Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Carabao / League / Milk Cup Round 4 Draw

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton and Leicester have also ended up with a decent draw, and from recent experience they're as dangerous as the likes of City/Liverpool and Newcastle.
Still, a good draw for us nevertheless.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Might be a tricky game for us. Gillingham will have been playing competitive football for weeks leading up to it and our boys will have had 5 weeks without a game. I know we can train hard and play friendlies, but nothing replaces competitive match fitness.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be a tricky game for us. Gillingham will have been playing competitive football for weeks leading up to it and our boys will have had 5 weeks without a game. I know we can train hard and play friendlies, but nothing replaces competitive match fitness.

I actually didn't know those leagues carried on.

Does The Championship?

Gromit

Reaction score
Remember thumping Gills 6-1 on a wet & windy nite late 80s and umbrellas were confiscated at SB turnstiles. Repeat please JL.
Think it was 6-0 actually Rhyl - 1st game I took my daughters to. Needless to say they're now ST holders!!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I actually didn't know those leagues carried on.

Does The Championship?
The Championship has a smaller break. It restarts on 10th December. Although there's one game on 3rd December for some reason (Millwall v Sunderland). Leagues One and Two carry on as normal.

"The English Football League (EFL) has adjusted its schedule to accommodate the international tournament, with a break in Championship matches planned from November 13 to December 9.

That period includes the World Cup group stage, plus the opening round of knockout games."

W

WasStefan

The Championship has a smaller break. It restarts on 10th December. Although there's one game on 3rd December for some reason (Millwall v Sunderland). Leagues One and Two carry on as normal.

"The English Football League (EFL) has adjusted its schedule to accommodate the international tournament, with a break in Championship matches planned from November 13 to December 9.

That period includes the World Cup group stage, plus the opening round of knockout games."
I was looking at championship fixtures the other day and was surprised they resume on 3rd December, when the world cup is at last 16 stage. Gonna be weird with them playing and League One/ Two playing on through it all.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully hatrick or perhaps even 4?? Think I was there too.
He scored 1, the 5th or 6th I think. We had several different scorers which was highly unusual as it was usually Bully plus one maybe 2. The look of relief when he scored was a sight to behold. If I remember rightly it was a Tuesday night, early March 1989, division 3 game. I was living in London so ended up getting the milk train to London. Don’t remember them scoring but then again it didn’t matter.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep I’d say 1995 villa away lost 1-0 Tommy Johnson …
Jan 1996 I was in the Holt End and when they scored they were all jumping up and down whilst I sat there with my head in my hands but typical Villa they just looked at me and did nothing- ****ers

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was the 2003 match. Hope I don't jinx us by posting it. Look at the state of Kennedy's back heel and assist for the second:

Reminds me of the Forest game in August 2008 when we were 4-0 up at HT and it could have been 10.

One of the best halves of football we've ever played that.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Jan 1996 I was in the Holt End and when they scored they were all jumping up and down whilst I sat there with my head in my hands but typical Villa they just looked at me and did nothing- ****ers
Yes, Blues in the FA Cup followed by Villa in the LC, two freezing early morning trips to Molineux for tickets. Not everything about football has got worse!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dream draw really. Possibly banana skin territory with Gillingham not having a break but now we know who isn't going to Qatar you could almost pick the team now and no doubt they'll want to impress Lopetegui in his first game in charge. Get through this and there's potentially an opportunity

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Flip it round though - Gills will have been playing competitive games on less than perfect pitches. Plenty of chances for their players to get injured...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect price, just before Xmas, 30k plus
Kids will have broken up it’s a perfect time to do cheap tickets and sell out. But you can bet Vinny ****ing Turpin will be thinking it’s Julen‘s first game and will try and get away with charging as much as he possibly can.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think gillingham fans are also saying “yes it’s wolves. They are ****ing **** and we managed to avoid citeh, Newcastle, United, forest etc. so just 1 game away from quarters”

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep me too!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Hope Wolves are sensible with their prices. I know they have to agree it with the away team, but £10 adults and £5 concessions and I think you’ll sell out. Wonder if Gillingham will have the quadrant or the bully lower?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gillingham will be saying, “Wolves are joint bottom of their league and being playing cr@p, and won’t have played for 6 weeks, this a great opportunity for a scalp”

Back
Top Bottom