Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Championship Wolves

D

Deleted member 3604

Would we (or rather could we) accept that?

To be a part of the Greed League may take greed itself and the insane salary demands gets passed on to us. Attendances are down and many see the product as unworthy and are not willing to pay what is necessary. They would rather spend their money on watching it in a pub - which is fair enough. Is the habitual sale of talent to those who will pay the wages and the consequences of a weakened team acceptable to us ?

In other words, we cannot have our cake and it.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waste of time building a new stadium then! May as well have filled the corners in.

D

Deleted member 3604

Waste of time building a new stadium then! May as well have filled the corners in.

Hindsight not allowed on this thread !

Besides it was common consensus that the stand should be nearer the pitch whatever league we are in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are my ambitions limited to not getting relegated? Yes

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

No it is not.....you'll fill anywhere if the pricing is right.

You know my views - REVOLUTION!........make the others see sense or rather recognise insanity...bring a bout change from a position of relative strength and safety i.e strike while the irons hot and you you have a hand on it!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it is not.....you'll fill anywhere if the pricing is right.

You know my views - REVOLUTION!........make the others see sense or rather recognise insanity...bring a bout change from a position of relative strength and safety i.e strike while the irons hot and you you have a hand on it!

Let's go to the conference and let everyone in free!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Let's go to the conference and let everyone in free!

V.good!....:D...If it is the 'conference' arranged to discuss the current situation and the action required...and they have tea and biccies on! :D

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worry/expect that in 10 years, the Premier League will consist of the 20 richest/nouveau riche clubs in England.

We're well on the way now.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this yesterday...
I enjoyed going to Wolves more in the Championship watching honest players (away team full of faries falling over) and 2 teams most of the time having a real go at each other.
The PL is masked up to be this great league, If your one of the big boys.
Now and again the little ones gate crash a game and then it's only because they played badly not how well the smaller teams play.

If only the money was shared out = and every team got the same then you could be in with a shout, but every weekend oe of the big teams live on sky or main radio coverage ect ect and they gain more £££££

The PL is full of Cow pat !!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There should have been a maximum investement limit IMO . Or something similiar.

How City can get 400m for their stadium being sponsored and we barely have 30m is disgraceful and not fair at all.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way smaller clubs may compete, is if there academy is brilliant and the coaching is very very high standard.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The only way smaller clubs may compete, is if there academy is brilliant and the coaching is very very high standard.

Indeed!....including a very good International scouting network.

The only way for us to progress as big money expenditure and high wages are not for us is through development and scouting.....and the selling of the odd player for silly money if they are good enough and wanted.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Indeed!....including a very good International scouting network.

....something we certainly haven't created judging by the last few years, Adlene excepted. Spying on Europe is difficult to do with one eye staring at the Emerald Isle.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
....something we certainly haven't created judging by the last few years, Adlene excepted. Spying on Europe is difficult to do with one eye staring at the Emerald Isle.

It does need addressing. If you have no 'plan' to buy' your way you have to have a valid alternative....even with Gueds, you can't say he has been a success untill a player becomes a regular...well it's how I see it.

Regarding Eire and NI it looks like might have come up trumps with Docherty....not forgetting Ward too!;)

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Or we could just get bought out bt some rich Arab!! 

yup!...some mad Arab that takes a liking to our colours and name would be great!

Or even a Wolves fanatic who wins the 20X rolled over Euro millions!

On that why don't we have a MM syndicate with a promise to "invest" in our club should we win....over a certain amount mid you!:D

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought this yesterday...
I enjoyed going to Wolves more in the Championship /QUOTE]

You must be joking.

Endless years of hell.

But how much of that was because we thought we should be playing at a higher level but actually ended up falling short year after year. The situation might be different in the future, where we dont underachieve or if the expectations of the fan base are more realistic given our standing in the game. It's nice to go to a games knowing that you have a better than 10% chance of winning the game. I prefer being in the prem though, overall.

Back
Top Bottom