Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea verdict

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent performance from the entire team. Could well have scored a couple more. Despite having the usual ‘don’t **** it up’ worries I have every match, I thought that once we got in front, it never seemed likely that we would lose the match.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How were the front 3 set up?
Was Neto the 9? Or did he play to the right with Sarabia a false9??
Or did it end up being 442 ish?

JJ59

Reaction score
A little disappointed we didn't get six or seven today. Chelsea couldn't cope with our pace and fluidity - or energy - there were five and six piling into the box at times.

Still prone to switching off at the back, which GON was livid with for their second.

Overall, we are better than Chelsea for one tenth the cost. Gary O'Neil is a much better coach and manager than even we give him credit for.

Watch Chelsea try and pinch him if they can't get Brighton's manager in the summer.

Performance 9/10
MOTM Cunha
Thing is any manager going to Chelsea will be stuck with their players who are earning a fortune and many given 7yr contracts. Few will want to leave voluntarily. Not really enticing.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a good few seasons we’ve been a team built on a solid defense and to score on the break. Now we are playing on the front foot and look great going forwards. All about getting the balance between attack and defense right. There are going to be games like Thursday where we get caught out at the back. But at the moment it’s working more often than not, and going behind in games doesn’t seem to affect us. First hat trick in 4 years today. Before today in prem only 3 player had scored a hat trick away to Chelsea.

Just been a real joy watching us this season (apart from a few poor goals conceded)

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a great performance. Every man did their job.

The spirit in this group is incredible.

Well played lads

BillyBoots

Groupie
Reaction score
What a week, beat sandwell unlucky to lose against yanited and schooled Chelsea in their own backyard this is why i love these boys.

Dawson totally different player from Thursday Neto and Cunha absolutely brilliant and Max Kilman made some great blocks, subs all did well and Gary O'Neil is turning out to be the Manager of the season.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you have talented players who want to play for your club and give their all, then the only way is UTFW! Immense today. From the spot on starting XI to the reaction of our old gold (I mean red - yuk) heroes going a goal down, incidentally scored by possibly the pig ugliest player in the English football! Special mentions to Gomes (welcome back Pitbull), RAN and Neto. However, one man was head and shoulders above the rest. Take bow Matheus Cunha. What a player and he's ours! Three goals against Chelsea! Gary O'Neil's barmy army!
LIKES from me.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I have said it before and i will say it again getting serious early Nuno vibes from this team they love playing for Wolves and each other seems like a proper family atmosphere within the team.They all seem to have connected with the fans as well absolutely love them all players and coaches

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don't seem to have any problems scoring goals anymore do we? Can't remember the last game we didn't score.
Fair play to GON for sticking to attacking even though it didn't work on Thurs and when other managers would try to slug out a draw, I think we're more exciting and more effective than Nuno's team, doubt we ever scored 4 under him.
Considering Cunha and Neto are scoring quite frequently and Hwang is back soon, did we really need a number 9?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win and the first at the Bridge since 1979.
Don't want to take the shine off a great performance, but that's the most inept Chelsea team I've seen for a long, long time.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two more wins and were safe.

Seriously, if they can keep this spirt going there is a chance of Europe. Hwang and Buba back shortly, it's going to be hard against Brentford but I can see us giving Spurs a game as well.

Don't think many would have turned their nose up at 3 points against United home and Chelsea away. I wasn't expecting much, it just shows how well GON is developing this group.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two more wins and were safe.

Seriously, if they can keep this spirt going there is a chance of Europe. Hwang and Buba back shortly, it's going to be hard against Brentford but I can see us giving Spurs a game as well.

Don't think many would have turned their nose up at 3 points against United home and Chelsea away. I wasn't expecting much, it just shows how well GON is developing this group.
we’d have happily taken two draws

Back
Top Bottom