Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cardiff v Wolves official comms thread

M

Mr Wolf

Where has all this rebuilding $$$$ come from? We needed a few tweaks this squad should be able to compete at least.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Once again the counter is on and Ward passes it BACKWARDS, these guys won't let Mick go.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
getting taught a footballing lesson by derby and now cardiff wasn't exactly on the agenda was it when the scandinavian Mourinho was employed!!! lets see how good he is cos he's got his work cut out

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Staale was dealt a lousy hand with the players he inherited, Clippo the Clown and the great fat negotiator.

However, it's hard to believe that we didn't replace our full-backs in the close season and you don't have to be a highly paid football man to be very dubious about the chances of success with Doyle and SEB as your first choice "strikers".

And people say Moxey is one of the best CEO's in the country haha, he's an absolute foul with limited football knowledge. Clippo the Clown as you put it should've gone so we can have a fresh start. In an ideal world, Morgan would've got rid of Mockey, TC and all the backroom staff. Therefore giving Stale a fresh start. We'll never truly move on and become an established Premier League club with people like Moxey and our backroom staff in our club.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to go for it in the loan market now. Will be some good players available at PL clubs that will be on big wages, we're gunna have to pay em.

Leicester is a must win game now, 1 win in 5 would be unacceptable even for a team fighting relegation.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Siggy as you call him - Injured!
Boukari - Injured!

Zubar - Worst player on the pitch can't control a ball - Let's put him up front.

Think i'll end this conversation now i can see the football knowledge of the person i'm talking to.

I obviously missed the team news prior to the game as i was sorting out a stream for 36 people.

And anyone on this board will tell you that Zubar gets in the team for what he offers going forward rather than his defending prowess.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has all this rebuilding $$$$ come from? We needed a few tweaks this squad should be able to compete at least.

exactly!! it's just some ... on here using it as an excuse!! we are light years ahead of when mick took over yet soe tits think we we shoulfd give stale the same timescale! utter tosh

P

PeteWolf

you do realise this is meant to be a wolves message board with wolves Supporters?
So what, if you aren't mind numbingly blind by ignoring the blatantly obvious happening in front of you and harping on with tedious ill thought out posts resolutely loving the leader then you're not a Wolves fan?

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's all do the conga
Let's all do the conga

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's way too many Mick lovers on here

not really, just some tits who think Stale's got 3-4 years to get us up. if we are still here next season and not in top 4 but october then he's gone!!

B

Batman

I obviously missed the team news prior to the game as i was sorting out a stream for 36 people.

And anyone on this board will tell you that Zubar gets in the team for what he offers going forward rather than his defending prowess.

And now i can tell the mental age of the person i'm talking too. See Ya

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
exactly!! it's just some deluded tits on here using it as an excuse!! we are light years ahead of when mick took over yet soe tits think we we shoulfd give stale the same timescale! utter tosh

your diatribe makes me think that you want Stale to fail?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And know i can tell the mental age of the person i'm talking too. See Ya

I think you mean 'NOW' and 'TO'... jog on!

M

Mr Wolf

exactly!! it's just some ... on here using it as an excuse!! we are light years ahead of when mick took over yet soe tits think we we shoulfd give stale the same timescale! utter tosh

I know, why people think we need 2-3 years to put a team together I don't know. If we wait 3 years we will just be another championship team have the likes of Sheff Wed and Forrest overtake us.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't worry folks just remember that "OUT OF DARKNESS ..."

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Mick, and so far I like Solbakken.

It's complicated, but the problem with McCarthy was clear from the start of last season when he wasn't backed in the transfer market (Gardner, for example, who Mick wanted and who wanted to come). Rightly or wrongly the board lost faith in his project and he and we were always doomed last season.

But liking Mick has nothing to do with how I view Solbakken. In appointing him, the board clearly decided a change of tactic is in order. So he's been charged with overhauling the squad and introduce a new philosophy. He's been given the sums to do that quickly.

But we shouldn't expect immediate success. No matter how good the players are, they don't know each other and they're not used to English football. I've said for a long time that we should expect a walloping or two and if it weren't for Ikeme we'd have had one today. But the season is long in the Championship and there's plenty of time to bounce back - Reading had a terrible start last season, for example.

