Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea v Wolves comms thread.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
We score goals, but we shouldn’t be leaving almost gifted chances on the field.

Another day, in a more competitive game that could have been a massive game altering moment……
Haaland misses sitters all the time.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I never thought I would ever say this, but let's not get too carried away, it was only Chelsea.
yeah i dont think we will win it but semi final trip to wembley would be great. i dont believe we will qualify for europe and so would rather have to win 4 matches than ~10 in the league. I think i meant we shouldnt be scared of anybody. (apart from city and liverpool, please dont draw them away otherwise its game over :tearsofjoy: )

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland misses sitters all the time.

City create how many chances a game?

Cannot compare us to city….. one is the best football team of a generation who control matches and can win a league from a 15pt deficit……

Haaland misses 1/2 sitters in a game, he will still more than likely get 3/5 more chances to score and likely city as a team also…….

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is it not that attacking skill levels and tactics have improved? Not sure of the answer tbh.
it would definitely have something to do with it. But then tactics defensively without the ball are what i would say is more focused on than ever before.
The top teams now all pay big money for defensive midfielders and defenders compared to what they used to on strikers. Football is more focused on systems and tactics now and that is all-encompassing.
The big money spent recently been Gvardiol, Caicedo, Rice, Casemiro yet no improvement to those teams without the ball. (Rice excluded)
Maybe its due to everything being a foul/penalty/handball has made defenders more hesitant!
Especially with granular analysis and focus now on 'transitions' and 'shape without the ball'
Long way of saying I agree and i dont know either! But it is alarming the amount of goals being scored and just some of the defending im watching is like schoolboy stuff.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
City create how many chances a game?

Cannot compare us to city….. one is the best football team of a generation who control matches and can win a league from a 15pt deficit……

Haaland misses 1/2 sitters in a game, he will still more than likely get 3/5 more chances to score and likely city as a team also…….
Why can't you compare us to City? We beat them.

Point I'm making is we're creating, and taking advantage of the chances we create. If you get wound up by chances missed you'd be wound up by every team ever.

By my maths we've now scored 6 more goals than we managed in the entirety of last season.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go get a couple of days off lads and get some rest in those legs. **** Sun/Manure Thurs/Chelski Sun is a punishing schedule 3 high pressure games need well rested legs now for Brentford.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can't you compare us to City? We beat them.

Point I'm making is we're creating, and taking advantage of the chances we create. If you get wound up by chances missed you'd be wound up by every team ever.

By my maths we've now scored 6 more goals than we managed in the entirety of last season.

Some chances like that is really poor to not take or even have a decent shot with!

The frustration isn’t the missed chance, players miss them.

It was the fact it was such a weak, limp and lame attempt!

If he drew a good save out the keeper, you say fair play, but that was glorified catching practice. That is why I was not impressed by the missed chance

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it would definitely have something to do with it. But then tactics defensively without the ball are what i would say is more focused on than ever before.
The top teams now all pay big money for defensive midfielders and defenders compared to what they used to on strikers. Football is more focused on systems and tactics now and that is all-encompassing.
The big money spent recently been Gvardiol, Caicedo, Rice, Casemiro yet no improvement to those teams without the ball. (Rice excluded)
Maybe its due to everything being a foul/penalty/handball has made defenders more hesitant!
Especially with granular analysis and focus now on 'transitions' and 'shape without the ball'
Long way of saying I agree and i dont know either! But it is alarming the amount of goals being scored and just some of the defending im watching is like schoolboy stuff.
I think you may have hit on something with reference to officiating. So easy to give away a free kick or penalty

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone on here predicted 4 - 2 to Wolves in the prediction league. Now who could that be.. :)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite an interesting watch. Vlog from a Chelsea fan down their end. Gives a good insight into how their fans reacted, and some decent views of ours in the distance. Comical comment late on, where the fan bemoans the fact they didn’t spend in January… jeez man, how much more do you want to spend!

Back
Top Bottom