Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Charlie Austin

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
not seen this anywhere else , if it is please delete.
Linked on paper round up on sky sports .
Loan until the end of the season may be a good option imo

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be good as a backup,and I can’t believe I’m about to say this,but jota and jimmy seem to have finally clicked and I don’t think we need a striker........

M

merseawolf

Not exactly an exciting prospect but like Patricio and Moutinho before nothing wrong with bringing in an experianced player to play upfront. Would without doubt score more goals than Bonatini.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers said last night there’s nothing in this and he’s not a name they’ve discussed that n the hunt for a striker

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers said last night there’s nothing in this and he’s not a name they’ve discussed that n the hunt for a striker
Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm pretty sure Spiers is right. Austin just doesn't seem a good for for us, style wise, personality or ability. A player quickly on the way down, his next move is surely the Championship.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm pretty sure Spiers is right. Austin just doesn't seem a good for for us, style wise, personality or ability. A player quickly on the way down, his next move is surely the Championship.
Agreed. Just doesn’t seem a Wolves style signing in any level and his fitness is an obvious concern

Saints fans I know we’re very suprised at the link and happy to see him go and asked if we can take Long with him!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit that there was a time recently when i thought he would be a good signing for us as back up, however i think we have overtaken where Charlie is now, yes its pretty obvious they/we have told Leo that he can move on, but i think that they/we are thinking maybe we need a replacement in for Leo first, but finding that replacement aint easy, bearing in mind that we have to work within the constraints of FFP a short term loan will be the way to go, but again the question is who the heck is out there decent strikers/forwards wont want to sit on the bench..

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a fox in the box type player who contributes little elsewhere. It’s hard to think of a player less suited to how we play!

W

Wolfgang Wolf

reputation as a bit of a wild boy, cant see him settling to be one of the pack.

K

Knocker Lite

Austin is the type of player Norwich should be scouting not Wolves, lacks mobility and work ethics.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can see Villa signing him tbf.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love how if another club wants rid then we shouldn't be interested because we're higher up in the table and he must be dog****.
Southampton manager has said the squad is too big and has already got rid of Gabbiadini, him and Austin aren't suited to the run around like headless chicken pressing.
We wouldn't need Austin to be quick, mobile, or offer great movement outside the box, He'd be a very good short term option for when we play against the lesser sides.
If this was the same player playing for an average Turkish side, people would be looking at his youtube clips and saying get him in.
At least with Austin he knows the league and knows where the goal is. Loan till end of season would be fine with me

D

Deleted member 4456

Southampton manager has said the squad is too big and has already got rid of Gabbiadini, him and Austin aren't suited to the run around like headless chicken pressing.
We wouldn't need Austin to be quick, mobile, or offer great movement outside the box, He'd be a very good short term option for when we play against the lesser sides.
So we wouldn't need someone to be quick, mobile or offer great movement in a counter-attacking team?

D

Deleted member 4456

You can't counter attack every single team all of the time
No, but that's our primary game plan, isn't it? We don't need the English, often injured version of Bonatini to replace the downright awful one we already have. If he's what we're looking at, we may as well just see out the season with what we already have and look again in the next window. Charlie Austin would be a signing for the sake of making a signing.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Just doesn’t seem a Wolves style signing in any level and his fitness is an obvious concern

Saints fans I know we’re very suprised at the link and happy to see him go and asked if we can take Long with him!
The Saints fans I know love Austin and Long. All about opinions I guess.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If wolves sign someone it will be someone the papers haven’t linked us to, like Moutinho and many others under Fosun it will just come out of nowhere, maybe hear about it the day before it happens from a foreign paper if we are lucky, the fact it’s saying us and Villa shows how made up a rumour it is

D

Deleted member 3573J

A good player but rarely fit, a ratio of a goal every 2.7 games in the Premier League from just under 100 games is not to be sniffed at.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we wouldn't need someone to be quick, mobile or offer great movement in a counter-attacking team?
He means teams that park the bus very hard to counter attack 10 men behind the ball

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure on this one. Always thought he’s a tidy player but only produces the goods (like a lot of strikers) after a run of games... which I doubt he will get with us.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only worth signing for his Parklife rant

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooooh, behave.
****gedelic baby.

Wait... Wrong Austin.

Back
Top Bottom