Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

CEO Jez Moxey

X

XDevonwolf

I thought it a good idea to place on record on our forum what the Official Wolves site quoted was said by the CEO Jez Moxey.

http://www.wolves.co.uk//news/article/ceo-responds-to-latest-speculation-280160.aspx?

“Our best players are not for sale and we want to keep them at Molineux and build the strongest possible team for the season ahead."

I hope this is true and proves to be the case at the start of the season.
IMO it is a bold statement and a good policy to have.
We will see if it will be achieved.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
But didn't he say only 2 weeks ago that we might sell? And didn't he say other things like (for a prem manager after MM) "We don't want a novice"; and "I'm really slim, me."

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
He has been stating it all along, it's just that people don't want to listen!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Jez, and I am not taking the Mick. I think he gets auful treatment, ok he is very well paid but being CEO of a £80m business that's in the media spotlight is not a job for the faint hearted.

Now having said all that I honestly believe he is just jacking the price up. In a few weeks he will have got Fetchers price up to £13/14m and this place will be in melt down about Jez's lies and what a git he is.

Of course Jez won't give a stuff, he is there to make these calls and take the flack - and I forgive him now in advance, it's just business.

And if all this does not come to pass and Fletcher is still here then great, but don't bet on it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

M

Monkey Man

Keep this thread up as we'll be laughing at the fat man when Fletcher is sold in the next 7 days for £10m plus add ons.

I look forward to his "Jarvis is going nowhere" quote very soon, followed by signing for QPR days later.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep this thread up as we'll be laughing at the fat man when Fletcher is sold in the next 7 days for £10m plus add ons.

I look forward to his "Jarvis is going nowhere" quote very soon, followed by signing for QPR days later.

As I said in my earlier post he is just jacking the price up. He will get the extra few million they are after and he will get slated on here for his lies, but everyone wins. Jez gets a bigger bonus, Fletcher gets a bigger slice, Morgan gets more income, and Fetchers agent gets his dip in the gravy.

S

Stratford Wolf

Does Moxey realise nobody believes a word he says ....

However come the start of the season if Fletcher is still here - I am happy to take it back - somehow I doubt it tho

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think the message really is "only for silly money will we sell" I am ok with that too

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of those suggesting that he's just ramping up the price before we sell him you are no doubt correct, and I don't mind. It's his job to get the best possible price. If this adds another few million quid to the price, great. That means the Jez is doing his job properly in my opinion.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
Stale said this on 10 July on the website " At the moment they (Fletch/Jarvo) are WW players, but there can be big fish out there who suddenly come in with an offer that's a once in a lifetime offer for them, and also a very good deal for the club."

OK it was Stale not Jez, but, of course, he's right. Every player has his price. Jez may be discouraging bids but selling at a top price cannot reasonably be ruled out.

S

Shergar

I thought it a good idea to place on record on our forum what the Official Wolves site quoted was said by the CEO Jez Moxey.

http://www.wolves.co.uk//news/article/ceo-responds-to-latest-speculation-280160.aspx?

“Our best players are not for sale and we want to keep them at Molineux and build the strongest possible team for the season ahead."

I hope this is true and proves to be the case at the start of the season.
IMO it is a bold statement and a good policy to have.
We will see if it will be achieved.

Poetic license, Moxey knows a lot about football and doesn't think/rate Fletcher as one of our best players.

H

Hatch End

Jizza should be in parliament.

What a perfect politician he would be.........loads of bull, tells blatant lies with a straight face and when he's found out casually denies he ever said it.

What a CEO we've got. The envy of the rest of football!................but his pies are carp!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
i think the message really is "only for very silly money will we sell" I am ok with that too

It's as simple as that.....although I have altered it slightly.

Big money will give us serious ammunition.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it with these things on here? Clearly SF is available at the right fee. Every player in the world is.
In the words of the old joke we've established the principle were just haggling over the price!
I will be amazed and dissapointed if we sell for £10million.

D

Deleted member 4008

Fletcher will go as will others if the deal is right for the club . It was in the clubs best interests to appoint Terry Connor after they ####ed the sacking up to save money . Also the ground shambles but that was pulled because we would look like the swimming with half full stadium.

I think we are well run with the finances but you don't win jack ###t with the best finances do you ????

X

XDevonwolf

What is it with these things on here? Clearly SF is available at the right fee. Every player in the world is.
In the words of the old joke we've established the principle were just haggling over the price!
I will be amazed and dissapointed if we sell for £10million.

Steve Bull wasn't.

J

johnybig32

Money talks.

So what if what Jez said turns out to be untrue. It will be for the best for the club.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money talks.

So what if what Jez said turns out to be untrue. It will be for the best for the club.

