Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cherry Picking

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Is there anyone from the relegated clubs you would particularly like to see in a Wolves shirt?

Maddison, Ward Prowse, Vardy, Docure?

Obviously not been decided yet but for arguments sake name anyone you'd take from the current bottom 5.

UTW!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got no chance of Maddison or Barnes. Harrison from Leeds, Alvarez from Saints would be worth a look. Ward Prowse would be ok but we don’t need him even if Neves leaves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if everton went down

onana

leeds
harrison, rodrygo

southampton
alcaraz
sulemana

Forest
no one

Leicester
maddison
tielemans
barnes

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lavia, Alcaraz, Bella-Kotchap from Saints

Nobody from Leeds

Iheanacho, Barnes from Leicester

Danilo from Forest

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton
Walker Peters idea for both side replacement for Jonny
Lavia - Is going to a bigger and better team than us but going to be a star player worth an early bid?

Just looked on their website and they have about 30 first team players, which is a big squad they invested big in January have a feeling they might need to sell a few players.

We have also been linked in the past to few players
June Caleta Car
Hope Aribo
Che Adams (no thanks)
Mislva Orsic
Paul Onuachu (no thanks)
Carlos Alcaraz

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically, we're not getting Maddison or Tielemans as they will both go to bigger clubs. Iheanacho?
Harrison from Leeds would be realistic and a player I like.
Bournemouth aren't going down, so doesn't apply.
Everton have a great CB in Coady; just the type of character and leader that we missed for a large chunk of the season :D . Would also like DCL if he could stay fit and Demarai-Gray .
Saints have Ward-Prowse, but also probably going to bigger than Wolves. Walker-Peters would give us a great option at RB.
Forest; no one, really.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anyone from the relegated clubs you would particularly like to see in a Wolves shirt?

Obviously not been decided yet but for arguments sake name anyone you'd take from the current bottom 5.

UTW!

Watkins, Martinez, Buendia. Oh wait, .. this time next year , hopefully? :D

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton: Onana ,pickford
Forest: gibbs white, johnson, Danillo, Felipe
Leicester: Maddison, Harvey Barnes, Dewsbury Hall
Leeds: Gnonto
Southampton lavia, che adams, Alcaraz, JWP

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds

Gnonto has lots of potential

Have also spent a lot of money this season, Georginio Rutter 35 million forward that doesnt get a game and playing for their under 21's (sounds familiar) but their squad doesnt seem to have much quality.
Ayling so he can not score against us again? and do his silly cartwheel.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Castagne, not a bad player, Harvey Barnes.

Alcaraz looks decent

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester - James Maddison, Harvey Barnes
Leeds - Jack Harrison, Wilfried Gnonto
Southampton - Romeo Lavia, Kyle Walker-Peters, Armel Bella-Kotchap
Everton - Amadou Onana, Dwight McNeil
Forest - Genuinely nobody, hopefully they stay up for the £10m from MGW

I don't think we should turn our noses up at some of these players just because they are/might be relegated. It's a team sport, if we went down you wouldn't blame Neves.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score

UTW!
Not sure I'd want any of those, but there's definitely good players in those squads. I guess the problem is other clubs know the same thing and sought after players won't necessarily go for bargain prices.

I also reckon only Southampton have genuinely underperformed compared to potential so they're the only one where there could be rich pickings...

Southampton: KWP, ABK, Lavia, Alcaraz.
Everton: None? Possibly Tarkowski, McNeil, Onana, a fit DCL (so no!) if we fail with primary targets & they're cheap.
Leeds: Harrison, Rodrygo, Gnonto
Leicester: the players of 2 years ago or who they are now? Barnes, Tielemans, Ndidi, Pereira used to be good and should still have life in them
Forest: No idea - Johnson, Danilo, Awoniyi at a push

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barnes & Castange off Leciester 30m for the pair?
Rodrigo & Summerville off Leeds 30m for the pair?
Edozie & Sulemana off Saints maybe 30m for the pair?
I wouldn’t want anyone from Everton or Forest

Woolywolf

Reaction score
I really like Lavia and Alcarez st Southampton and Gnonto from Leeds. All young , talented and hungry

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ward-Prowse, Maddison, Vardy, Evans, Rodrigo, Doucoure, Iwobi, Onana, PIckford, Mina, Calvert-Lewin, Tarkowski, Lingard and Henderson are all paid equal or more than our highest earning players already.

