces are out of his system and he is back on the radar of WADA?

I don't think he could come back better than ever in all honesty.
Froome is able to ride on the very limit of human endurance at maybe 1% more output than just about every other top rider.
I believe he is clean and a lot of it comes down to the team boss Dave Brailsford who prepares team GB and Sky (now team Eneos) who is the best in the world.

I have been let down by cheating cyclists in the past and hope I'm right about Froome.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he could come back better than ever in all honesty.

I don't either and for the record, I think he's clean too (with the caveat that Brailsford has pushed the rules to the limits without breaking them).

But if Froome does manage to come back from this and win another Tour, I might change my mind!

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I too was a big Greg LeMond fan always came as across as a good guy. I never liked Armstrong and it was nothing to do with the " English don't like winners " BS as I am a huge admirer of Miguel Indurain and Eddie Merckx who won quite a bit ! I just felt he was full of snide remarks and had a number of digs about cyclists of his era and before. At one time I felt the French media who were like a dog with a bone were out of order attacking a bloke who had survived cancer, turns out they were right as Armstrong took cheating to a whole new level.

Because of Armstrong we have the sad thing now if a person comes along and dominates his or her sport I and others tend to think " we are they on "

As for Hinault as I mentioned I was admirer of his ( even had a La Vie Clair Hinault cycle jersey well I was 19 and slim ! ) but not after the manure he pulled he in that Tour with Greg LeMond.
Funnily enough I was watching Eddy Merckx on YouTube last night. He was awesome.

I too was a fan of big Mig and Stephen Roche. I remember Roches incredible ride on La Plagne in 87 I think against Pedro Delgado. That started my love of the TDF.

Sad news about Cavendish not riding this year. I think the problems with Epstein Barr virus means he will always be behind Merckx in TDF stage wins.
To cheer myself up I watched his Milan San Remo victory in 2009 again on YouTube .
It is definitely worth a watch, especially if you see the clip that was shot from above.
Epic sprinting.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was in the dim and distant days of World of Sport on a Saturday that I first discovered Eddie Merckx when they would have highlights of the previous weeks cycling with the great Phil Ligett commentating.

Miguel Indurain was just phenomenal as like all the greats in any sport he made it all look so effortless especially when on the mountain stages. You mention another cracking Spanish rider in Pedro Delgardo who I am pretty sure was team leader when Big Mig first started.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was in the dim and distant days of World of Sport on a Saturday that I first discovered Eddie Merckx when they would have highlights of the previous weeks cycling with the great Phil Ligett commentating.

Miguel Indurain was just phenomenal as like all the greats in any sport he made it all look so effortless especially when on the mountain stages. You mention another cracking Spanish rider in Pedro Delgardo who I am pretty sure was team leader when Big Mig first started.
I always enjoyed Liggett and Sherwin commentating. So I was pleased when I moved to Oz to see them used on SBS.
Unfortunately they stopped using them a couple of yrs ago. They use ex Aussie riders like Phil Anderson now so I can't complain.

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I started taking an asi
Does he suffer from asthma?
I think that Froome, Wiggins (as well as Paula Ratcliffe) are all "asthmatic". I started taking an inhaler for mild asthma about 2 years ago and have found that I am now running 10km races about 4 minutes quicker than I was a couple of years ago and don't feel particularly tired afterwards. It feels like I am 35 again! I am not of course suggesting that any of these aren't asthmatic of course but I take an extra big puff before I run now!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I always enjoyed Liggett and Sherwin commentating. So I was pleased when I moved to Oz to see them used on SBS.
Unfortunately they stopped using them a couple of yrs ago. They use ex Aussie riders like Phil Anderson now so I can't complain.

Paul Sherwen died last year.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Paul Sherwen died last year.
I didn't know that. It's a terrible shame as I have enjoyed his commentary over 30 plus years.
As an ex pro rider he had a great wealth of knowledge, not only of the cycling, but also of the beautiful French countryside and architecture .

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just googled and saw he died of a heart attack 2 December last year, totally missed this at the time.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The TDF starts today in Brussels to commtentate the 50th anniversary of Eddy Merckx's first win.

Back
Top Bottom