Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chance to see Wolves away

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
So, I've often read on here about people not being able to get a chance to see Wolves play away.

Most of the time it's aimed at the AST crowd and the 'unscrupulous' lot that buy tickets and sell them on so they collect the points.

Well folks, I've got some great news!!!

You can go and watch Wolves play in an FA cup replay against one of the best sides the premier League has to offer. Better still it's at Old Trafford! Tickets still available!.......

..... No takers?

Really?

I never want to hear another moaning ****er go on about not getting an away ticket ever again.

Shameful.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the things mentioned above i was going to go had it been on the tuesday. However i have to pick my daughter up from nursery on wednesdays so that killed off my chances as i wouldnt make it in time.

Is that ok for you or is it still shameful?

D

Deleted member 4456

If it was more reasonably priced and I didn't need to be up at 5 for work the next day, I would've been tempted.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understood lead post.....going to Espanyol, 1060 points not expecting to get tickets. Went to Spurs at Wembley in home end. Only options for me and daughter over last 2 years away have been Newcastle (Sunday late ko last season), Fulham (Boxing Day) and odd cup game. No chance of getting to MU midweek (given time off for Barcelona) although have thought about buying tickets purely to get points.

Personally, would put a small number up for ballot of all away games as currently it is a closed shop which is impossible to break into e.g. if 3000 tickets, put 2500 tickets based on AST and ST+points and balance from a few tiers down to enable the next gen to get a chance.

Recognise that those in the top 3000 will say no!

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Despite the things mentioned above i was going to go had it been on the tuesday. However i have to pick my daughter up from nursery on wednesdays so that killed off my chances as i wouldnt make it in time.

Is that ok for you or is it still shameful?
Yes if you thought it was personal :rolleyes:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone think any PL away matches will not sell out to AST holders and top pointers? Would love to fit one in with the lad. Only have ST and home Europa points, 1040 I think. Made Newcastle last year. Don't really care where.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
So, I've often read on here about people not being able to get a chance to see Wolves play away.

Most of the time it's aimed at the AST crowd and the 'unscrupulous' lot that buy tickets and sell them on so they collect the points.

You can go and watch Wolves play in an FA cup replay against one of the best sides the premier League has to offer. Better still it's at Old Trafford! Tickets still available!.......

..... No takers?

Really?

I never want to hear another moaning ****er go on about not getting an away ticket ever again.

Shameful.

Good post.

Fair weather supporters want to pick and choose the away games they attend. That includes a box office opponent and a day and time of kick off that suits their personal schedule.

They still reserve the right to moan about the unfair unavailability of tickets for such plum away games while simultaneously kicking hardcore AST's for making it a "closed shop".

Cue the excuses ... ticket price, midweek, replay, two reserve sides etc ... this game doesn't tick enough boxes for them ... but the club should definitely bend over backwards and give them an away ticket when it does!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got tickets, but can understand why others have refused.

But can't quite get who the op is aiming at. Is it those with the points, who could have brought tickets and for similar reasons to those without the points, couldn't buy tickets?

There's a reason people won't be able to attend this fixture, price, transport, midweek and principles are just some.

Shameful!!!

Last edited:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good post.

Fair weather supporters want to pick and choose the away games they attend. That includes a box office opponent and a day and time of kick off that suits their personal schedule.

They still reserve the right to moan about the unfair unavailability of tickets for such plum away games while simultaneously kicking hardcore AST's for making it a "closed shop".

Cue the excuses ... ticket price, midweek, replay, two reserve sides etc ... this game doesn't tick enough boxes for them ... but the club should definitely bend over backwards and give them an away ticket when it does!

It obviously hasn't ticked the right boxes for the usual away support either. There's a reason it hasn't sold out yet.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone think any PL away matches will not sell out to AST holders and top pointers? Would love to fit one in with the lad. Only have ST and home Europa points, 1040 I think. Made Newcastle last year. Don't really care where.
A few left for Southampton

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few left for Southampton
I should have added, has to be after January payday, I've just told the Mrs we are skint. I know, I don't want much.
That proves though it should still be possible if your not fussed. I'm thinking maybe West Ham, Burnley or Villa.

