Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chernobyl series

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd been watching it but I thought it lacked a bit of pace. Especially considering the speed with which the actual events unfolded.

I watched the 2nd episode and thought this might not be for me.

Since then everyone has gone mental for it.
I might have to give it a bit longer to see if I was being harsh.

One thing I did like about it, which was unusual is that you don't get any silly Mock-Ruski accents talking in English.

It's just normal.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I'd been watching it but I thought it lacked a bit of pace. Especially considering the speed with which the actual events unfolded.

I watched the 2nd episode and thought this might not be for me.

Since then everyone has gone mental for it.
I might have to give it a bit longer to see if I was being harsh.

One thing I did like about it, which was unusual is that you don't get any silly Mock-Ruski accents talking in English.

It's just normal.
I think part of it is due to Russian suppression and lack of acknowledgement as to what happened,the lack of social media at the time and the fact that we are analysing what happened 33 years ago through today’s eyes .For most of us it was a news item and no more.The fall out changed perceptions but nothing like if it happened today .

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think part of it is due to Russian suppression and lack of acknowledgement as to what happened,the lack of social media at the time and the fact that we are analysing what happened 33 years ago through today’s eyes .For most of us it was a news item and no more.The fall out changed perceptions but nothing like if it happened today .

I definitely remember it.
I remember watching it on the news (bizarrely I think I remember it being Sue Lawley reading it).

I was not quite 10 years old. It went off late April as I turned 10 on the 6th May.

I remember quite a bit about it.
I must have parked it somewhere in my brain. It was only when I started playing Call of Duty 4, over a decade ago, in which there's scenes of Pripyat that I made the connection again.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definitely remember it.
I remember watching it on the news (bizarrely I think I remember it being Sue Lawley reading it).

I was not quite 10 years old. It went off late April as I turned 10 on the 6th May.

I remember quite a bit about it.
I must have parked it somewhere in my brain. It was only when I started playing Call of Duty 4, over a decade ago, in which there's scenes of Pripyat that I made the connection again.
I visited Chernobyl and Pripyat in 2012 (while at the euros) and recognised a lot of the buildings from that game. It's actually a very peaceful place as is the exclusion zone in general.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compulsive viewing with some real affecting scenes. Stellan Skarsgard is outstanding as the gruff party official who forms an unlikely bond with the superb Jared Harris as the scientist who has the guts to stand up and say what will happen if they do not act.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compulsive viewing with some real affecting scenes. Stellan Skarsgard is outstanding as the gruff party official who forms an unlikely bond with the superb Jared Harris as the scientist who has the guts to stand up and say what will happen if they do not act.

Stellan Skarsgard is an outstanding actor for me.

It's a decent show but not as good as the hype it's getting.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Directed by Stakka Bo..:)

He had a hit single in Sweden..must be the earlier part of the 90`s..Here we go.

Back
Top Bottom