Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Think they are banned from 2023, could be wrong. However I think the deal with manbet expires June/ July

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
What are the new rules regarding using betting companies as shirt sponsors ?
Is still allowed.

Rumours are that the long awaited report will recommend a ban (at Premier League level) from start of 23/24 season. And a phased removal in the lower leagues over a number of season.
Although this Government are so in bed with the betting industry, they will probably toss it in the bin.

There is definitely a trend of Prem teams moving away from betting firms though - Palace have just replaced our old friends W88 with Cinch.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is still allowed.

Rumours are that the long awaited report will recommend a ban (at Premier League level) from start of 23/24 season. And a phased removal in the lower leagues over a number of season.
Although this Government are so in bed with the betting industry, they will probably toss it in the bin.

There is definitely a trend of Prem teams moving away from betting firms though - Palace have just replaced our old friends W88 with Cinch.
So they've replaced a betting company with a car finance company, another prime route for people getting into debt,I can remember the fuss on here when The Money Shop were our sponsors.

FWIW though, I don't think a football shirt not having a betting company on it will do anything to stop an addict from having a bet. Gambling addiction is an age old problem and was around long before the advent of online gambling and betting sponsorship.

How long before climate protesters start lobbying the government to ban airline sponsorships due to their effects on the environment?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

So they've replaced a betting company with a car finance company, another prime route for people getting into debt,I can remember the fuss on here when The Money Shop were our sponsors.

FWIW though, I don't think a football shirt not having a betting company on it will do anything to stop an addict from having a bet. Gambling addiction is an age old problem and was around long before the advent of online gambling and betting sponsorship.

How long before climate protesters start lobbying the government to ban airline sponsorships due to their effects on the environment?
The thing is nobody watches football and looks at either the shirts or the advertising hoardings and says " i know what i'll do, i'll bet my weeks wages on something because i just saw the betting adverts". In fact on our shirts and advertising hoardings unless you were Chinese you wouldn't even know what they meant!
And as for website sponsors...lol. One minute they are flush, the next flushed down the pan.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score

We could argue the toss all night about how the promotion of gambling is directly linked to growing numbers of addicts, but it is true. Yes, gambling has always been there, but its normalisation has caused addiction on an unprecedented scale - to a whole new generation of people.
The statistics back this up.
If we stop normalising gambling, addiction will reduce (reduce, not vanish completely). I work in advertising and the gambling industry is terrified of a ban, which tells you all you need to know.

BTY, Cinch is a car retailer, not a finance company. And in any case, borrowing is not the same as gambling.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BTY, Cinch is a car retailer, not a finance company. And in any case, borrowing is not the same as gambling.
It's still an easy way of getting into debt, so you could argue just as bad as gambling.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

We could argue the toss all night about how the promotion of gambling is directly linked to growing numbers of addicts, but it is true. Yes, gambling has always been there, but its normalisation has caused addiction on an unprecedented scale - to a whole new generation of people.
The statistics back this up.
If we stop normalising gambling, addiction will reduce (reduce, not vanish completely). I work in advertising and the gambling industry is terrified of a ban, which tells you all you need to know.

There's nothing wrong with having a flutter on anything. Its when you get addicted to it, but adverts aren't the root cause. It's more to do with people's personalities. Some can bet all their lives and not become addicted. Some just pile in there and go completely mental.
When i say addicted, i mean like taking loans out to bet, or running up huge credit card debts, not having a quid on the nags once a week.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

And i'll add that you don't see any adverts for Heroin, Cocaine or weed. There are thousands of addicts out there though. If you were going to do anything about gambling ads then take them off the TV. They have phone numbers and web addys in the advert. It's much more likely they get hits from that than football shirts.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
It's still an easy way of getting into debt, so you could argue just as bad as gambling.
Not true. Legitimate borrowing is means tested and lenders check your credit history in an attempt to: a) make sure you can afford it and b) make sure you have a proven track record of managing your money. Gambling firms do neither. It’s not in a lender’s interest for you to over-stretch, but gambling companies will take your money regardless.