Darren M (Dazza)

Reaction score
Looking forward to the game. I usually use the trains for away games, coach for this one. Possibly extra time and pens could happen. Yes it’s £8 more than my ticket for the league game, it’s the FA cup at Man U fantastic. Meeting in the Hogs at 3 before if anyone fancy’s a pint

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
It obviously hasn't ticked the right boxes for the usual away support either. There's a reason it hasn't sold out yet.
True. Ironically this is the first away game (in all competitions) I will be missing this season. It's my little sis birthday and will be stuck in a restaurant with the rest of my extended family. I suppose I should now immediately hand back my AST ... in my defence I did go to a midweek Zenith Data Systems cup tie at Bramall Lane with a couple hundred other hardy souls about 30 years ago ( the definition of hardcore support ) ... and I think we still out numbered the home support ...
... seriously though I think OP (and I) are just giving a bit back in response to the endless criticism posted around away ticket allocation :p:p:p

bully9

Reaction score
If it was more reasonably priced and I didn't need to be up at 5 for work the next day, I would've been tempted.
That's what you have to do as a fan , all the original post is saying we have lots of people on here blaming away season ticket holders of getting there tickets, all the money they have saved by not being able to get tickets £55 should be no problem.or does that not suit there agenda

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

..... No takers?

Really?

Shameful.

Wind your neck in.
This is the first away im missing this season. We need to make a stand that the price is not acceptable.
Take it your going?
People do buy to sell on. This is a reserve game not a league game.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely if you don’t get tickets because your out the inclusive club which keep it to themselves as soon as ANY tickets are on sale to yourself regardless opposition and circumstances your in!

especially considering it’s manutd away???

reason these fans don’t get tickets is because they’re fussy, they want to handpick their match on their perfect Saturday and their perfect travel to go and moan when they can’t

loyalty points are right, keep it to those loyal fans who go week in week out

many are still going midweek, yes they’ve moaned Price, yes it’s an extra game, yes high chance kids but guess what .... they’re going because it’s wolves

D

Deleted member 4436

..... No takers?

Really?

Shameful.

I don’t recall any posts recently where people have moaned about lack of tickets?

Loads of tickets available for any game on various FB communities.

Sounds like you’re just using this as an opportunity to have a random dig at people who love the same club as you? #OnePack :wink:

D

Deleted member 4436

Surely if you don’t get tickets because your out the inclusive club which keep it to themselves as soon as ANY tickets are on sale to yourself regardless opposition and circumstances your in!

especially considering it’s manutd away???

reason these fans don’t get tickets is because they’re fussy, they want to handpick their match on their perfect Saturday and their perfect travel to go and moan when they can’t

loyalty points are right, keep it to those loyal fans who go week in week out

many are still going midweek, yes they’ve moaned Price, yes it’s an extra game, yes high chance kids but guess what .... they’re going because it’s wolves

Agree with the sentiment about loyalty points, but there’s a deeper dynamic to the last point which has been treaded a million times on here so it doesn’t need to be gone over again - disposable income for people is one.

It sounds like you’re the type of person who wants to beat people with a stick because they might not be able to afford it or perhaps they can’t get the time off work midweek. Or perhaps, like me, you have ridiculous amounts of work travel coming up, have booked for Barca, did Braga, have travelled a 300 mile round trip for various home games (all without a season ticket) and can not justify more time away from home with a 6 month old in such a short space of time.

People have valid reasons. Get over it.

W

WasStefan

The annual away season ticket holder superfan show i see. Here you go peasants here’s some left overs, even tickets we can’t sell on to keep our loyalty points above yours!

have fun suckers!

**** off mate, you are the worst type of person, condescending ********

D

Deleted member 4436

The annual away season ticket holder superfan show i see. Here you go peasants here’s some left overs, even tickets we can’t sell on to keep our loyalty points above yours!

have fun suckers!

