Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Change shorts tradition

Should Wolves retain ‘change’ gold shorts or always revert to an away kit?

• Total voters

Green Wolf

Reaction score
And following on from the away colour poll...Wolves have traditionally played in change gold shorts rather than an away kit wherever possible. Would you like to see this tradition continue or move to what most other teams do and use away kits for all colour clashes.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only answer is we play in our Gold shirts whenever possible. It’s who we are and we are unique. If the shorts clash it should be then our Gold shorts.

The reality is, as we become more and more of a commercial/corporate machine, we will see more of our away kit (or kits) at every given opportunity. Like Leicester and Man U, no need for us to play in the away kit at all. No surprise it’s the biggest selling away shirt in years.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I was actually disappointed last year as Premier League rules mean teams can wear the same colour shorts but we chose to change while others didn't - Southampton and Bournemouth both wore black at Molineux. Infact in all other prem campaigns before we wore black shorts at all away games when the home side also wore black. For me we wear gold shirts and black shorts and shouldn't change if we don't have to.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
And following on from the away colour poll...Wolves have traditionally played in change gold shorts rather than an away kit wherever possible. Would you like to see this tradition continue or move to what most other teams do and use away kits for all colour clashes.
Why no thread on the colour of our socks? Come on Green Wolf, pull your finger out. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 5276

Years ago Bill Shankly changed Liverpool from red shirts and white shorts to all red. He said he felt it was more imposing on the opponent. I'm pretty sure Revie did a similar thing with Leeds in the early 60's. It's always the small details that can make a difference. As has already been said, we should always wear Old Gold wherever possible. If, occassionally, that means old gold shorts because black is a clash, then so be it.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love an all gold kit like that as the home kit, with an all black away kit

Someone brought up the idea here of using the all-gold as a European look, in the same way Spurs and United wear white. Would be cool if away legs.

Seen us wear them against Spurs and Derby.

Was this in the 80s? I suppose its only possible when we have a white change kit.

Back
Top Bottom