A couple of things I think do need addressing and I'm surprised Solbakken didn't try to sort out in the transfer window. As exciting as Peszko, Sako and Boukari are, I'd ditch one of them to address these issues:

1. Karl Henry is the single most important player for Wolves, and has been for the last few seasons. We are so weak without him and we desperately need adequate backup.

2. The right-back position urgently needs addressing.

If we're playing as we did today at the end of the season serious questions will need asking. But until then we'll have to put up with a rocky ride and I think most of us know that deep down.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Siggy for 1, Boukari... even push Zubar upfront for a bit more physical presence.

The squad looks short at the moment i think.

Im on board with the project though... were in transition. I believe it will come good

Official Wolves twitter stated before kickoff that Siggy and Boukari were both injured.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I wrote before, I saw very little of the first half except for the penalty action and the penalty itself, then the stream stopped. Tried again in the second half and I had a very good stream which did not stop at all, but I would have preferred to have seen nothing at all. What a disappointing team. Ask me any positives, my reply none at all, and the only player who redeemed himself was just Ikeme, with a set of very good saves.

I have a lot of questions but.

How the hell does SEB finds himself in the team is beyond me, he is totally useless.
Zubar should not feature again in our team he is a liability, he just gave them the equaliser just after we scored.
Edwards - surely without Henry our midfield is not reliable at all.
Where have the new buys gone?
Doyle may be loyal, but he has forgotten how to play football, how he is choosen to represent his country is beyond me.
Why have Dumbria, Peszko and also Sako been so unrecongiseable today.
Why should we accept to play on Thursdays in mid-week, when he have an away fixture in the weekend?
Why were a good number of our passes going to the feet of an opponent?
Ok the league has just started but losing twice on our travels is too much and just confirms that we shall be more concerned with the below half of the table, rather than the top half of the table.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Official Wolves twitter stated before kickoff that Siggy and Boukari were both injured.

I spent the hour prior to kick-off compiling a mailing list to send out to MolMixers so they could watch the stream.

I missed any team news as i was pre-occupied, apologies.

The_Ned

Reaction score
Henry won't fix any of the lack of creativity issues. In fact he'll make them much worse and anchor our midfield even deeper. The difference between our midfielders and Whittingham was painful today

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gonna say this now

We are not a Newcastle or a West Ham we're a club in the process of re-building if your not going to bother to appreciate why dont you just go and come back once its done .. wait dont come back at all Wolves fans really $$$$ me off

Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!
This is going to take time and patience. Yes its frustrating because we want Wolves to win every game but it's not going to happen. Stale is still learning about the players he's inherited, the loan market is still open so I hope he can bring in 2 defenders that can defend. What would we give for a Denis Irwin on 1 side and Jackie Macnamara on the other side. I don't care about the fullbacks overlapping, make us solid defensively 1st.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
tbh most of these on here wouldnt be happy if we had Messi and Ronaldo

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Mick, and so far I like Solbakken.

It's complicated, but the problem with McCarthy was clear from the start of last season when he wasn't backed in the transfer market (Gardner, for example, who Mick wanted and who wanted to come). Rightly or wrongly the board lost faith in his project and he and we were always doomed last season.

But liking Mick has nothing to do with how I view Solbakken. In appointing him, the board clearly decided a change of tactic is in order. So he's been charged with overhauling the squad and introduce a new philosophy. He's been given the sums to do that quickly.

But we shouldn't expect immediate success. No matter how good the players are, they don't know each other and they're not used to English football. I've said for a long time that we should expect a walloping or two and if it weren't for Ikeme we'd have had one today. But the season is long in the Championship and there's plenty of time to bounce back - Reading had a terrible start last season, for example.

A couple of things I think do need addressing and I'm surprised Solbakken didn't try to sort out in the transfer window. As exciting as Peszko, Sako and Boukari are, I'd ditch one of them to address these issues:

1. Karl Henry is the single most important player for Wolves, and has been for the last few seasons. We are so weak without him and we desperately need adequate backup.

2. The right-back position urgently needs addressing.

If we're playing as we did today at the end of the season serious questions will need asking. But until then we'll have to put up with a rocky ride and I think most of us know that deep down.

Excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom