Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea Verdict

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

Also Sky can **** off biased ****ers!
The drive home was just as bad. All Chelsea calls on the radio of which they take 3 of and then proceed to talk for an hour about Man U ****ing nited.

Complete and utter joke.

If Leicester got taken over would they spend as much time? That’s Leicester who have won more premier leagues in the ten years since United won one.

I ****ing hate the big club bias.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Christmas ! A timely win . At this time we may have got enough points to survive !!
But the facts are we cannot take a game to lesser teams if they are passive or physically robust. Let’s hope we take some small steps towards that next year.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON made the right decisions today, the RAN "injury" was the turning point.
GON went absolutely crazy at him. Took him off straight after and then Bueno was instrumental in our second.

RAN looked like he was blowing after ten minutes. I still love him though. Baller.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You're right, we're back to Mick's days. People on here are forgetting how average the display was because we somehow got the result. We need Neto back urgently to get some sparkle in our play. Still a wins a win!
Oh come on, we have RAN, Cunha, Neto....all quality players. Gomes and Lemina are much more than destroyers, both decent on the ball.....90s Wimbledon we aint.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right, we're back to Mick's days. People on here are forgetting how average the display was because we somehow got the result. We need Neto back urgently to get some sparkle in our play. Still a wins a win!

Chelsea weren’t great and most of our attacks were still down the flanks and punts into the box. But 3 points in the bag and GON showing he can get more out of this squad than Lopetegui thought beneath him to achieve.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON went absolutely crazy at him. Took him off straight after and then Bueno was instrumental in our second.

RAN looked like he was blowing after ten minutes. I still love him though. Baller.
Eh? RAN 'injury' was middle of the first half, he didn't get subbed till near the end....played really well.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao Gomes is one hell of a player. Love him

Said earlier in the season that he has quickly becoming my favourite player. The amount of ground he covers and tackles he puts in is unreal.

He made more successful tackles than anyone else on the pitch today and didn't commit one foul, in a game where the ref was pretty card happy.

He will be a superstar in the next few years.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh? RAN 'injury' was middle of the first half, he didn't get subbed till near the end....played really well.
Read what I said please. He did go down at the end and he did get taken off and GON did go mad at home.

And I never said he didn’t play well? I love him!

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Before kick-off, would have been happy with a draw but 3 points is a massive bonus. Worried when Dawson went off that we might lose our composure but we did fine. Lemina was great as was Gomes who's a winner. Sarabia takes a sweet corner but Doyle who I like a lot not so. Lacked a bit of pace on the break especially without Neto but with a couple of additions in January we will be fine. My Christmas Dinner will somehow taste that little bit nicer tomorrow.
Happy Christmas everyone

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very weird moment in the first half.

We played it, just once, through the middle. I think it was a Toti pass. It caught them massively by surprise in addition to me and everyone else in the ground I think. Chelsea and us all pre programmed to expect it down the flanks.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Read what I said please. He did go down at the end and he did get taken off and GON did go mad at home.

And I never said he didn’t play well? I love him!
Yes but your response was to the post that stated the RAN 'injury' was the turning point. Which to me suggested you thought he was taken off after that ......just a misunderstanding.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they played well look at the players that came on two of them were 58 million and 37 million pound signings.

Great result today . For me we are not a top half team but 12th13th is respectable.

Main thing is what do Fosun want ? Treading water you mainly decline look at Leicester and they win the league. Or invest and progress .

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes and Lemina are life. Love them both so much. Semedo and RAN were solid too. Dawson injury scary.

And this Sarabia "is ****" narrative really has to ****ing stop. 8 goal contributions in 683 minutes. Averaging a goal contribution every 85 minutes. And that obviously doesn't include plays like a few weeks ago where he'd have the "secondary" assist.
Sarabia is one of those players that’s never going to dominate a game or be at the heart of everything like a Lemina, but when he does get the ball in a good area he’s going to produce quality more often than not. As long as you accept that you will start to see that he’s a very good footballer indeed.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they played well look at the players that came on two of them were 58 million and 37 million pound signings.

Great result today . For me we are not a top half team but 12th13th is respectable.

Main thing is what do Fosun want ? Treading water you mainly decline look at Leicester and they win the league. Or invest and progress .
Completely agree. A season of consolidation ahead for me, and then lets see sensible, considered team and squad building.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good result allround but typical Wolves to still raise our heart rates with 5 minutes to go.

GON made the right decisions today, the RAN "injury" was the turning point.

Lemina and Gomes absolutely brilliant wish we had them 3/4 years ago to support Neves and Moutiniho.

Leminas interview was very revealing as I mentioned in another thread footballers tend to come from the same backgrounds we do and live with the same problems we have, hope his dad is okay. His dad should be very proud of Mario and his brother who is highly rated at PSG.

I really disagreed with the xmas eve fixture but I can walk into work tomorrow a very happy Wolves fan.
walk into work tomorrow? Christmas day

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

12th or 13th is more than fine for this season.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow!!!! Had a few drinks to collect my thoughts. Which are: (1) So glad that we abandoned playing out from the back in the second half. We cannot do it and usually lose the ball in our own half. Just lumping it was more effective possession-wise. (2) our ball retention ability was for large parts of the game almost non existent. Sarabia and Kilman particularly bad. We can't keep on just giving the ball away at about the second pass. This is so basic. Fortunately Chelsea were extremely wasteful in not punishing this. (3) the first goal energised is, we just looked a much better team. We are still far too sluggish starting games. Inject more urgency Gary from minute one! (4) having said all that, there was a great team spirit on view and the defending was truly heroic. Dawson was immense, Semedo brilliant, Rayan much steadier. Lemina fantastic engine. Chelsea looked what they are -- a team of highly talented playboys going through the motions. We on the other hand, looked like a proper team, less talented than them, but full of guts and spirit. Proud of the lads and GON tonight!

Back
Top Bottom