Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems he'll be around the first team rather than out on loan, if its true he turned us down last season because he didn't want to go to Grasshoppers. Replacement for Traore or perhaps we're not taking up the option on Trincao.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems he'll be around the first team rather than out on loan, if its true he turned us down last season because he didn't want to go to Grasshoppers. Replacement for Traore or perhaps we're not taking up the option on Trincao.
Didn't realise he'd turned us (and a loan to Grasshoppers) down last season... interesting. That would make it very likely we've told him he'll be in the first team squad then

Will be an interesting option, can't wait to see what the lad can do

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't realise he'd turned us (and a loan to Grasshoppers) down last season... interesting. That would make it very likely we've told him he'll be in the first team squad then

Will be an interesting option, can't wait to see what the lad can do

Spiers has confirmed in his article that this guy will be in first team group.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting signing. Media seem to think not a Traore replacement, but definitely part of first-team group.

More options the better. It's rare we have more than two players on the bench that we genuinely think have a chance of playing more than five mins.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting signing. Media seem to think not a Traore replacement, but definitely part of first-team group.

More options the better. It's rare we have more than two players on the bench that we genuinely think have a chance of playing more than five mins.
and when you add the return of Neto into the mix we have an abundance of wing options going into the rest of the season

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'd have been very light up front without Traore. I think this means Traore will go and Chiquinho will stay here and make a few appearances off the bench, more than a few if Neto isn't up to speed soon.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a big lad, wonder if he could play down the middle
Would be a real bonus if he did, or could be developed to be able to do both. Based on the video's he's predominantly out wide

Just remembered Hwang's to come back too still

Trincao, Podence, Traore, Hwang, Neto, Chiquinho (plus Giles & Campbell)

Thems some wide options Bruno!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope is better that Trincao - the Portuguese Andy Keogh.

I thought he was shocking today.

Anyway, this lad looks like a very interesting signing. Real pace and from the odd YouTube clips he looks skilful.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang is still our joint top scorer in the league. Baffling to put him in same breath as Trincão given he is half the price

Oh he's been more effective and is a good price but for the majority of his time here he's been average or poor, with the knack of being in the right place when he first got here. I think he'd do well in a 2.

With this signing tho it feels like and either or. Trincao has more potential, huang has actually done it more often and can play central. Or traore goes in the summer if not before.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Left / right winger not a bad prospect must mean we’re selling someone….

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love these sort of signings. They've had a habit of really working out for us. As well as Fabio has started playing, I'd much rather we mitigate the risk and buy a few lads like this than pop all the eggs in the Porto youngun basket

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would have thought our first signing of the window would be a young unproven Portuguese winger?!!
No matter who the manager in the Fosun era we seem to have an obsession with them arguably to the detriment of strengthening in other areas... ie Centre mid, Striker.
With Neto still to come back you'd think it means Adama will be off ( likely) or Trinc wont be retained ( less likely).
Welcome and good luck to Chiquinho lets hope he can benefit the first team squad immediately.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would have thought our first signing of the window would be a young unproven Portuguese winger?!!
No matter who the manager in the Fosun era we seem to have an obsession with them arguably to the detriment of strengthening in other areas... ie Centre mid, Striker.
With Neto still to come back you'd think it means Adama will be off ( likely) or Trinc wont be retained ( less likely).
Welcome and good luck to Chiquinho lets hope he can benefit the first team squad immediately.
2nd signing! We signed Kawabe from grasshoppers

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno did mention a winger when asked about transfers at the start of the month and then called Giles back, so I imagine it just means Giles can go back out on loan.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad certainly doesn’t seem to want for confidence or composure, some very cool finishes in there.
Very nice.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno did mention a winger when asked about transfers at the start of the month and then called Giles back, so I imagine it just means Giles can go back out on loan.
Giles is left wing back cover for me...can't rely on marcal at all.....rayan also misses games. .....and Jonny is unknown.....think we need to keep Giles. .....

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No apparently not
He might not directly represent Chiquinho, but this deal has come from connections via Mendes nonetheless

“ #Chiquinho is expected with his agent, Bárbara Paulino, on Monday at #Wolverhampton to do medical exams in the morning and sign in the afternoon. A successful deal due to the good relationship between Bárbara Paulino and Valdir Cardoso, who works with Jorge Mendes”

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to hear people are confident he can play down the middle as well as out wide... I'm sure most will be more exited at that prospect than Keiffer Moore as a CF

Seems like he's perhaps similar to Hwang in that he's a wide forward that can play centrally as well, although looks different in style

I'm expecting to hear the likes of Porto & Sporting were in for him, where he'd cost £30M next season after breaking through there

Great use of our connections in that league to potentially unearth a gem for a bargain price that makes the gamble worth while, and hopefully keeps our powder dry to invest in other areas of the team

Last edited:

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might not directly represent Chiquinho, but this deal has come from connections via Mendes nonetheless

“ #Chiquinho is expected with his agent, Bárbara Paulino, on Monday at #Wolverhampton to do medical exams in the morning and sign in the afternoon. A successful deal due to the good relationship between Bárbara Paulino and Valdir Cardoso, who works with Jorge Mendes”

Thank you.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles is left wing back cover for me...can't rely on marcal at all.....rayan also misses games. .....and Jonny is unknown.....think we need to keep Giles. .....
Not for me, I don’t see how being third (fourth with Jonny back) choice left wing back here helps anyone. We have Semedo/Hoever who can cover there too, Gomes has played left back, we’ve got Bueno. It seems a shame to let Giles’ promising season peter out on our bench (at best).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me, I don’t see how being third (fourth with Jonny back) choice left wing back here helps anyone. We have Semedo/Hoever who can cover there too, Gomes has played left back, we’ve got Bueno. It seems a shame to let Giles’ promising season peter out on our bench (at best).
Send him to the blues a real challenge for him but does deserve a chance his crossing stats and assists are top notch

Back
Top Bottom