Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were they templates? I don't recall other kits that looked the same.

I assume you can show me the West Germany template in different colours?

Boca Juniors and Cork City spring to mind.

Loads of countries and clubs had the Holland 88 template. Germany had it in a green away shirt. Porto had it in blue, Dortmund had it in yellow.

Attachments

• 5ACD0D56-16F5-412B-818B-1AE36AFCD0E4.png
    5ACD0D56-16F5-412B-818B-1AE36AFCD0E4.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1523072B-266C-470D-879A-DB74A0B7E7D1.jpeg
    1523072B-266C-470D-879A-DB74A0B7E7D1.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 5

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believe it or not but some of us born in the borough actually did okay in life and spending £80 isn't a trade-off between buying a shirt or feeding the kids for a week

Good for you. There’s another quarter of a million people in the city though

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was very disappointed that Adidas didn’t bother making anything for the club shop different to the usually chavvy crap with weird logos and 157 colours

Surely could make some tasteful stuff but obviously decided there’s no market for it
How hard would it have been to add woven badges to the originals line. Would have sold like proverbial hotcakes.

An opportunity missed by Wolves and Adidas. Decent quality t-shirts, track suits and jackets that Adidas already make in black with gold stripes. Not ****ing difficult is it?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boca Juniors and Cork City spring to mind.

Loads of countries and clubs had the Holland 88 template. Germany had it in a green away shirt. Porto had it in blue, Dortmund had it in yellow.
Well there you go. A good point, well made.

I love how the Cork City kit sprung to mind too. Because obviously Cork City are massive and everyone should know.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well there you go. A good point, well made.

I love how the Cork City kit sprung to mind too. Because obviously Cork City are massive and everyone should know.
in fairness they've been in Europe more than us recently ;)

And he probably remembers it from their epic victory on away goals over Cwmbran Town A.F.C. in the 93/94 Champions league preliminary round

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do appear woven which is a huge step up imo.

are they? i thought they looked shiny and same as adidas ones - which completely put me off the training gear

how do you know and do you have pic to prove??

i don't know why but this is a make-or-break matter to me. if castore do nice clean designs and it's a woven badge, then my bank account is over

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in fairness they've been in Europe more than us recently ;)

And he probably remembers it from their epic victory on away goals over Cwmbran Town A.F.C. in the 93/94 Champions league preliminary round

Cwmbran Town had quite the fall. They’re in the 5th tier of Welsh football now

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a very interesting and exciting deal. Interesting that Castore have said they only wanted to be involved in a club that was going to challenge for European football. Would lead me to believe that they have been told we intend to have a good go at getting back into Europe from next season.

definitely - watch the video with our marketing chap, he's talking about challenging for top four - the big tease

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the looks of it it definitely appears a good business decision and fits into what’s written in the press release and in the statement following the ESL announcement, namely we’re looking to disrupt and do things differently.

Whilst we all love Wolves in the minds of the established kit suppliers we’re not anything special and therefore we get templates kit and don’t get the commercial benefits of selling merchandised clothing. Looking at this deal we get something unique (not sure how unique a football kit can be) and the ability to keep more money from what is sold to fans, plus greater range. If we are as successful as we want to be, clothing sales will increase and we can leverage the name Wolves for own benefit not for the benefit of Adidas or Nike.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From a business strategy it's all about vertical integration. Take the likes of Netflix who were established at the end of the supply chain as a platform to distribute films and TV shows created by other content creators. They then procured and developed the ability to do it themselves, cutting out a dependency (and cost efficiencies) implicit when you partner up with another company. Or Amazon who started as a book re-seller and now own their own media production output. Or Apple Inc a few years ago who bought up the chip manufacturer that supplied them (and also affected their competitors). All very smart examples of business strategy...

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ranger, McLaren, Lazio and now us; all in the space of less than a year, shows they really mean business.

Andy Murray is also a shareholder, so maybe that could open doors! ;)

And so are the billionaire Issa brothers, who have about 11% in the company and recently brought Asda for several billion, after building up the EG Service Stations empire!

The corporate opportunities around this deal are simply unbelievable

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet they’re chuffed to bits about today’s announcement. I wonder how many phone calls have been made about the European ambition. I would be checking the contract clauses very carefully if I was them to see what get outs they have.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Hmmmmm no mention of us on the Castore website. Not very impressive

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
interesting at end of castore website article - "Castore will partner with 5 leading clubs across Europe for the 2022/2023 season"

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So they are making the players and managers kit, and wolves making the stuff to sell in shop? Did I hear the interview right?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly sounds like we're taking production of the Wolf Call aftershave in house. Maybe Jeff's set up a production lab in his garage....

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
that's better - cheers
It is better but I'm a stickler for getting things right - no where in the article do they call us Wolverhampton Wanderers yet they then mention Glasgow Rangers (they are just called Rangers).

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is better but I'm a stickler for getting things right - no where in the article do they call us Wolverhampton Wanderers yet they then mention Glasgow Rangers (they are just called Rangers).
To be fair, everyone knows who Wolves are. They probably added the Glasgow bit for people who don’t know who Rangers are or where they’re from! :p

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
are they? i thought they looked shiny and same as adidas ones - which completely put me off the training gear

how do you know and do you have pic to prove??

i don't know why but this is a make-or-break matter to me. if castore do nice clean designs and it's a woven badge, then my bank account is over
I don't know. I've deduced they're woven from some unclear black and white photos. I may be totally wrong. But **** it, I'm nailing my colours to the mast - so they're woven.

el gringo

Reaction score
A video just popped up on my social media about Castore and I started to watch it - it's 7 minutes long. Got bored of them talking about "fan experience", how much better their cloth is, and whatever the eff else. This on the day of the announcement of Nuno's departure. Seven minutes on shirts and a few social media lines on the future of the club. Lines that told us only one thing, AFAICT.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
A video just popped up on my social media about Castore and I started to watch it - it's 7 minutes long. Got bored of them talking about "fan experience", how much better their cloth is, and whatever the eff else. This on the day of the announcement of Nuno's departure. Seven minutes on shirts and a few social media lines on the future of the club. Lines that told us only one thing, AFAICT.
Seems mad they released that on the same day it could have waited surely

cowshed

Reaction score
I did not realise Sir Andy Murray was involved with this company. Wolves are his English football club.

D

Deleted member 11332

interesting at end of castore website article - "Castore will partner with 5 leading clubs across Europe for the 2022/2023 season"

Us and Newcastle are 2. Take from that what you wish.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just bumping this up so the news of Castore is not lost amongst the Nuno angst.

I’ve seen loads of ********* on social media promoting brands and getting free stuff so I fully expect Wolves and Castore to send me their entire 21/22 range through the post.

Seriously though I’m pleased about this. The Castore stuff I’ve seen made for others looks great.

D

Deleted member 11157

Will the fit be free and crispy or will it light up the moob holders like lamping rabbits. I will encouraged if they present a short with inner mesh gusset. Something sadly lacking in recent events and not at all favourable to keen swimmers or those that suffer from jock itch. Enquiring minds and all that ... Mmmmm

Back
Top Bottom