Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cav Scores Again for Fulham

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always felt that Cav knew where the goals are and was disappointed when we loaned him out but hopefully we will not miss him too much with the signings of Cutrone and Neto.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing as a winger there which we do not play, good for him, we all know he's a good Championship winger

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Great goal again Fulham looking good for the 2-0 lead

Y

Yout85

I'm currently in London and had the misfortune of encountering the Milwall fans on the way to the game....

I am glad they are losing 2-0 and having 11% (lol) possession so far. Hope it gets much worse for them in the 2nd half.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

I was surprised and disappointed that we let him go... Felt he could still offer us something from the bench - e.g. like against Southampton at home. Perhaps he wasn't happy only playing a bit part role.
He's starting every game so maybe he would rather be there

D

Deleted member 5340

Nice one Cav...Keep knocking em in and bumping up your price tag,oooOOOOOOSH!!!

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Anyone know how much the option is for Fulham to buy him?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Cav, but how many lower premier league or even the promoted teams were in for him?
He's a great championship player and I hope he rips the **** to shreds when he plays against them.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Millwall up to 15% possession, though I guess they have kicked off five times...

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two goals, an assist, almost a third just now. Probably too good for the Championship but must be confident that he can return to the Premier with Fulham.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He is a brilliant Championship winger and would do a job for Newcastle, Villa etc but with our formation he often came on and was a bit of a detriment as he couldn't play the 9 or 10. If we can get the reported £12 million for him it would be good deal for Fulham and us.

D

Deleted member 4023

I'm currently in London and had the misfortune of encountering the Milwall fans on the way to the game....

I am glad they are losing 2-0 and having 11% (lol) possession so far. Hope it gets much worse for them in the 2nd half.

Make sure you don't meet them on the way back then :D

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a brilliant Championship winger and would do a job for Newcastle, Villa etc but with our formation he often came on and was a bit of a detriment as he couldn't play the 9 or 10. If we can get the reported £12 million for him it would be good deal for Fulham and us.
Costa worth more than Cav??

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I always felt that Cav knew where the goals are and was disappointed when we loaned him out but hopefully we will not miss him too much with the signings of Cutrone and Neto.

We all know he's a good winger at Championship level. He'll score 10-12 in that side this season. Do we need a thread every time?

We don't play with wingers anymore so we loaned him and Helder out and signed two backup strikers instead.
This.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo he is in his favoured position and at his most productive level.

This. Cav, Costa, along with Jota and Neves to an extent, relied on their technical superiority to excel in the chump.
Once that gap is narrowed in the prem, they’re all less effective....to varying degrees.
Jota and Neves have other attributes that can still make them threats at this level, but Cav and Costa not so much.

Thanks to what he helped us to, and glad he’s back playing regularly and you’d imagine enjoying his football again.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Option to buy is 12m. We bought.him for 7 was it. Hes doing well getting goals and assists I watched him in the game last week before his goal though and he was wasteful and very not at the races. Think commentary described him as inconsistent and a bit mercurial. Good for costa to get an assist too. Happy for both players but they dont fit the system and they dont fit wolves ambitions anymore it's a shame they will find there way and I'm sure at least one of them will be in the premier next year.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was surprised and disappointed that we let him go... Felt he could still offer us something from the bench - e.g. like against Southampton at home. Perhaps he wasn't happy only playing a bit part role.

I too was both surprised and disappointed we let him go.
Would have been a very useful squad player capable especially bearing in mind our European matches....

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant from Cav. He may not be good enough for a club aiming for the Premier League top 6. But he's far too good for the Championship.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that we don't play with wingers and that he's brilliant at Championship level? If not, can I say it?
No, never mentioned, similar to Bright's decision making, that was never mentioned either. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3751

Brilliant from Cav. He may not be good enough for a club aiming for the Premier League top 6. But he's far too good for the Championship.
Yep, he is. Pretty sure he has a flat in London or something (was certainly mentioned that he does) and that could well have had a bearing on where he went as opposed to the suggestions that he's 'just' a Championship player

Back
Top Bottom