**** off mate, you are the worst type of person, condescending ********

The irony is that their fellow “super fans” can’t be ****ed with this one either. Funny that.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with the sentiment about loyalty points, but there’s a deeper dynamic to the last point which has been treaded a million times on here so it doesn’t need to be gone over again - disposable income for people is one.

It sounds like you’re the type of person who wants to beat people with a stick because they might not be able to afford it or perhaps they can’t get the time off work midweek. Or perhaps, like me, you have ridiculous amounts of work travel coming up, have booked for Barca, did Braga, have travelled a 300 mile round trip for various home games (all without a season ticket) and can not justify more time away from home with a 6 month old in such a short space of time.

People have valid reasons. Get over it.

which is fine, but then it’s for these people who are unfortunate to understand that due to our position you can’t just waltz in when you like

it’s like if I was a Mancity fan I doubt I’d be able to get away ticket for them or home ticket for 80% of the matches....

until demand dissapears for whatever reason the people who only able to come handful times will be disadvantaged unfortuently

D

Deleted member 4436

which is fine, but then it’s for these people who are unfortunate to understand that due to our position you can’t just waltz in when you like

it’s like if I was a Mancity fan I doubt I’d be able to get away ticket for them or home ticket for 80% of the matches....

until demand dissapears for whatever reason the people who only able to come handful times will be disadvantaged unfortuently

But at no point has that been said recently? Someone decided to start a random thread about it and people dived in.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

..... No takers?

Really?

Shameful.
You seem sweet.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

..... No takers?

Really?

Shameful.

Talk about high horse. Sore about no takers for a ticket for a game you dont want to attend yourself? Have you shelled out money on a ticket you cant now resell? Oh dear, what a shame, never mind!

I've completely packed in going to away games because of the closed shop system that has developed where the only way of getting a ticket for away league games is via the closed shop members who sell half their tickets on. I've got no gripes with AST members or points holders who actually attend most games though as they are far more deserving than me. I'm out of the habit of going away now and I'm happy to watch away games on TV. Maybe the next jump might even be switching to watching home games on TV!

Last edited:

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

..... No takers?

Really?

Shameful.
Have a word. Hardly shameful as you put it, it's midweek, will most likely be teams full of reserves/youths and ticket prices are an absolute joke.
Fair play for anyone travelling up there but to slate others for not going is well over the top.
What is shameful is the ticket prices.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I’m immensely proud of our home and away followings selling out for every PL game.

And I don’t want the opp’y for work, financial and family reasons to go to all away games....in a similar way that I can’t get to every home game.

Well done to all who follow this magnificent club. Long may it continue.

D

Deleted member 4023

Football is just like real life - 'the haves' & the "have nots' I'm fortunate to be in a position to afford a season ticket & get to quite a few away games. It doesn't make me a better fan. We all support Wolves in our differrent ways - We haven"t (nor will we ever have) the fan base to be able to get unlimited support every game.
The reality is that there are people who will be lifelong fans of certain clubs who may never get to attend an actual game, due to personal circumstances or life choices.
Footballl used to be called 'the peoples game' - not anymore. Big business calls the shots
As for me personally - anybody who supports Wolves (regardless of the type of support) is ok with me. One Pack

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. Ironically this is the first away game (in all competitions) I will be missing this season. It's my little sis birthday and will be stuck in a restaurant with the rest of my extended family. I suppose I should now immediately hand back my AST ... in my defence I did go to a midweek Zenith Data Systems cup tie at Bramall Lane with a couple hundred other hardy souls about 30 years ago ( the definition of hardcore support ) ... and I think we still out numbered the home support ...
... seriously though I think OP (and I) are just giving a bit back in response to the endless criticism posted around away ticket allocation :p:p:p
Fair play for going to Armenia.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve been offered a ticket in home end but I’ve done that before and don’t enjoy it. All supporters/fans have their levels for support. Currently for me it’s money issues and obviously lack of tickets that limit my attending. Hoping all that will change later this year. I also like going with my brother and or dad - maybe I’m too picky! I’ve been to more away games than home to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom