Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea verdict

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two more wins and were safe.

Seriously, if they can keep this spirt going there is a chance of Europe. Hwang and Buba back shortly, it's going to be hard against Brentford but I can see us giving Spurs a game as well.

Don't think many would have turned their nose up at 3 points against United home and Chelsea away. I wasn't expecting much, it just shows how well GON is developing this group.

Better to lose Thursday and win today than 2 draws and I think we'd all have seen that as 2 good results. Absolutely beautiful result today.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two more wins and were safe.

Seriously, if they can keep this spirt going there is a chance of Europe. Hwang and Buba back shortly, it's going to be hard against Brentford but I can see us giving Spurs a game as well.

Don't think many would have turned their nose up at 3 points against United home and Chelsea away. I wasn't expecting much, it just shows how well GON is developing this group.
We'll get more than two and I don't think any of the teams in the bottom three will catch us anyway

munro

Reaction score
Two games.

Seven - SEVEN - goals.

Without Hwang. Without a "proper number 9".

Come on me babbies, whatever is thrown at you, you can overcome it.

How many millions have Chelski spent since the yank guy took over?

Hahahahaha :)
No disrespect to Hwang but i had forgot he was on international duty.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
I’d take this result all day long!
Who’d have thought?
The team and GON have surpassed all expectations!
May it long continue, although Chelsea are all at sea this was a terrific performance away from home!

Mr Jingles

Groupie
Reaction score
And Paul Merson saying yesterday that our loss Thursday, especially after clawing it back only to throw it away could be the start of a nasty run which may suck us back into a relegation battle.

You’d be forgiven for thinking he’d been back on the powder after saying that, especially with him once being known as the ‘magic man’

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice birthday present for me, I seem to remember saying that last year when we beat Liverpool or something, II will check later….
Ha ha yes, we beat Liverpool 3-0 at home this day last year, I wonder who we will have next time :)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something around that Man City game changed everything - seems like more than just the win.

While I don't think he's a tactical genius, I do like how GON has given the players freedom to express themselves. When Bournemouth described him as lucky because he relied on the good form of one player, looking back you can see now that perhaps what he actually does is frees players up.

We're not the rigid team of old which is why our defending is a bit everywhere at times, including today, but the players pop up all over the place and we can actually score goals.

Much rather lose 4-3 as we did on Thursday and win today than the turgid 2 years we've had to endure. Players who are enjoying their football again - and GOALS!
GON appears succesful because as you say he allows players to play to express their strengths , they have become ,IMO, distinctive individuals with a team spirit.
I felt differently about Nuno who I thought had incredible success by getting the team to play almost as a single unit.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Beautifully though we played and so composed though we were, Chelski are a shining shimmy-shammy sheizer-show shambles.

A great advert if ever there were one that throwing the dosh at it is just not the answer.

Teamwork; team spirit; team determination; team mentality; individual excellence embedded throughout.

Some of that reminded me of our grim days of the 90s when we shovelled cash at it and regularly got shown up for the fakes we were by the likes of Tranmere, Southend, Oxford, Grimsby etc etc etc ad nauseam.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Simply superb - faces & behaviour at end says it all - a REALLY ‘together’ squad. Yes - Cunha & Neto will get headlines (rightly) but MUST NOT forget the superb contributions of Toti, Semedo, Lemina & Gomes. And Sarabia - like Thursday - looked so much more ‘at it’. He has learned.

2 concerns - too much space around 2CHs, and lack of pace of Dawson (despite excellent clearing of lines) a worry;
Second - how on earth wee we not at least 5 up? Neto went right onto weaker foot into trouble when 8 yards out instead of left & simple tap in; and why did Belllegarde not square to Doyle for 3 yard tap in when 4-1?? Such wrong decisions will cost us in closer games.

Got a touch sloppy in last 15 - crowd ‘Ole’ probably does not help!

But great performance all round!

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
GON thank you! After 2/3years of rubbish, Wolves are an enjoyable team to watch and listen too again! My enjoyment watching football/Wolves is back! Ha

Its great to see amazing teamwork, on and off the field! Even when we go down 1 nil, I have all the confidence we will score, to get back into it.

Cunha - What a man and a player! Amazing player and is showing so much love towards Wolves, it’s great to see! He clearly loves the club and has found is home!

Last edited:

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fluidity between the attacking three is such a joy. This team isn't going to score much if the opposition is set and can match up (no 9). So the way wolves attack is to keep going back to "notch the arrow" and let the opposition press up to go again. Then let fly with different configurations of who is where and where the ball will go. Rinse, repeat. Don't be afraid of losing the ball. None of this careful careful crap. Just go.

Love it.
Yep nice description. I love springing the trap with neto and cunha tearing forward. Can't wait till hwang is back to add another dimension.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's been said elsewhere, but **** me, Gomes was up against 200m worth of 'talent' in Enzo and Caicedo and he outshone them.

Another massive talent worth an absolute **** load.

RAN, Cunha, Neto & Gomes. Total worth = bonkers money.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great team win today . GON is the new special one . cunha motm performance and his confidence and game play is improving every game

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Thw three changes for me all proved why they are in the 11.

Gomes for me. Was outstanding and set the tone. He was properly at the feet and back of every Chelsea player as soon as they won the ball.

Nouri gives us so much more on the left than anyone else we have tried. Who elses left back would end up on thw right side of the 6 yard box.

Sarabia, picked up great spaces and should of grabbed a goal. He is such a smart player and brings calmness in the final 3rd.

As a team you can see they are growing and learning. To think how we all felt in the summer to where we are now. I am guilty of being a harsh critic of O'Neil especially after Liverpool at home where I thoughy he took to long to change it, but he aswell as the team are learning. Not forgetting this is his first proper full season as a manager and he had no pre season. For me with a small squad we have to not let the standards they set drop. Let's hope Hwang comes back firing and we end the season strong.

Back
Top Bottom