Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
What’s with all the yellow? Check out these beauties from my loft. I don’t care what the official Patone is, these are the colours I want Wolves gear in.View attachment 22880
It's an age thing, we did go very orange at one point in the 80s and 90s. This year's shirt is spot on 60s and 70s colour for me.

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's an age thing, we did go very orange at one point in the 80s and 90s. This year's shirt is spot on 60s and 70s colour for me.
True, I guess the shade you grew up with as a kid is the one you associate most with Wolves. That 82-87 Umbro kit is the definitive one for me despite most of those years being an utterly horrendous time to support Wolves.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The white and grey been on DH Gate for weeks, along with the Home, before that was released, and was spot on, so expect the white and grey are the ones for away shirts.

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cmon Wolves let’s have a CB unveiling the Way kit and a CM unveiling the 3rd kit. Never forget the Saturday morning reveal of Neves and the black away kit. Great kit. Great player. Great times.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
True, I guess the shade you grew up with as a kid is the one you associate most with Wolves. That 82-87 Umbro kit is the definitive one for me despite most of those years being an utterly horrendous time to support Wolves.
Exactly. That orange screams Hull City to me:) The 80s were horrible, thankfully I had memories of the 70s to tide me over. My older family members thought the 70s crap as they had experienced the 50s.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both kits are glorious in my opinion and way way better than the Adidas black and gold pinstripe and the white W88, if you liked those you’ll love these I assure ya
That’s good to hear as I think this years home shirt is the best since the W88 shirt and that white one was a particular favourite of mine. It’s the last time I bought both home and away shirts.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming this isn't a windup, that's pretty nice and I could even live with the shoulder thingies. The collar and sleeve-end black/gold piping is very effective. Best of all, the white background colour even hides a little of the sponsor-logo's hideousness! Fingers crossed :)
And I even like this... it's another "leisure market" shirt that's been in vogue over the last couple of years but I think it's very effective.

... assuming they're pucker, as I say.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Assuming this isn't a windup, that's pretty nice and I could even live with the shoulder thingies. The collar and sleeve-end black/gold piping is very effective. Best of all, the white background colour even hides a little of the sponsor-logo's hideousness! Fingers crossed :)

And I even like this... it's another "leisure market" shirt that's been in vogue over the last couple of years but I think it's very effective.

... assuming they're pucker, as I say.
The logo does look less offensive on a white background.

The McDonalds logo poker chip also doesn’t look too bad when the rest of the lettering is white (like on the green ‘Mexico’ kit), it’s just on the gold shirt when the rest of the sponsor is in black that it particularly stands out.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The logo does look less offensive on a white background.

The McDonalds logo poker chip also doesn’t look too bad when the rest of the lettering is white (like on the green ‘Mexico’ kit), it’s just on the gold shirt when the rest of the sponsor is in black that it particularly stands out.
Yes, exactly that... the McD/Chip thing just pops too much on the gold shirt

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing it like that as against the Twitter close up. If it’s that I won’t be buying it. The white one may get my attention though.

I wasn't keen on that other close up pic Nige,and I'm not keen on this one.But the more I look at it I reckon it would look nice in the flesh so to speak.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't keen on that other close up pic Nige,and I'm not keen on this one.But the more I look at it I reckon it would look nice in the flesh so to speak.
It would be better if black like the text, but it’s their logo so they’d have to agree to that like W88 did.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is easily up there with some of the worst Wolves shirts ever.

There's a recent trend of having wacky designs, I think to make it doubly hard to copy shirts.

Looking at some of Castore's other efforts it does seem to be a theme. I wish they'd make the wackiness a little more discreet - a bit like a watermark on money.

It does show we're getting our own designs, just wish they were better. Burnley have there badge woven in to the fabric of their away shirt, it looks dead smart and not wacky.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this, saying it’s released shortly and is the away top.

Attachments

• B94F0376-83F8-4C48-AD7C-4669463FE584.jpeg
    B94F0376-83F8-4C48-AD7C-4669463FE584.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 78

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I may wait for the white one Steve mate.

Back
Top Bottom