Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea v Wolves comms thread.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised. RAN's biggest problem is that he is painfully shot shy. Looked like he was trying to knock it across for someone else to shoot. As usual.
I think RANs shot was going in the other side of goal whereas Cunhas was a comfortable save for the keeper
Not bothered either ways as long as they go in though
Both teams have played good football,surprised how confident we look tbh
Long way to go and there will be more goals for sure

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the movement of our forwards is confusing to opponents. You'll have a slower Sarabia on the right and then 2 minutes later you'll have a faster Cunha on the right and then 2 minutes later a rapid Neto running down the right.

So often teams hold their shapes. But our forwards are constantly moving and switching sides and roles up front. It honestly opens so much of the pitch.

Yes, I think you're right. We do look much better in attack when Sarabia is playing. Very intelligent player. Good at helping out further back sometimes, too.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booing them off lol. Is it that hard to deal with being a goal down to a team directly next to you in table in the 2nd half of season...
Like we didn't boo our team off at HT last Thursday? Even more ludicrous, given how brilliant our lads have performed in recent weeks. First time they have an off 45mins and the boo boys are out in full swing. Glass houses and stones come to mind.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you told someone who knew nothing about football that there were £100m players in the midfield making a pair from

Lemina
Gomes

Fernandes
Caecedo

I would bet people would say it is ours……

Shows how a fool and his money is easily parted!!!!!

I am thankful everyday we got Gomes instead of fernandes!

The way he forced that move after the World Cup and how he has played since don’t show great character compared to Gomes!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really pleased with that half. Played exceptionally for the most part, especially our forwards.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the best vibes I have felt from the team in an away game, I think. Just look really calm, but still up for it.

The mentality of this group is in such a good spot.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair there were a load of boos at Molineux at half time on Thursday! Never understand it myself.
And again to be fair (not that I booed), we were woeful and could easily have been five down! Don't think the booing was because we were losing, it was because of just how poor we were that half

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought that was one of our best halves of the season. Much the better side and thoroughly deserve to be ahead.

Joao Gomes has been fabulous. Just needs to keep his discipline now he’s on a booking.
Need Bouba back to play his 20 minute cameo... Joao is too gung-ho to last 90 minutes! I think we have a nice complement of midfielders now - Bouba as the more "backs to the wall" type to see out a lead, akin to Gomes, and Doyle as the option to inject quality and creativity.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Superb all round first half and more goals in it for us too if we keep pressing them like we have. Just need to switch on a bit at the back, especially Toti and RAN but all in all our best first half in a while! Keep it going lads!!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought that was one of our best halves of the season. Much the better side and thoroughly deserve to be ahead.

Joao Gomes has been fabulous. Just needs to keep his discipline now he’s on a booking.
Gomes is fine, Semedo got it for kicking the ball away

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you told someone who knew nothing about football that there were £100m players in the midfield making a pair from

Lemina
Gomes

Fernandes
Caecedo

I would bet people would say it is ours……

Shows how a fool and his money is easily parted!!!!!

I am thankful everyday we got Gomes instead of fernandes!

The way he forced that move after the World Cup and how he has played since don’t show great character compared to Gomes!

He’s still young and makes the odd mistake, but it’s far, far outweighed by the stuff he does well. Hard to believe the lad is still so early in his senior career.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One more goal for Wolves be how many games we’ve scored 3 consecutive goals

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think RANs shot was going in the other side of goal whereas Cunhas was a comfortable save for the keeper
Not bothered either ways as long as they go in though
Both teams have played good football,surprised how confident we look tbh
Long way to go and there will be more goals for sure

Thought we were edging it even when they scored. Have got behind them several times, just needed that final ball to be better than it has been and we could have had another. Chelsea defence so shaky though. I wouldn't mind if we closed down this half to shut them out. Way to Big 6 club, would take a 2-2. Worried that if we carry on pushing forward, they will outgun us in the end. Seems to be a bit of an area in front of our CH where they've had some space that they exploited for our first goal. Would rather we stick with a conventional back 3 + WB, than keep reverting to a back 2 with Toti getting forward.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well happy with that half. Chelsea are struggling all over the park. We look compact. Great to see Gomes back in midfield. Two warriors in there, him and Lemina. I think both those shots were going in, even without the deflections. The move for the second, simply wonderful. More of the same please boys.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent, mature display.

Go again lads, three points are there for us if we dig deep again. Do us proud!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve moaned about Semedo jogging back when we’re in trouble but he’s noticeably making efforts to get back. He’s bought into GON and maybe that’s what he needed a better man manager than the ones before GON. Very pleased with his game this season

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s still young and makes the odd mistake, but it’s far, far outweighed by the stuff he does well. Hard to believe the lad is still so early in his senior career.

Young and mistakes come as a tradeoff with him don’t they for the awesome talent and commitment he has. He is going to be some player when he hits his prime!

The 8 shirt is fast becoming the second I conic number after number 9 for me!!

Neves then Gomes….. what a fantastic heir to the number we got!!!!!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great spirited and technically proficient half, the better team from the equaliser onwards. GON's tactics winning out against the 'stars' of Chelsea. Still wouldn't like to call it but it's looking way better than I feared.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also gotta say how much of a difference RAN makes. Super footballer and has improved drastically on his defensive duties, so much so the Gomes looks a little more comfortable today.

Back
Top Bottom