Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Carabao Cup Third Round

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've looked at the trains and it's a journey down to Euston, across to Liverpool Street and on to Ipswich.
Add ticket, overnight accommodation etc , its going to be an expensive jaunt if I decide to do it.

Think the last time I went there we drew 0-0 which came after a previous away game at Newcastle which was also ended 0-0.
We did both trips in my mates XR3i. He certainly bumped up his annual mileage that season, I recall.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My last trip to Portman Road 1994 replay. Lee Mill, Andy Thompson winning 2-1.
Scenes after the final whistle chanting Jack Haywards Barmy Army for an age after the match ended. Stewards ended up asking us to leave as think they wanted to lock up and go home :)

John Wark played for Ipswich that night if I recall and the state of the pitch was awful.
Sounds like it was a Wark in the park?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats pretty poor, not even 10%,
I thought cup games was 15% of ground capacity.

Wolves probably thought the max we'd sell is that amount - no point them buying 2,900 tickets for Ipswich on a Tuesday night in the Carabao Cup, would be shocked if we shifted that many.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves probably thought the max we'd sell is that amount - no point them buying 2,900 tickets for Ipswich on a Tuesday night in the Carabao Cup, would be shocked if we shifted that many.
Im a member as are others who would love to watch wolves away i dont care what day it is on or what time.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im a member as are others who would love to watch wolves away i dont care what day it is on or what time.

Then you've probably been around the block long enough to know we won't have a 3,000-ish demand for a Tuesday night early round cup tie in Ipswich.

Would be a great effort if we shift the 2,300.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Then you've probably been around the block long enough to know we won't have a 3,000-ish demand for a Tuesday night early round cup tie in Ipswich.

Do you reckon it will get to members then mate?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you reckon it will get to members then mate?
I’d be amazed if it doesn’t go to general sale! It’s a long trek, stopped over last time, got a speeding ticket on the way home! A14 has to be the worst “main” road outside of Wales, it’s garbage to drive on. Unless they’ve improved it in the last decade massively

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So we accept a lower allocation and still get the 140 restricted view tickets. Can we just open the section at the top of the North Bank, where you can only see the Steve Bull roof, to away fans for every club that sells us tickets like this!

Mind you there's a few home fans who would probably buy them given recent experience!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Don't remember many over 1k

When In the Championship we usually got no many more than 1k or less on a Tuesday night, not sure now we are premier lg if that changes anything. have always paid on the night, anyone remember the FA Cup tie when we had 5k tickets for behind the goal. must have been double that on that terrace, Packed in like Sardines that day .
Ipswich Town v Wolves, FA Cup 4th Round, 29th January 1977

Last edited:

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When In the Championship we usually got no many more than 1k or less on a Tuesday night, not sure now we are premier lg if that changes anything. have always paid on the night, anyone remember the FA Cup tie when we had 5k tickets for behind the goal. must have been double that on that terrace, Packed in like Sardines that day .
Yep I was at that game we won the replay on the Tuesday night

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Only been to Ipswich twice, this being my first visit, Paul Mariner the best header of the ball I have ever seen. Great days, people refer to us thes days as a pack, back then we were a tribe.

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I do remember that. It was packed. For the only time watching Wolves I got in without paying as I queues up at the adults turnstile rather than the kid do I was allowed to climb over. Ipswich were top of the league I recall and had just put 7 past Albion. Heartbreaking not to win that day but the Tuesday night replay was excellent.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do remember that. It was packed. For the only time watching Wolves I got in without paying as I queues up at the adults turnstile rather than the kid do I was allowed to climb over. Ipswich were top of the league I recall and had just put 7 past Albion. Heartbreaking not to win that day but the Tuesday night replay was excellent.
Second year in a row we beat Ipswich after a replay in the FA cup
Gould scored with imo was a mis hit cross

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom