Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Carlos Carvalhal

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting piece with him on Sky Sports News earlier. Bruno's ex boss. Spoke very well about him.

Very interesting that he speaks with Bruno regularly and the mention of only having 15 or 16 players came out.

The impression I got from this piece is he thinks Bruno is doing very well considering the resources.

Someone may be able to put the piece up on here.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Interesting piece with him on Sky Sports News earlier. Bruno's ex boss. Spoke very well about him.

Very interesting that he speaks with Bruno regularly and the mention of only having 15 or 16 players came out.

The impression I got from this piece is he thinks Bruno is doing very well considering the resources.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does he get 17 max? Ignore injuries, we have

Sa, Ruddy
Semedo, Hoever, RAN, Marcal
Coady, Kilman, Saiss (assume), Gomes
Moutinho, Neves, Dendoncker, Cundle
Raul, Podence, Trincao, Chiquinho, Silva

That's 19.Plus Campbell and other U23s who train with the first team squad.

Add Jonny, Hwang, Boly, Mosquera and Neto who will shortly be training with them, and some players will soon be complaining they can't get into the matchday squad.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa, Ruddy

Add Jonny, Hwang, Boly, Mosquera and Neto who will shortly be training with them, and some players will soon be complaining they can't get into the matchday squad.
Carfeful you’ll get called a club apologist. There’s no room for facts, only knee jerk reactions are acceptable!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa, Ruddy

Guess he looks at his best squad which wouldnt include Hoever,Cundle,Chiquo,Mosquero or other injuries

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carfeful you’ll get called a club apologist. There’s no room for facts, only knee jerk reactions are acceptable!
SBK, I know we're not over-run with playets, when you realise that it must be half the population of Liverpool on Everton's books, for example.

But in a month or so we could have most if not all 5 long-term injured back and training with a ball. That's not a particularly small squad, surely?!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa, Ruddy

You start with your biased conclusion, they work backwards, selecting and ignoring evidence to fit your conclusion. Then add something about being "logical" or "what the science says" to give your totally biased opinion some weight. That's what I do, anyway, and most round here too, by looks of it. :)

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa, Ruddy

I think we were down to 16 when we had a few short term injuries in late December. Numbers up now, as you say, particularly if you include those coming back.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno = doom monger?
In fairness, surely not.

It does beg the question, though; what are the exact powers and responsibilities Bruno has?

Many refer to him as "Manager", which he patently is not. He's the Head Coach, and - traditionally - a HC mainly oversees other coaches, coaches the first team, selects the XI and sorts tactics before and on the day. The HC usually does not select players to join the club, unlike the old-fashioned Division One manager, and the modern DoF, with whom the HC works.

I seem to remember reading that Nuno had a say on incoming players. Bruno might well be in the same position, but I was surprised when he's said so much publicly about the positions for which he wants additions. Can people remember if Nuno was equally "vociferous"?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness, surely not.

It does beg the question, though; what are the exact powers and responsibilities Bruno has?

Many refer to him as "Manager", which he patently is not. He's the Head Coach, and - traditionally - a HC mainly oversees other coaches, coaches the first team, selects the XI and sorts tactics before and on the day. The HC usually does not select players to join the club, unlike the old-fashioned Division One manager, and the modern DoF, with whom the HC works.

I seem to remember reading that Nuno had a say on incoming players. Bruno might well be in the same position, but I was surprised when he's said so much publicly about the positions for which he wants additions. Can people remember if Nuno was equally "vociferous"?
I’m sure there was an article with Jeff just after the summer window that Bruno has final say on players. Suppose whether you believe that is dependant on whether you are in the “Jeff is the devil” camp or not.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In fairness, surely not.

From memory i dont think Nuno was as vocal about needing players. It was always about solutions are within the squad. Most likely cause Nuno had developed the squad over 3 years so the strengths were down to him, but also its weaknesses. Would have been a bit rich of him to come out asking for more players when it was him that had built the squad in the first place, whereas this is not Brunos squad. He probably has little to no influence on incommings our outgoings and he lives or dies by the sucess of the first team results and performances, hence why he has and will continue to insist on more players.

What a team doesnt ever want to get into is the same situation that arsene wenger had arsenal. He treated the clubs coffers as his own, and became very unwilling to spend that money tonthe detriment of his playing squad because he was to engrained with the board and the overall leadership.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I remember him when he was manager of Sheffield Wednesday, I quite liked him. What’s he up to these days?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably has little to no influence on incommings our outgoings and he lives or dies by the sucess of the first team results and performances, hence why he has and will continue to insist on more players.

