Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Carabao Cup 2nd Rnd - Stoke City (H) verdict

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did not watch it but I suppose the score-line tells it all. Oh well. **** it.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hallmark of this Wolves, when the big occasion arrives they seldom do.

"Concentrate on the league" that can get ****ed. Seldom get annoyed but that was an absolute ****take, half hearted, like it was just a casual kick about.

Fuming.

The league can go **** itself.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abysmal. No real effort or urgency until Stoke had scored and then it was too little, too late.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Poor game all round, decided by an awful mistake by one of our most experienced players. Can’t criticise the team selection it was stronger than most people wanted/predicted. Flat performance all round though. That team should beat Stoke every time.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't look interested. Approached it like a friendly and got what we deserved, nothing.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Embarrassing performance all round. Played with no purpose, created next to nothing and apart from a 15-minute Adama spell first half and one Neto run we had nothing.

Vitinha's performance was a worry as these are the sort of games I'd hope he'd make a difference in.
Silva had a few decent touches but didn't look very good and missed a sitter.
Vinagre was arguably the worst player on the pitch and Ruddy decided to throw one in.

Another year without a trophy.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ruddy gotta go. Makes at least 1 clanger a match that leads to a goal.
Rest of the team didn't cover themselves in glory either.
To be fair to Silva, he did get into a lot of promising positions, he just wasn't clinical. He's very very young remember. We need to ignore the price tag for now whilst he gets up to speed.
Hope everything is OK with Jota.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama needs to realise it’s a team game, he takes far to many touches.
Vinagre is Vinagre
Considering our main threat is usually our wing backs I am very concerned atm

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hallmark of this Wolves, when the big occasion arrives they seldom do.

"Concentrate on the league" that can get ****ed. Seldom get annoyed but that was an absolute ****take, half hearted, like it was just a casual kick about.

Fuming.

The league can go **** itself.
when the big occasion arrives they seldom do? What an absolute heap of **** this is. This is the opposite of the big occasion and this team has proven itself in big games numerous times.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Embarrasing performance, Nuno still hasn't learnt the lessons from past teams that have come and sat in against us. Got to move the ball a lot quicker.

Special mention for Ruddy though, barely plays for us but whenever he does he seems to chuck one in. We badly need a reliable no2 because if Patricio ever gets injured we will be in big trouble with him as our backup.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
A chance at Europe thrown away with the worst performance for years.

Jeff - We need more players who are ready to start in the first team now.

Angry.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes a game comes along to remind us that underneath the shiny shell, we're still Wolves. There's been a hundred matches like that down the years, spending money makes no difference. All that matters now is Man City.

That said... We have one of the best goalkeepers in the world. ****ing play him in every ****ing game. How many times before we learn?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when the big occasion arrives they seldom do? What an absolute heap of **** this is. This is the opposite of the big occasion and this team has proven itself in big games numerous times.
Name ones where a prize is at stake and I'll name a dozen where theyve not. A team that enjoys being the underdog.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful. We need some wingbacks who can cross.

Some people may hate to hear it as he's well liked but Vinagre really isn't good enough for the level we are at now. Weak defensively and has no end product on the ball in the final third. Would sell if Porto are geniunely interested.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy 0 - dropped a cross and through a shot in his own goal . Cost us the fa cup semi final and has cost us again in this match . He’s not good enough . Imagine if rui got injured

burr - 5 - didn’t see much of him to be honest but clearly nowhere near standard we need

vinagre 2 - terrible . Needs to move on imo . Clearly not good enough. Had so many chances .Disappointed as there is a good player in there but he takes his eye if the ball

Boly Coady saiss - 6 poor for the goal

nevesdendoncker 5 - didn’t move the ball quick enough

vitinha 5 -not the attacking dribbling midfielder I thought he was although I don’t think he was played in his position

Silva 6.5 - disappointing miss but some great play and touches . Looks promising but was starved of chances

traore - 6 the sort of game a 70 million player would be expected to create something

Neto 7 drives with so much energy

podence 7 not much time

Jimenez 7 not much time

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must confess I laughed when Adama put in 'that cross'

The best thing to come out of this will hopefully be the realisation that additions are mandatory if we want to move forward.

I was singing about how strong the extended squad was the other night. Not anymore!

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Level of performance should not be acceptable.
Losing is one thing, losing like that is quite another, no drive no energy and seemingly no idea from Nuno how to combat it. Very very poor all round.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasted my time and £10 on a match. I really dont think we were that bothered about winning that match.

IF WE WERE then our midfield is just too deep, too defensive.

If you are looking to strengthen that match showed in slow motion where we are weakest.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Some people may hate to hear it as he's well liked but Vinagre really isn't good enough for the level we are at now. Weak defensively and has no end product on the ball in the final third. Would sell if Porto are geniunely interested.
I agree, not only that... Burr made vinagre look decent. That silva lad, albeit hes young and new was no improvement on bonatini at all, Leo aint much older either. Why not save 35 mil and give rafa mir ago, i didnt see much difference, absolutely poor against a poor side who played their weaker team!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same problems as last season. Can't get the ball forward, poor passes, too deep and an overall lackadaisical showing.

One thing for sure, is that some posters tried to cope with not making Europe by saying "atleast we can challenge for the cups!1!1" yet when we lose people shrug and go "its only a cup who cares". Stop sitting on the fence. I'll gladly take a cup over a 7th place finish again, any day

D

Deleted member 11332

A cup that rewards silverware we haven't won in the best part of 40 years.

Do we get a trophy for finishing 7th?

They didnt turn up when theres a chance.

The equivalent of one of them daft pre season tournaments no one cares about. We won the championship 3 years ago which is worth more than the ****ty league cup these days.

WillenhallWolfie1980

Reaction score
Shocking performance all over the park , Nuno needs more players in as this squad isnt good enough , Embarrassing the way we played , Do not think we had a shot on target all night , God knows what Ruddy was doing for their goal but it was saveable and it should have been saved , Not the 1st time he's made the odd clanger

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A dozen, what a load of *******s. There was no prize at stake tonight ffs it’s miles away from the final of an irrelevant competition.
The prize at stake is progression towards winning something (aka a major honour) that we haven't done for a generation. That's the prize. You know when you call big games cup finals for a reason?

Again, who gives a hoot where we finish, it resets and we go again, a cup lasts for eternity, so damn right I'm rather pee'd off by a half ***** attempt.

Back
Top Bottom