Indeed.

We all rejoiced when Mick came out and said that he'd only sell Doyle for £50 million.

2 seasons and 9 goals later, £15 million for Doyler wouldn't have been half bad!

Every player has their price and if we sell anyone for in excess of £12 million, we'll be in an excellent position financially to revamp the squad.

J

johnybig32

If Man City bid 100m for Messi. Barca would accept. Doesnt mean he would leave though.

Flecth could get injured, then what?

S

SimplyTheWolves

It's a difficult situation for all concerned, the club, the players in question, and us the fans. If the club really do intend on keeping our top players then I will be a happy chappy, but if we let them go purely for financial gain and little reinvestment in the squad then I won't be.

This is the time for Wolves and the players to keep strong and stand their ground if they mean what they say, only time will tell whether they do or not.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nothing wrong with what Jez has said... if we get an offer we simply cannot refuse, then we will have to sell. until then, all offers will be rejected...

as long as we get the right money, i'm ok with it - jez has a pretty good record when it comes to signings and players sold - so for the moment, i'm not whining like a big girl...

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the money wolves receive for fletcher will go back into the squad. Are people forgetting there is a ground to develop?

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I like Jez, and I am not taking the Mick. I think he gets auful treatment, ok he is very well paid but being CEO of a £80m business that's in the media spotlight is not a job for the faint hearted.

Now having said all that I honestly believe he is just jacking the price up. In a few weeks he will have got Fetchers price up to £13/14m and this place will be in melt down about Jez's lies and what a git he is.

Of course Jez won't give a stuff, he is there to make these calls and take the flack - and I forgive him now in advance, it's just business.

And if all this does not come to pass and Fletcher is still here then great, but don't bet on it.

Absolutely right, weird as it sounds Jez Moxey is one of the most under-rated assets of the club.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jez's bull$$$$ results in us losing Fletcher and Jarvis for an extra £2m then he can carry on Bull$$$$ting for all I care

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't say there is absolutely zero chance of Fletch or Jarvis leaving can he?

He's said that they aren't for sale and that it will take a substantial offer for that to change. Which if true is great stuff as it shows the club aren't looking to cash in on them like many predicted.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My car isn't 'for sale' but if someone offered me £20k for it then I might sell it. I never believe a word that Poker Face Jez says when it comes to transfers, but I'm confident that, if we do sell Fletcher and/or Jarvis, we'll get a good deal.

C

cooper_J

Moxey is just trying to engineer a better price. I don't see what is wrong with that.

S

SCB

Re Fletcher and Jarvis.

There are many stupid football clubs out there - just look at Pool.

So if a stupid bid comes in Wolves should consider it seriously.

Moxey must!

:cool:

G

glastowolf

My god, a Moxey thread that for once appears to be dominated with sensible supportive comments for the man. What has happened to all the usual numpties who continue to berrate him at every opportunity? Away on their Industrial fortnight break perhaps?

Stay strong at the negotiating table Moxey, and recognition / appreciation of you endeavors will abound......

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only gripe with JM is that he should have a PR person in place who actually knows what they r doing. Other than that, from an operating and financial perspective I think he does a grand job

Bromsgrove_Wolf

Reaction score
There are 2 factors involved with the possibilty of outbound players - a large enough amount of money being offered (and accepted by Jez) and the named player wanting to leave.

As it stands, Jez has issued a hands off statement and neither Kights, Jarvo or Fletch have seemed like they want out.

Until that happens, I'm impressed and pleased that Jez is acting as he is. Keep it up and retain our players/ get us as much money as you can. This is your job and in this instance you're doing very well....*Awaits £8m + season long loan of Wickham to be accepted for SF*

D

Deleted member 4023

Jez is just doing his job. Fletcher & all the players are expendable if the right offer comes along. Yes some of them owe a debt of gratitude/loyalty to the club-whether they repay that debt or take the money - only they know the answer to that one. The next few days till the end of the window will see frantic activity as clubs struggle to get players in/replace ones who leave

J

JakeWolves

It's bitterly disappointing to see the sale of the squad's top players edge closer, but we can trust Moxey to get the best possible price, that's for sure.

Best case scenario would be that his hard bargaining puts off the interested clubs altogether. We can dream.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
It's bitterly disappointing to see the sale of the squad's top players edge closer, but we can trust Moxey to get the best possible price, that's for sure.

Best case scenario would be that his hard bargaining puts off the interested clubs altogether. We can dream.

Is Jez going to sell Fletch like selling stuff on Ebay?

Waiting until the final second of the transfer window while watching the price rise higher and higher.

And if no bidding war materialises, no silly money paid, then no worries, he remains a Wolves player.

A win win situation.

Back
Top Bottom