Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Championship Atmospheres

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread on this, but just come across this article for the Yorkshire post stating Yorkshire clubs have the best atmosphere in the English second tier.
Sheff Utd being top and Leeds second. Wolves only rank 10th.
Will this survey be conducted fairly as I know the atmosphere created by away fans can be poor in the lower Steve Bull, so does this have bearing on an away fans perception of a good day out.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...best-atmosphere-in-the-championship-1-8815889

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read that newspaper when I was working away as far as I can remember their subtitle was something like "Yorkshire's World Newspaper". If you read it you wouldn't think the world existed outside of Yorkshire!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you go on any forum or speak to any mates who support other Championship sides, most of them will say Wolves is one of the worst away days in the league. Poor view, fans all spread out along the side so the songs and noise don't stick. Also I know this is separate from the atmosphere inside the ground but they barely have anywhere to drink either.

If I was an away fan I wouldn't bother with Wolves away after I'd done it once!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you go on any forum or speak to any mates who support other Championship sides, most of them will say Wolves is one of the worst away days in the league. Poor view, fans all spread out along the side so the songs and noise don't stick. Also I know this is separate from the atmosphere inside the ground but they barely have anywhere to drink either.

If I was an away fan I wouldn't bother with Wolves away after I'd done it once!
Suppose it depends what you are looking for, if you want a sanitised, sterile, plastic experience, it isn’t for you.

Personally I’d love an away day like one you could have in Wolverhampton, I admit though they probably don’t get a great view and would personally prefer to be behind a goal, but there’s a lot more to an away day IMO.

Being within spitting distance of the town centre, with reasonably priced beer, and the ground makes for an ideal away day for me as soon as I’ve got off the train. It at the most welcoming of places but I’m there for the football, not the theatre.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suppose it depends what you are looking for, if you want a sanitised, sterile, plastic experience, it isn’t for you.

Personally I’d love an away day like one you could have in Wolverhampton, I admit though they probably don’t get a great view and would personally prefer to be behind a goal, but there’s a lot more to an away day IMO.

Being within spitting distance of the town centre, with reasonably priced beer, and the ground makes for an ideal away day for me as soon as I’ve got off the train. It at the most welcoming of places but I’m there for the football, not the theatre.

They might be within spitting distance of the town centre with reasonably priced beer but they've barely anywhere to drink apart from the shed attached to the Premier Inn?

W

Wolfgang Wolf

They might be within spitting distance of the town centre with reasonably priced beer but they've barely anywhere to drink apart from the shed attached to the Premier Inn?

Many complain of being in spitting distance of the SB top tier.

E

Essex Wolf

Having now read the article all I can say is what a bias, pontificating, sanctimonious load of crap. I've been at one time or another to all those stadiums and the atmosphere at some of those above Wolves is similar to the moon so how the hell they came up with that list is anyones guess.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They wouldn't know an atmosphere if it came and **** right in the middle of their Yorkshire pud.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you get into town early enough and don’t wear colours you’d be able to get in a few places.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Our place can be good but not consistently noisy, not much I can say about it though, as I’m one of the quiet types in the crowd..!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Point is this is about atmosphere for the away fans.

What are your criteria for a good away match.
1. Terrace
2. Low roof for noise.
3. Behind goal
4. Compact section

On that basis the SB lower is going to be crap.

D

drewtwulf

Molineux can still create an electric atmosphere, especially when it's packed tight for a big-ish match and all of the stands get going a bit. Ths sound today was pretty good at times over the radio. Best stand in the division conducted over a season would be interesting for

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how about ranking them from a West Midlands View.

Obviously Molineux is no1.
A full Villa Park would be no 2, but that ain’t happening in the near future!

Back
Top Bottom