Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Centre Back

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my view our defence needs strengthening and we have been linked with Mina, Pepe, Rojo and Lindelof already this summer. Do Mixers think any of these are the answer or if not who would you like us to sign.

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my view our defence needs strengthening and we have been linked with Mina, Pepe, Rojo and Lindelof already this summer. Do Mixers think any of these are the answer or if not who would you like us to sign.
Alfie Mawson just go get him forget rojo and pepi

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would definitely be looking at a CB signing. At present we have Boly, Coady, Saiss and Bennett as genuine first team options, with Hause and Batth in reserve. There is still plenty scope for improvement there in all honesty and it would be a mistake not to IMO.

Hause is young and has plenty of potential so I would keep him as back up. Batth however should be replaced. The PremierLeague I think is a real stretch for him and we would get a decent fee from any number of EFL clubs. As a homegrown player this would also provide a useful contribution in our FFP calculations. He really shouldn't be getting too many minutes for us anyhow. I like Lindelof and Mina personally, though I would have also liked to see us go for Mawson.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't address this area in the next 10 days.

Last edited:
K

Kingswinford Wolf

Mina would be great but it's a shame we aren't even looking at Mawson by the sounds of it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mina would be great but it's a shame we aren't even looking at Mawson by the sounds of it.

As someone else pointed out, given his birthplace is relatively local to Fulham, I think if they are in for him, he wouldn’t be interested in coming to Molineux . If we were an established top 6 team, perhaps different, but then likely we wouldn’t be looking at him.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the most important position we need to fill imo. We built on solid foundations last season and we need to do the same again. We've upgraded Ruddy and we need to do the same with Bennett. I don't think Saiss is the answer.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the most important position we need to fill imo. We built on solid foundations last season and we need to do the same again. We've upgraded Ruddy and we need to do the same with Bennett. I don't think Saiss is the answer.

I'm happy with Bennet I think he is a very consistent player.

My concern is Coady being bullied by stronger and quicker strikers and see Saiss as our other option here rather than DB who should make way for a better player which we are obviously looking at due to the amount being linked.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’re too late for him, seems to be going to Fulham :(

Seems that way, but plenty of deals have been hijacked at the last minute. Didn't Fulham hijack one of our deals a few years ago when the player was at Wolves having his medical? cant remember who it was now, a midfielder?

C

Craddockinho

Alfie Mawson isn’t the quality of player we are making him out to be.

Watched him a few times last season and to be honest, if he wasn’t young and English, he wouldn’t be being plucked from the Swans.

The stats back it up to, one of the least impactful centre-backs in the PL last season, ok he played for a poor team, but still something doesn’t add up with the Mawson hype.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get the hype around Mawson either to be honest.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
Pepe would be immense although it is hard to believe whether or not we are interested in him. Probably my first choice to be honest

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems that way, but plenty of deals have been hijacked at the last minute. Didn't Fulham hijack one of our deals a few years ago when the player was at Wolves having his medical? cant remember who it was now, a midfielder?
Steve Sidwell

S

Shifnal Wolf

I would rather see Bennett play RCB than Saiis.

It won’t be a popular choice, but I’d bring in Chester.

I’d also bring in Clyne for the RWB position.

MutchAdo

Reaction score

Clyne will be playing for Liverpool with TAA as the other option. Gomez will be moving to the middle. No way Liverpool will let him go.

D

Deleted member 4456

Alfie Mawson wants to be in London, which is why he was a non-starter.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why would a Liverpool first teamer move to join us?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm also in the camp that worries more about Coady than Bennett. He did very well last season but Mitrovic scared the life out of me against him and I'm worried that will be a sign of things to come. He won't get the time and space he used so well last year.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm also in the camp that worries more about Coady than Bennett. He did very well last season but Mitrovic scared the life out of me against him and I'm worried that will be a sign of things to come. He won't get the time and space he used so well last year.

How many strikers are there like Mitrovic in the prem? If he was going to be bullied, it's more likely to have happened against the big bruisers in the championship.

Prem is all about movement and pace

K

Knocker Lite

Agree on Bennett and Clyne is a good option, don't agree on Chester.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were also linked with Vida, (the Croat at Besiktas), early in the summer who is apparently still looking for a move. Had a good World Cup and, failing Mina, he'd be ok. But it really depends on if we are looking for a stand-in for Coady (i.e. a ball-player) or a simple stopper like Boly, Bennett, Batth.

D

deswulf

Always like Ben Gibson, i reckon he could be a decent option !

S

Shifnal Wolf

Clyne will be playing for Liverpool with TAA as the other option. Gomez will be moving to the middle. No way Liverpool will let him go.

They have some books to balance and TAA will be number 1 IMO

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were also linked with Vida, (the Croat at Besiktas), early in the summer who is apparently still looking for a move. Had a good World Cup and, failing Mina, he'd be ok. But it really depends on if we are looking for a stand-in for Coady (i.e. a ball-player) or a simple stopper like Boly, Bennett, Batth.
Describing Wily as a simple stopper is a bit harsh imo.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon they'll all do alright. Give 'em a chance, they've earned it. Pleased to see Saiss pulled back to the back 3 too, plays more to his strengths.

Back
Top Bottom