But let’s get back to footballing matters… Apols admin.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And i'll add that you don't see any adverts for Heroin, Cocaine or weed. There are thousands of addicts out there though. If you were going to do anything about gambling ads then take them off the TV. They have phone numbers and web addys in the advert. It's much more likely they get hits from that than football shirts.
Imagine if hard drugs were advertised. I'm fairly sure they'd be even more drug addicts.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Imagine if hard drugs were advertised. I'm fairly sure they'd be even more drug addicts.
I'm sure I read that post alcohol being banned from Sports sponsoring, that figure of alcohol abuse/hospitalisation have remained at a constant if not had slight increases.

Smoking is decreasing since it's advertising ban, however there are significant changes to society as whole that are affecting that figure compared to alcohol.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I'm sure I read that post alcohol being banned from Sports sponsoring, that figure of alcohol abuse/hospitalisation have remained at a constant if not had slight increases.

Smoking is decreasing since it's advertising ban, however there are significant changes to society as whole that are affecting that figure compared to alcohol.
Exactly. It's not adverts per se, more people's personalities, and probably the biggest factor being peer groups. One thing everyone should know (as we were all young once) is that telling young people they shouldn't be doing something has the opposite effect. Whether it's good for their health(or bank balance) or not is irrelevant!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Not true. Legitimate borrowing is means tested and lenders check your credit history in an attempt to: a) make sure you can afford it and b) make sure you have a proven track record of managing your money. Gambling firms do neither. It’s not in a lender’s interest for you to over-stretch, but gambling companies will take your money regardless.

But let’s get back to footballing matters… Apols admin.
Apart from the pay day loan people, who didn't regulate at all. They just charged 1200% interest, but literally anyone could get a loan from them.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

True, but the incessant gambling ads on tele don't help addicts. Those recovering, or trying to, are attempting to quit the habit, but are faced with constant cues to just have another go... go on lad, this could be the one. The whole 'industry' needs to vanish back in to the back streets.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ordered the new grey away shirt with fluorescent green piping. It’s arrived, and looks class up front and close.

I’m a bit snobby about people wearing football shirts on holiday, but even I might take this one with me.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
My local team, Almeria have signed with Castore. No mention of them supplying us in the press release

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-12-09-44-33-952_com.yinzcam.lfp.alm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-12-09-44-33-952_com.yinzcam.lfp.alm.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 57

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My sons match day warm up kit arrived today, absolute quality, love it, im getting one tomorrow. Please castore release this as kit 3.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
new stuff added today, included the desirable black hoodies after last season's quick sell-out........and they've sold out again already unless you're a pygmy.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Are these ones the mythical water impervious ones?
Really poor.

They’ve got ‘new’ next to them on the website yet they’re sold out already.

What’s the problem?

Supply chain problems so we can’t get enough in stock or bad forecast data on how many they might sell?

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
new stuff added today, included the desirable black hoodies after last season's quick sell-out........and they've sold out again already unless you're a pygmy.
I am the only one who doesn't get excited about those hoodies (or the matching t shirts). Well expensive for a plain hoodie with a MASSIVE Castore logo and no Wolves badge, just text. The rest of the travel range is so much better.

AberWolf

Reaction score
I am the only one who doesn't get excited about those hoodies (or the matching t shirts). Well expensive for a plain hoodie with a MASSIVE Castore logo and no Wolves badge, just text. The rest of the travel range is so much better.
Agreed - just something for the twitterati to get hot under the collar about

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, I bought one of these instead for cycling but i could wear this out easy enough...seems like a much better top and much more subtle.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Don't buy much tbh, but am really interested in one of the hoodies. Does anyone know if the club shop stock and the on-line stock are one and the same?

Back
Top Bottom