Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore kits

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being ditched by Villa after player complaints and also ditched by Newcastle.

Rubbish brand.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being ditched by Villa after player complaints and also ditched by Newcastle.

Rubbish brand.

I suspect Newcastle ditching Castore has more to do with the small value of the sponsorship deal than concerns about the kit quality.

The larger sports brands sell tons of product in Saudi, so I think would now be willing to offer more generous terms to Newcastle with their Saudi owners.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like it.
Like the fact it’s something different and not just one of the standard brands everyone has.
I’ve disliked most of the second and third kit designs, but imagine that is the clubs choice more than Castore.
Any problems I’m sure they can work on and improve.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard from someone who worked at the club that Castore was going too!

fleck1

Reaction score
Personally don't buy a lot of club merchandise so cant really comment on whether its of lower quality of what Castore sell themselves. I've been a fan of their clothing for a few years, always find their hoodies, jackets and sportwear to be of a very good quality

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
I'v purchased the training and match day t-shirts (ok, I'm a cheapskate and wait until they have an offer on!) and been very impressed - can't comment on the entire range though.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 million revenue??? You sure that’s right? That’s about 120,000 shirts

Yeh i'm not sure on the breakdowns, weren't adidas paying us £3million per season, but i'm not sure if we made more on top through the whole range?
This is all income which can be used against FFP.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally don't buy a lot of club merchandise so cant really comment on whether its of lower quality of what Castore sell themselves. I've been a fan of their clothing for a few years, always find their hoodies, jackets and sportwear to be of a very good quality
I bought my son the castore wolves jacket for xmas, its very cheaply made you could buy 3 better jackets for cheaper from bescott market.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 million revenue??? You sure that’s right? That’s about 120,000 shirts
Castore pays Newcastle (pre Saudi takeover contract) about £5m a year. Newcastle have bigger home crowds, but I suspect probably a similar global fan base to us, and at the time the contract was signed, were around the same level or below in the PL.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because a lot of middle aged men would buy dog poo if it had an adidas badge on it.

Is that a bit of your inner Basil Fawlty coming through SBK !!!!

" That sort would wear a dog turd around their neck if it were made of gold ! "

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Castore pays Newcastle (pre Saudi takeover contract) about £5m a year. Newcastle have bigger home crowds, but I suspect probably a similar global fan base to us, and at the time the contract was signed, were around the same level or below in the PL.
Having worked round Newcastle a fair bit I’d say they sell considerably more replica shirts for a brand than Wolves do. That black and white shirt seems to get used for work, weddings, court appearances, funerals, bar mitzvah’s, Friday nights out and everything in between. To some it’s less of a shirt and more of a tattoo

fleck1

Reaction score
Having worked round Newcastle a fair bit I’d say they sell considerably more replica shirts for a brand than Wolves do. That black and white shirt seems to get used for work, weddings, court appearances, funerals, bar mitzvah’s, Friday nights out and everything in between. To some it’s less of a shirt and more of a tattoo

Don't know how accurate that is, but far more than us there.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
The long sleeve zip ups are really nice. Had a couple for last few Christmases and they are my go-to comfy home wear items!!
Indeed...those are very comfy and stylish!
Even the Castore t-shirts have remained in good shape, compared to the previous years Adidas crap that went Sponge-Bob format after the second washing machine round.
Me like Castore gear, and I haven't even bought any Pro gear yet.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never buy anything from the club shop other than for my children. This is the first season i have even considered buying it for myself.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa’s shirts caused or experienced excessive sweating … started with the Ladies team and then others commented on similar issues.
I remember that but I don’t think we have had similar problems?

I have some Castore golf shirts and they are good quality.

bigwolf

Reaction score

I remember going to a strip bar in Newcastle once and the strippers were painted in the Newcastle home strip. Was bizarre watching the local chaps ogling the painted strip more than the women.

Should point out I was forced to attend the venue. Honest.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are we getting?

Gary introduced them apparently

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the castore stuff but it's expensive. Always have a dabble in the lottery and have yet to be disappointed.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now, im not clued up on this stuff. But arent we worse off if we DONT get a brand ?

Either way im happy Castore are going, never really like their stuff in terms of design and template etc. for quality theyre good

Back
Top Bottom