Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho to Stoke on loan

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
If he’s fit and starring by Xmas he could be recalled and proclaimed as a new signing in Jan to keep us up.
Good luck to the lad hope he stays fit and uninjured against all them cloggers in the champ

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news, especially the Adama comparison. You have to worry when it comes to ACL ruptures.
My mate is genuinely so passionate about players who can cross a ball but have a variety of deliveries but have the physicality to create the space for themselves.

He thinks we have a real diamond on our hands.

He is one of those people who just knew and was rarely wrong when saying what kid/new signing would be a success from an hour of watching them……

Bloke is like rain man…. If he says something, he is one of the few people I just shut up and agree with if I have a differing opinion hahaha

paddy2929

Groupie
Reaction score
My mate is genuinely so passionate about players who can cross a ball but have a variety of deliveries but have the physicality to create the space for themselves.

He thinks we have a real diamond on our hands.

He is one of those people who just knew and was rarely wrong when saying what kid/new signing would be a success from an hour of watching them……

Bloke is like rain man…. If he says something, he is one of the few people I just shut up and agree with if I have a differing opinion hahaha
Was impressed with his crossing from the little I seen of him

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season hasn't started! How is there so much feedback.

Seriously.. too much being made about preseason games this year. Probably due to no major tournament.

But seriously.. atleast he's looking sharp after a lengthy injury

Bradstonian

Reaction score
With the recall, can we do it before the first game if the season?
Asking for a friend ..
To me I see an exciting talent that will lift buttocks off seats. Nonsensical that we should not use him. Do we want a sterile team instead?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season hasn't started! How is there so much feedback.

Seriously.. too much being made about preseason games this year. Probably due to no major tournament.

But seriously.. atleast he's looking sharp after a lengthy injury
He has looked very good in training too by all accounts.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is going to be this years saviour in January, always happens with loan players they are actually better when they are not at the club.
Yet he would only be sitting on the bench here getting a few minutes.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played last night him and hooever going to fly

PLAYER RATINGS

Jack Bonham – Didn’t have much to do with the defence being so good. Don’t think he even made a single save.

Ki-Jana Hoever – Brilliant passes played behind the Burton defence and linked up really well with Chiqunho on the right.

Josh Tymon
– Plays much better as a left back compared to left winger. Didn’t have much to do defensively but was brilliant overlapping.

Ben Wilmot – Dealt with Stockton well who has a good record in League One and worked well with Michael Rose.

Michael Rose – Didn’t get troubled much but looked comfortable on the ball when playing out from the back.

Ben Pearson – Mopped up and cut out passing lanes. Looked composed on the ball.

Chiquinho – Showed electric pace in his 45-minute debut. Linked up nicely with Hoever on right side one to keep an eye on.

Josh Laurent
– Excellent in midfield and drove the ball towards the Burton defence to play others in.

Jacob Brown – Covered a lot of ground and took his goal well.

Josh Onomah (trialist) – Technically very good came close a couple of times and unlucky not to score.

Tyrese Campbell – Made some lovely runs in behind and unlucky not to score first half.

Andre Vidigal – Showed a lot of flair. Was a target for the Burton defenders but another one, like Chiquinho, who got fans off their seats and came close to scoring with a bicycle kick.

Jordan Thompson – Worked well with Laurent and Pearson. Provided a good option to play out from the back and start attacks, overall solid display.

Connor Taylor – Preserved the one goal lead and kept a clean sheet.

Lewis Macari - Made a great crunching challenge with five minutes to go which ultimately cost him in the match but shows he’s not afraid to mix it with the big boys.

Souleymane Sidibe – Played some nice passes made in the midfield and wasn’t afraid to get stuck into men’s football even at 16 years old.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting to think sending him out on loan might have been a very good idea for the future in terms of his development for us, or his value for a sale.

From last night's friendly, it looks as though we are continuing with playing fairly narrow wider attacking players, particularly on the right, with Nunes tucking in centrally when out of possession and Neto being a bit wider on the left.

Chiquinho is probably too good for the Championship at the moment, but not quite ready to start for us. So most of his game time here would be from the bench.

A very similar situation to Gibbs-White before he went out on loan to Sheffield United.

But after a year of lighting up the Championship, someone paid £35m+ for Gibbs-White, so hopefully Chiquinho does a similar thing!

Back
Top Bottom