Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea verdict

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, incredible.

I don't get too bogged down on the results, hence my anger at the United performance as I really thought it was the worst of the season.

Now, they've just produced arguably the best with Everton at home.

Yes there were elements of luck with the goals, but we attacked with purpose. We got men in the box, the movement, the combinations. Just superb. And, in Cunha we have one of the standout players in the league, I really believe that. He could play in any side

Neto's not far behind either, just exceptional.

Special mention to Ait-Nouri and Joao Gomes as they came in and make such a difference. Gomes' ability to win the ball back, or at least disrupt the opposition is incredible.

Such a shame the referee bottled sending off Gusto for a second yellow for the penalty, as it would've been 4-1 against ten men and we could've breezed home. A nervy end due to that ridiculously bad decision.

Now off to get hammered! Up the Wolves!!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Think that’s our best all round performance of the season and arguably one of our best since coming up. Thoroughly outclassed them all over the pitch.

Hwang has done fantastically this year but that is our best starting XI. The class of Sarabia alongside the pace and directness of Cunha and Neto is a great mix.

Great performances all round. Cunha and Neto obviously immense but thought Joao Gomes and Semedo also had great games.

Sa 7
Kilman 8
Dawson 8
Toti 7
Semedo 8
Gomes 9
Lemina 8
RAN 8
Sarabia 8
Cunha 10
Neto 9

Bellegarde 7
Doyle 7
Doherty N/A
Bueno N/A

Thought we were really poor on Thursday but that it was just a (hugely entertaining) blip and there was no need to panic. Today was the perfect response and coming off the Cup win last week, it’s been an incredible week to be a Wolves fan.

Simply amazing from Gary and the boys.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drove down to Devon to my daughters and just looked at Sky Sports website.

Get in you absolute beauties. Magnificent result.

Keep this team together with a couple of quality additikns in the summer, keep GON at all costs, keep his backroom staff and we are going places.

This team are giving their all for our great club.

Just brilliant.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our team beat the '11 players on the pitch at any one time' shower.

We outplayed them, outthought and outfought them.

Salma Hayek look out, this could be your lucky night... (if only!).

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said in the Man U verdict thread that the lads looked devastated with that winner for them, but we have spirit and will bounce back. My how we bounced !! Love this team and love how GON has us playing. Neto and Cunha ripping it up and loving their football right now. Sarabia adding some quality. Gomes biting ankles in midfield. RAN enjoying some attacking freedom. So much more too. BCD win and 4 goals away at Chelsea, what 2 amazing Sundays the lads have given us.

Rowzed

Reaction score
I’m still disappointed about Thursday but United were better on the night. I’d have settled for 3 points from the 2 games and today is just brilliant. Teams continue to underestimate our resilience, flair and sheer guts

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, incredible.

I don't get too bogged down on the results, hence my anger at the United performance as I really thought it was the worst of the season.

Yes there were elements of luck with the goals, but we attacked with purpose. We got men in the box, the movement, the combinations. Just superb. And, in Cunha we have one of the standout players in the league, I really believe that. He could play in any side

Special mention to Ait-Nouri and Joao Gomes as they came in and make such a difference. Gomes' ability to win the ball back, or at least disrupt the opposition is incredible.

Such a shame the referee bottled sending off Gusto for a second yellow for the penalty, as it would've been 4-1 against ten men and we could've breezed home. A nervy end due to that ridiculously bad decision.

Couldn't agree more, WATW.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our team beat the '11 players on the pitch at any one time' shower.

We outplayed them, outthought and outfought them.

Salma Hayek look out, this could be your lucky night... (if only!).
I’ll drive her down once we’ve finished…

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant from back to front. Superb away performance and put an expensive Chelsea team to the sword. Very good all over. Motm seems obvious given Cunha’s hatrick and performance - huge credit also goes to all those around him that made it possible (Neto, Sarabia, Gomes, RAN).

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, incredible.

Whose hacked WATW2????

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2 strikers on double figures for goals and wem all moaning we didn't sign a striker in January.......think we all need to calm down a bit....

Yep, exactly. Would have still been nice to get reinforcements, but anyone coming in would have struggled to displace Cunha, Neto and Hwang (when back).

Understand why we didn't spend money for the sake of it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot comment as I only listened and followed it on here

Could of been 6-12 by how excited the commentary was

Saw some parts but not all.

Very pleased for Cunha

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still disappointed about Thursday but United were better on the night. I’d have settled for 3 points from the 2 games and today is just brilliant. Teams continue to underestimate our resilience, flair and sheer guts
Resilience, flair and sheer guts sums it up nicely.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two successive Sundays winning at stadiums we haven't in ages, what a great feeling and fully deserved in both cases. Winning at Stamford Bridge finally crosses off that stadium in the "Premier League era" too. I think the only places we haven't won at this century now are the relative minnows like Wycombe, Exeter, Newport, Carlisle, Crawley and Bristol Rovers.

The starting line-up is undoubtedly our best minus Hwang, and should have started vs United, so it was pleasing to see that GON had learned his lesson.

I thought we pretty much had them under control for the entirety of the match with the sole exception of maybe 3 decent moves they put together to open us up (one being the 1-0). In all honesty that should be too much of a surprise as Chelsea are really a wreck and most teams should fancy giving them a tough match these days.

Everyone played well, but Neto was absolutely electric today. The only slight sour note was after so long being the team who dealt with defending corners best, we've again let in a soft goal from one. The end should have been far more easy than we made it, though when on earth 10 added minutes came from without a single injury stoppage, god only knows.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic performance and result. Especially coming on the back of Thursday's cruel finish. So chuffed for them all. Was great to see the celebrations at the end.
Don't know if anyone caught Jamie O'Hara's rant on SSN about Chelsea. Worth hearing if you can. Didn't hold back on his praise for use either.

Back
Top Bottom