Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea H -Christmas Eve ?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
E&S state that a 1pm KO on Christmas Eve is being earmarked.

Would mean Boxing Day’s visit to Brentford will be moved to the 27th and will probably mean Everton at home on the 30th being shuffled back by a day too.

The article also states, that the PL unbelievably considered having games on Christmas DAY in 2017, but were taken off the table due to travel.

PL should confirm what is what in due course.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So hopefully Brentford put back a day so will be trains. I'm all for it.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would mean Boxing Day’s visit to Brentford will be moved to the 27th and will probably mean Everton at home on the 30th being shuffled back by a day too.

The article also states, that the PL unbelievably considered having games on Christmas DAY in 2017, but were taken off the table due to travel.

Oh ffs.
I've booked a family meal on Christmas Eve at 14:30 and we are going away on News Year eve

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, my set days on don’t coincide with any of them. Rare perk of working every Saturday.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
You can’t plan anything anymore. I’m due to go my daughters in London for Christmas,planned to travel on Christmas Eve morning. So that’s another game missed due to rescheduling. The Chelsea fans will be well ****ed off As well. Football sold its soul to the devil ( Murdoch) and the fans are paying for it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I haven't really got my head around it, but are we really playing Sun, Wed, Sat and then one more league game between Dec 30th and Jan 30th, with no New Year game, just FA Cup on the 6th? Mental.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely there has to come a breaking point with this? You got newly relegated Southampton travelling up and down the country every friday night
You have every premier league game moving to stupid o clock yet you can't watch the 15:00 games because of an outdated law. Call me a fraud but I love football but I draw the line at attending at Xmas eve, more important things to do that game, fine with boxing day thats a tradition, this is just taking the mick

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Kean reporting this as a possibility. There's just no way I can make it with family commitments .I bet club won't even offer full refund of ST match ticket either. Not happy about it .
It’s not ideal but it’s hardly going to be the clubs fault if the game gets moved (unless we’ve put our names forward for it).

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This wouldn’t be good for me. For the last God knows how many years I have shown amazing willpower and not gone out on the **** on Christmas Eve. Wolves being on tv at lunchtime will test this like nothing ever has.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not ideal but it’s hardly going to be the clubs fault if the game gets moved (unless we’ve put our names forward for it).
Not ideal ? Not blaming club just hope they understand some supporters can't go and offer full refund instead.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s a good idea 12pm kick off. Give everyone Xmas and boxing day off

Boxing Day there is no transport on Xmas Eve there is

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back in the day I recall us playing Villa on Christmas day and Boxing day. As I recall we won one each.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is Father Christmas going to get all of those presents delivered if he’s spent all afternoon in the South Bank. No-ones thought this through.
Don't worry, our man starting from postal code, HOH OHO, Canada's North will make it around the world, no problem.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Back in the day I recall us playing Villa on Christmas day and Boxing day. As I recall we won one each.
My Dad always used to say he'd go to Molineux on Boxing Day and that would be the first chance to find out what the score had been at Villa Park on Christmas Day. One of those odd things that show how different the world must have been that football happened on Christmas Day. "Back at 6 love, make sure the turkey is cooked for then"?

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
My Dad used to say the Christmas day matches kicked off at 11am, no pubs were open, so you went home for your Christmas Turkey.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
I anticipate a lot of empty seats if true. For our fans who have to travel a distance and the Chelsea fans it's going to be a tough choice. A lot of parents with young Children would surely want to be at home on this day. Silly decision.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christmas Day and boxing day games used to be the norm. Quite often a home/away double header on the two days.
Better than watching ****e on TV.

Back
Top Bottom