None of them would be worth being our highest earners in my opinion.

The real value for money will come from younger players, on much lower earnings currently.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester - James Maddison, Harvey Barnes
Leeds - Jack Harrison, Wilfried Gnonto
Southampton - Romeo Lavia, Kyle Walker-Peters, Armel Bella-Kotchap
Everton - Amadou Onana, Dwight McNeil
Forest - Genuinely nobody, hopefully they stay up for the £10m from MGW

I don't think we should turn our noses up at some of these players just because they are/might be relegated. It's a team sport, if we went down you wouldn't blame Neves.
I dont think Maddison beats the "no dick heads policy"

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one mentioned Rodrigo from Leeds. Think he's up there with Harrison and Gnonto at that club.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically, we're not getting Maddison or Tielemans as they will both go to bigger clubs. Iheanacho?
Harrison from Leeds would be realistic and a player I like.
Bournemouth aren't going down, so doesn't apply.
Everton have a great CB in Coady; just the type of character and leader that we missed for a large chunk of the season :D . Would also like DCL if he could stay fit and Demarai-Gray .
Saints have Ward-Prowse, but also probably going to bigger than Wolves. Walker-Peters would give us a great option at RB.
Forest; no one, really.

Ward-Prowse - absolutely no chance is he joining top half team. Doesn't get into our current midfield either.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are the relegated clubs homegrown players , are they in budget and can any do a job for us....

Maddison and Harvey Barnes are unfortunately out our depth ...they will get better interest than wolves....

Jack Harrison is probably the obvious one from Leeds.....walker peters from Southampton, although I don't think he is an upgrade on semedo he is homegrown and can also play left back....so would make an ideal Jonny replacement at the right price ...

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ward-Prowse - absolutely no chance is he joining top half team. Doesn't get into our current midfield either.
Not sure I follow your logic, although I also said he'd be going to bigger than Wolves. 'He is joining a top half team', but doesn't get into the midfield of a team that isn't top half and who won't be top half at the season's end. OK!

I actually think he brings something to our midfield that we don't have and that's obviously his dead-ball prowess and scoring. Since Mout's decline, our dead-ball deliveries have been shocking and JWP also scores goals as well as assists. This season, in a poor Saints' team, he has 10 goals and 4 assists, which is more than every one of our players, strikers and midfielders. For comparison, Ruben has 6 and 1, Nunes has 1 and 1. Mouts has 5 goals in 174 appearances for Wolves.
So, yeah, I can see that he wouldn't fit into our midfield. :tearsofjoy:

DJLWolf

Reaction score

I appreciate everyone has their own opinion by I'm so confused by this comment.

The lad is absolutely quality and for me is absolutely nailed on for one of the big 6 or Newcastle.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nay nay and thrice nay!

Our track record picking up players from relegated clubs includes
O hara
Johnson
Doyle
Collins

Let JLo go hunting in Spain or South America

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Calvert-Lewin terrorised Brighton at the Amex yesterday, pulled them all over the place. A fit DCL (which is a bit of a big "if") would be quite the tonic to our target man / no 9 problem.

And anyone who thinks Ward-Prowse wouldn't get into our midfield needs examining. He's very good, a different profile of midfielder who operates higher up the pitch, and his set pieces would give us a minimum 10 goals extra a season by default. Imagine JWP's corners and free kicks being attacked by Dawson...

Back
Top Bottom