“We could have spent money on a player, the budget wasn’t an issue, albeit we can’t spend like Manchester City or Chelsea. We could easily have bought four or five players, but Bruno had the say on who he did or didn’t want. Jeff Shi, in the Athletic

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him when he was manager of Sheffield Wednesday, I quite liked him. What’s he up to these days?

Think he was a manager in Portugal top league last season or season before. I remember some of his bat **** crazy quotes after games at times!

R

reanswolf

I’m sure there was an article with Jeff just after the summer window that Bruno has final say on players. Suppose whether you believe that is dependant on whether you are in the “Jeff is the devil” camp or not.
Altho you do make some very good points, I reckon you do more damage and ****-stirring on this forum than anyone else with your constant patronising sniping at anyone who makes a post that opposes your viewpoint. You are actually creating this myth that anyone who raises a criticism hates Jeff Shi when very few have said that, that reflects only one or two posters views. 70% of the poll on here have said it was a poor transfer window, but do you really think that same % want Fosun and Jeff Shi gone?

T

TheConcourse

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to Carvalhal. The more I think about the window and - to a degree - contradict myself (trying for balance!)…

Jeff isn’t trying to emulate the conventional method. You don’t beat your competition by copying their strategy. Especially when they’ve simply got more cash.

Smaller, happier squads - everyone gets games. Youngsters get a path if they’re good enough. We leverage Grasshoppers to give our players game time and bring them back if they’re good enough.

Versus.. having a massive squad, huge contracts kicking around for little output.

So in short: thanks for the commentary Carlos. Bruno is doing a great job, but if he isn’t happy then he probably needs to talk less or leave. Everyone on the same page internally.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have to say that if Lage has been told, as some allege on here, to stop criticising the Board and has opted to get his mate to do so instead that seems remarkably ill-advised.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking out at the Wolves board on behalf of Bruno Lage & managing Braga.

Quite good at both :D

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Altho you do make some very good points, I reckon you do more damage and ****-stirring on this forum than anyone else with your constant patronising sniping at anyone who makes a post that opposes your viewpoint. You are actually creating this myth that anyone who raises a criticism hates Jeff Shi when very few have said that, that reflects only one or two posters views. 70% of the poll on here have said it was a poor transfer window, but do you really think that same % want Fosun and Jeff Shi gone?
There are many on here who have absolutely nothing good to say about our chairman

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Gets far too defensive at criticism to Wolves and arrogantly admitted he sees himself as superior to those who moan.

You make a good point in terms of the exaggerating. There are sniping (from both sides) and arguments/debates on this forum when the reality is that the vast majority will have the same opinion - we needed one midfielder in January.

Quite remarkable that the majority can hold the same view on something and yet there are such disagreements, and I say that knowing I cause some. Just shows how much things can get twisted.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably means outfield players so 17 would be correct using @Supadavewolf list.
I make you right on that. You cant play 2 keepers.
I still dont really see Mosquera as a first team player, hes very raw, barely had any game in his home league.
Whatever way its dressed up, this confirms that Bruno isnt the content bunny, aligned with his bosses, that some would like to believe.

Reactions: Ian

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crikey Reans, don't go after SBK; I tried it once and have lived to regret it! I just hope he doesn't know where I live!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the vast majority will have the same opinion - we needed one midfielder in January.

Quite remarkable that the majority can hold the same view on something and yet there are such disagreements
What really tickles me is that the only Wolves-related person who didn't seem to prioritise recruiting an extra CM is our (rightly) lauded Head Coach, who was apparently seeking another central defender!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont want them gone. I want them to start investing again. Starting in the summer when they will need to or we will be in trouble if we arent careful. I cant say I am happy with them though as that would be a lie. To my mind Bruno has been let down.

What I will say is if they cant or wont invest then hopefully they will try and find investment from outside to help.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What really tickles me is that the only Wolves-related person who didn't seem to prioritise recruiting an extra CM is our (rightly) lauded Head Coach, who was apparently seeking another central defender!

Would actually quite like one of the journalists to ask Bruno directly on Friday if he is happy with the depth of his central midfield options. If he gives a straight answer we would know one way or the other.

It is obviously the area of the squad where the majority of fans would like another option in there. Would be interesting to see what his reply would be as I am sure last summer he said he wanted different types of central midfield options unless I am mistaken.

R

reanswolf

Crikey Reans, don't go after SBK; I tried it once and have lived to regret it! I just hope he doesn't know where I live!
Mate, I’m just telling it as it is and how I see it. I’m not really interested in constant petty sniping and I’m sure he is a lot sharper than me, just don’t like constant point scoring and exaggeration. We are all guilty of it sometimes tho me included.

Back
Top Bottom